“Not so great.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Waldorf, Maryland
“Not so great.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

I guess you get what you pay for! The price was really good for a week stay but it was very noisy.
The carpet could stand a good cleaning and the bedspreads had cigarette holes in them.

We have stayed at Value Place in Clarksville, Tn. and it was completely different, so much better in every way.

I was very disappointed and will not stay there again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

I was at the value place for a couple of weeks and had the worst hotel experience I've ever had. Most of the staff was friendly.. EXCEPT for the drunken maintenance guy living on the fourth floor! OMG who drinks on the job and gets away with it?! All i did was ask for a plunger for the restroom, which by the way was easily clogged w/not too much toilet paper. He preceded to tell me it wasn't his job to get me one and how dare I bother him at his home! Seriously?! Ridiculous.. so I moved on and found a housekeeper who was more than willing to assist me. When I asked his name he responded Nate, so Nate if you're reading this.. do the world a favor and head to rehab and clean yourself up! Thanks.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014 via mobile

Service was awful, never had clean towels, had a shower leak which took 2 days for a guy to come fix and he had a horrible attitude. All staff for that matter had attitudes. Sat the trash outside the room one morning and it was placed back inside my room by housekeeping. Apparently they only clean the rooms every two weeks(DISGUSTING!!!)... Never again will I stay at a Value Place due to this experience..

• Stayed November 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Room was clean and staff as helpful as they could be. The facility was constructed with every expense spared. NO NOISE INSULATION. You hear and are disturbed by every single time anyone even farts. Especially from rooms above you. Unacceptable. I couldn't afford anything else and considered sleeping in my truck in the parking lot! Keep in mind, I am VERY sensitive to noise made by other people. Just be aware. Cheap.....clean......staff is great......the noise is a deal killer for me.

• Stayed October 2014
FORT WALTON BEACH, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2014

Did not enjoy the staff. Housekeeper cursed at us and never apologized, even after complaining to management. Manager threatened to evict us because of the compliants we had about the housekeeping and their staff. Worst experience we have ever encountered while staying at a hotel. Sheriff was always seen at the site also.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Value Place

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014 via mobile

Money well spent. Limited amenities but you get what you pay for. The staff was friendly, especially the night girl on the 500 number. I stayed at the hotel for over a month and had to call Felisha over 6 times because I kept locking myself out. She was always extremely friendly and professional so I dont understand what the review below me is talking about, especially when I had to call at 3am lol. I also wanted to mention how great Amean was during our stay, also very helpful. They both went above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable during our stay. We look forward to out next stay!

• Stayed August 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

I must say I was pleased but offended at the same time. The good things about my stay were the rooms were very nice and alot cleaner then the last value place I stayed at in Alabama, the housekeepers were very kind and considerate to me and my needs, but the one thing I have to say that was a turn off and would make me think twice about staying there again was I locked myself out of my room by mistake one night and I called the 500 number from the phone in the lobby and the lady I talked to was rude acted like it a real brat toward me because she had to get up and make me another key I did apologize to her and I don't feel like I should have when I asked her name she said why you want to know but if I had to complain it would be that their employee Felicia is very rude and inconsiderate and that should be addressed

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Value Place Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!