“Rude staff members!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Lacombe
“Rude staff members!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

It is a nice hotel for the price. The staff members are rude! Check in was supposed to be at 3 we arrived at 4 and still had to wait about 45 minutes to get in the room and when we complained she said she doesn't have to let u stay here even though I made reservations. And after that we complains to another staff member who said " would you like me to check you out if you don't like it?"

• Stayed July 2014

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

From the moment of check in we had problems. We came from out of state. They were 3 hours late on check in which I was very agitated about having many cranky kids who were in a car all day and me being third trimester pregnant. When I complained about the rooms not being ready 3 hours later I was told by the front clerk "we don't HAVE to let you have this room" after I had booked months in advance. Check in finally came and she told me there were no blankets that she would bring them up later "4 hours later" she walked into my room without even knocking pulling sheets off of out made bed. The refrigerator didn't get cold and our food went bad. The room below me had music blaring so loud it was shaking our floor so I complained about it and se said "well that's out maintenance man" then my mother was talking to me saying how this place was horrible well a woker (a different clerk) basically pried the elevator open and said "you don't like it here? We will check you out right now. Threatening to throw us out" for paying $460 a week per room (we had 2) or for any price this place is horrible and the employees are worse. They made is want to end our vacation early I would give them a 0/5

• Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It wasnt a horrible stay but being that its an extended stay hotel, its not really family oriented... the pricing was good, the services and staff were good and friendly, and the room was clean... I personally probably wont stay again just because of it not being family friendly but if ur looking for a good price and plan on staying for a while then this might be for u...

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Springdale, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was an extremely pleasant surprise. The room was clean and as advertised (basic w/ kitchenette). The service, however, was beyond any expectation I could have had. We were greeted by Amin. Amin took every opportunity to smile and offer help. He was a pleasure to speak with and a nice smile every time we saw him. He met every need we had and provided any request with a suitable solution. We traveled to Ft. Walton on family business to research and contract a place for my father and stepmother to live (my father has advanced dementia). Traveling in June to Ft. Walton area is very expensive and we were struggling to find a place large enough for the 3 of us with a reasonable location for under $1500 for the week. This property provided a wonderful central location (may not be the on the beach but close enough) to do necessary travel and research and the price was under $400 for the week. Again, the most impressive thing was the service. I have owned a number of businesses, traveled extensively, stayed in 5 star accommodations all over the world and have never been treated any better than I was by Amin. The other staff always smiled and had kind words as well. I believe this is because attitude is like a virus (good or bad) and Amin's was spectacularly contagious. I can assure you, if I ever have another business in need of customer service talent, I will be recruiting Amin. Even if you are traveling for a beach vacation the money you save can be used for great excursions. For any who have the choice to stay here, you will be hard pressed to find anyone with better service at any price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sean A, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you found your guest room to be comfortable and affordable. We hope you had an opportunity to take advantage of the restaurants that were in walking distance to our hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Coconut Creek, Florida, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Arrived at night and the front desk was closed already but I got my room keys in advance from the company I work for. When I walked in the room it wasn't cleaned. The trash cans were over flowing with coronas, towels on the floor used and wet, and sheets for the bed on the floor. The front desk was closed so the next morning I asked room service about the room and was told it was $25 to clean the room, $7 for a towel and $7 for new sheets. And then I asked where I leave the trash at and they told me to throw it out myself in the dumpster behind the hotel. This hotel is beyond below standards. The hallways and elevator wreak of cigarettes and weed. The hotel is located in the ghetto as well, upon my arrival that night I saw a hooker in the parking lot talking to a man and I overheard their conversation about getting a room that night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. It’s unfortunate that your experience did not meet your expectations; and we extend our sincerest apologies. At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest stay is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart. We would like to connect with you for more details. Would you please email ContactUs@ValuePlace.com?
Humble, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I know there are plenty of hotels on the beach in the surrounding area. However, I would stay here again and again. This place was always clean, the staff was so nice. Every time I would see a staff member they would greet you with a smile and answered any questions I had. The cost you just can't beat. I also got to save additional money by cooking breakfast in the kitchen. Our refrigerator wasn't cold and we went out and once we got back the fridge was replaced. Excellent, Excellent Stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago

Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We are a small construction company that travels in the southeastern states. Value Place is one of the motel chains I look for, but this one was exceptional! Friendly and accommodating staff, clean rooms with kitchens, great extended stay prices. This was an overall great experience for our crews.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you found your guest room to be comfortable and affordable. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Been to Value Place Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!