“Not for the Business traveler” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“Not for the Business traveler”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is Tourist hotel. NOT business friendly, especially if you are using a Corporate Lodging Card. This hotel only gets about half of it's regular rate when CLC members stay here and they don't like it. And will give you their worse rooms. I called this hotel at 10:00 pm on 08/14/13, to Check In the next day. I asked if I could get an early check in because I was working at 10 pm, 08/15/13 and needed to sleep during that day. The clerk said, they will not be full that night and would be able to check in at 1 pm. I arrived at 1 pm, and was promptly told, They do not check in anyone until 3 pm. But I could possibly check in at 2 pm. And at 2 pm, I was checked in by the General Manager, Michelle G. herself. I told her, I needed to sleep for work that night. She gives me what turns out to be worse and noisiest room in the hotel. Room 213 is next to the elevator, with Head of the bed against the wall of the elevator. After 3 hours, and been woke up a 3rd time by the elevator. I asked for another room. I was given room 216 across from the elevator hall, so still a noisy room but I was able to sleep a little. Michele G. Checked me out the next day, and knew I had "Reviewed" her hotel on Yahoo by then. Her exact words were " Sorry you couldn't sleep Mr Johnson", Out of 11 people on my travel team, I was the only one to stay here. The rest of my team stayed at the Quality Inn down the street, I will not be staying here again for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Any room away from Elevator, if they put you in the room, directly behind elevator, expect to hear t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We do our very best for each guest to get you in a clean vacant room at your request time, however during our peak month, it does becomes a challenge.
I am sorry you were not able to get quality sleep and really want you to return and allow us to find the perfect room for you?
Thank you so much for your business, we appreciate you and hope to see you again soon!

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
North Port, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel (3 nights) as it was closest to the wedding activities. The exterior and interior were clean and the front desk folks were very welcoming and helpful. When getting to our room, I realized that it was not what I had reserved, which was a King room. The front desk quickly found a room for us. The room was very roomy. I think another chair or loveseat could have fit too! We also had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker in the room. I like having a refrigerator to keep water bottles cold for future use. We did not have time to use the indoor pool but it was always being used and it looked well kept. The bed was comfortable and the pillows, although small, were comfortable too. The TV worked fine but the control was a bit awkward to use at first. The only complaint I have is that the towels were too thin. They get soaked in no time after drying off from the shower. On our 2nd day, they forgot to replenish the bath towels and we ended up with pool towels, which were a bit bigger and thicker. These worked great!

The breakfast area was always clean and well attended. Loved all the hot/cold items and no one seemed to have any issues. Would recommend this hotel for the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking time to let us and others know about your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations! We hope you will make our hotel your hotel every time your ravels bring you back to the Ft Walton area! Thank you so much for your business!
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Upon drive up, the exterior and public areas looked fine. Our check-in process was efficient and smooth. We were surprised at the wide hallways and the generous size of our room. Upon arrival, we noticed that our room was stuffy and warm. Thinking that this is not unusual on a hot Florida July afternoon, we turned down the A/C and went out for the evening.

We returned to our room at 10PM and the room was 79 degrees, despite the A/C being on. We called the front desk and a maintenance person arrived quickly. He worked on the A/C and found a wiring problem. He also tried to fix the volume on our TV; it would not go high enough to hear. He said he would look for an A/C unit and TV for us. After 30 minutes, I called the front desk: "The maintenance person was looking for the A/C unit and TV for us." After another 30 minutes, I called the front desk again. The lady said the maintenance person went home for the night. I asked about changing rooms; we could not as the hotel was full. After some prompting on my part, the night desk manager offered a deeply discounted rate for our inconvenience if we would stay the night. We agreed.

Upon checkout the next morning, the day manager had notes about our experiences. However, she said we were only offered a $40 discount, not the rate promised the night before. After considerable debate at the counter, I asked for the General Manager. The desk person tried calling the GM at home (it was Sunday) but could not reach her.

I made calls to the GM, Michelle Garcia, for two days after our checkout. She was gracious and ultimately gave me the discount rate promised. However, I had to spend a considerable amount of energy to resolve this issue; I only wanted what was promised me to get me to stay the night in a tough situation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to let us know about your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear you had a few issues in your guest room, but am happy to hear the end result was what the night auditor offered. During busy summer months when all of our rooms are full, its hard to move a guest when we do not have availability. I sure wish we did have a room to move you to, so you would have a prefect stay. We would love the opportunity to host you again and show you the hotel is a great place to stay. We want every guest to leave happy and want to return. Thank you for your business. We appreciate you.
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here 2nd year in a Row great customer service, rooms are always clean, good size bathrooms, good coffee, feels like home, great breakfast!! Will return a great place for a family!!staff are awesome will alway do what they can to help in any way!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We love to hear you are a return guest and plan to make our hotel your home away from home when your travels bring you back to Ft Walton. We are thrilled we met your expectations! Thank you for your business!!
DeRidder, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We arrived and checked in, got to our room and the air didn't work. My husband went down to tell the staff and was advised to just "unplug and reset it". We tried that but it still blew hot. This went on for an hour. He went down to tell them again and the lady acted like there was nothing she could do about it at first. Finally after getting the run around she moved us to another room but said "the tv was acting up in this room so just flip it off and on if it doesn't work". Wow amazing. Our room smelled so horrible with paint fumes that my kids woke up sick from the smell. Breakfast area was very small and the tables wobbled tons. There was one bottle of syrup out for the waffles for everyone to share which I thought was very unsanitary and not to mention not enough to go around. There were some sort of small bugs crawling on the pastries as well. This was the second time we have had an awful stay at a comfort Inn. The last was in houston Texas. The staff was very unfriendly as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your time to let us know about your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We will be sure to note your issues and ensure our staff address`s each concern. We do want every guest to have an exceptional stay, so we would like to invite you back in the near future to have a much better stay in Ft Walton. We appreciate you and your business.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Inn because it was convenient to family we were visiting. Very close to the beaches and lots of restaurants. There are a lot of things to do in the area. We checked in at around 5 oclock and our room was ready for us. Quick and easy. Our first room was on the second floor in the back and was nice and quiet. The room and bathroom were very clean. The bed was comfortable, with the exception of the teeny, tiny pillows they give you. Really hard to sleep with.
We were unable to enter our room the second day, had an issue with the door key reader.The young lady at the front desk quickly had us in a new room and taken care of. I do not like indoor pools so we didn't use it, but there were other folks in there having fun. There is a small gym and a computer room, but we didn't use those either. We did use the breakfast for 3 mornings, and it was well taken care of. I wish I would have gotten the name of the woman in charge, but I did thank her. It was standard with eggs, bacon or sausage, hot and cold cereals, toast, bagels etc.
She just did such a great job of keeping everything full and clean all while asking everyone if they needed anything.
Overall we had a great stay, nice employees, only observation was that in both rooms we had , the carpets needed cleaning. Oh, and those pillows. Yikes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you so much for being our guest while on your vacation. We are thrilled to hear you had a great time. We do hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your business!
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel on a last minute trip to the area. I was joining some others that already had a room elsewhere. This hotel was convenient to most other attractions. Their rooms were clean, staff friendly, and parking lot was large and well lit. Because of my late check in, I was given a first floor room. The staff told me the rooms on floor one were quiet, but this was NOT the case at all. I consistently heard noises: banging doors, screaming children, etc. All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post about your recent stay. We are happy you made the choice to stay with us during your trip to Ft Walton. We hope to see you back again when your travels bring you back to our area! Thank you for your business!!

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!