“rating has dropped” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Lebanon, Kentucky, United States
“rating has dropped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have to rate this place lower that just 6 months ago. The weekly rates have just been hiked $40.00 a week. It took me 6 months to get a toilet leak fixed and a door lock problem fixed. They advertise room cleaning every other week, but I just went 4 weeks before my room was cleaned. I had to file a complaint to the chain management to get the above issues settled.

The rooms are still above average in cleanliness and convenience for this price range. The location is ideal. I stayed here for over a year and had no complaints for the 1st 6 months. Weekly prices are good for Fort Walton Beach, but higher than other Value Places in nearby communities.

When compared with another Value Place in Greenwood, Indiana where I stayed 5 months, this one is at least one star below the Indiana motel.

Room Tip: 1st two floors are non-smoking, with smoking allowed in the rooms on floors three and four.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Not sure of why the bad reviews. We enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean and staff was very nice and available to us. At 350.00 for the week this place can't be beat. We were able to enjoy our vacation and save money to do other things. It is true that there's no extras here. It's a nice clean room with a kitchen. Bring your own dishes and any personal items ( shampoo, toothpaste, lotion etc). But the staff was great. Oh by the way we had one issue. The refrigerator was making a squeaky noise. We let the staff know and they replaced it in less than a half an hour. We really appreciated that. We will definitely stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.
Paris, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Very safe interior environment. Very, Very CLEAN rooms and kitchens.....STAFF IS WONDERFUL!!! They went out of there way to help and make sure everything was pleasant for me and my family. Short 4 mile trip to Okaloosa Island where you can enjoy the Emerald Coast on the whitest sand I have ever seen!!! Enjoy all the local attractions.....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Value Place

ft walton beach fla, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

the front clerk was extremley helpful on the day we checked in the room she checked us in on was recentlly cleaned within hours earlier and it was due to the fact of my wifes asthema that she was kind enough to give us that room. the hoetl was very easy to find the grounds were very well kept and security was very good, the room was comfortable enouigh for our stay and we would go there again the staff and front clerk that day were very nice in accomodatingus

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Value Place

Lacombe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

It is a nice hotel for the price. The staff members are rude! Check in was supposed to be at 3 we arrived at 4 and still had to wait about 45 minutes to get in the room and when we complained she said she doesn't have to let u stay here even though I made reservations. And after that we complains to another staff member who said " would you like me to check you out if you don't like it?"

• Stayed July 2014
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the overall our staff. All of your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

From the moment of check in we had problems. We came from out of state. They were 3 hours late on check in which I was very agitated about having many cranky kids who were in a car all day and me being third trimester pregnant. When I complained about the rooms not being ready 3 hours later I was told by the front clerk "we don't HAVE to let you have this room" after I had booked months in advance. Check in finally came and she told me there were no blankets that she would bring them up later "4 hours later" she walked into my room without even knocking pulling sheets off of out made bed. The refrigerator didn't get cold and our food went bad. The room below me had music blaring so loud it was shaking our floor so I complained about it and se said "well that's out maintenance man" then my mother was talking to me saying how this place was horrible well a woker (a different clerk) basically pried the elevator open and said "you don't like it here? We will check you out right now. Threatening to throw us out" for paying $460 a week per room (we had 2) or for any price this place is horrible and the employees are worse. They made is want to end our vacation early I would give them a 0/5

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. It’s unfortunate that your experience did not meet your expectations; and we extend our sincerest apologies. At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest stay is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart. We would like to connect with you for more details. Would you please email ContactUs@ValuePlace.com?
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

It wasnt a horrible stay but being that its an extended stay hotel, its not really family oriented... the pricing was good, the services and staff were good and friendly, and the room was clean... I personally probably wont stay again just because of it not being family friendly but if ur looking for a good price and plan on staying for a while then this might be for u...

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and our kind staff during your visit. Still, I apologize that you were not satisfied with the overall condition of our hotel. All of your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Been to Value Place Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!