“Not horrible but not great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Fort Walton Beach

and 1 more site!
You added Value Place Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
Value Place Fort Walton Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   915 Harrelson Drive, Racetrack Rd & Eglin Pkwy, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547   |
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
“Not horrible but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

It wasnt a horrible stay but being that its an extended stay hotel, its not really family oriented... the pricing was good, the services and staff were good and friendly, and the room was clean... I personally probably wont stay again just because of it not being family friendly but if ur looking for a good price and plan on staying for a while then this might be for u...

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and our kind staff during your visit. Still, I apologize that you were not satisfied with the overall condition of our hotel. All of your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Springdale, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was an extremely pleasant surprise. The room was clean and as advertised (basic w/ kitchenette). The service, however, was beyond any expectation I could have had. We were greeted by Amin. Amin took every opportunity to smile and offer help. He was a pleasure to speak with and a nice smile every time we saw him. He met every need we had and provided any request with a suitable solution. We traveled to Ft. Walton on family business to research and contract a place for my father and stepmother to live (my father has advanced dementia). Traveling in June to Ft. Walton area is very expensive and we were struggling to find a place large enough for the 3 of us with a reasonable location for under $1500 for the week. This property provided a wonderful central location (may not be the on the beach but close enough) to do necessary travel and research and the price was under $400 for the week. Again, the most impressive thing was the service. I have owned a number of businesses, traveled extensively, stayed in 5 star accommodations all over the world and have never been treated any better than I was by Amin. The other staff always smiled and had kind words as well. I believe this is because attitude is like a virus (good or bad) and Amin's was spectacularly contagious. I can assure you, if I ever have another business in need of customer service talent, I will be recruiting Amin. Even if you are traveling for a beach vacation the money you save can be used for great excursions. For any who have the choice to stay here, you will be hard pressed to find anyone with better service at any price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sean A, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you found your guest room to be comfortable and affordable. We hope you had an opportunity to take advantage of the restaurants that were in walking distance to our hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Coconut Creek, Florida, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Arrived at night and the front desk was closed already but I got my room keys in advance from the company I work for. When I walked in the room it wasn't cleaned. The trash cans were over flowing with coronas, towels on the floor used and wet, and sheets for the bed on the floor. The front desk was closed so the next morning I asked room service about the room and was told it was $25 to clean the room, $7 for a towel and $7 for new sheets. And then I asked where I leave the trash at and they told me to throw it out myself in the dumpster behind the hotel. This hotel is beyond below standards. The hallways and elevator wreak of cigarettes and weed. The hotel is located in the ghetto as well, upon my arrival that night I saw a hooker in the parking lot talking to a man and I overheard their conversation about getting a room that night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. It’s unfortunate that your experience did not meet your expectations; and we extend our sincerest apologies. At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest stay is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart. We would like to connect with you for more details. Would you please email ContactUs@ValuePlace.com?
Humble, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I know there are plenty of hotels on the beach in the surrounding area. However, I would stay here again and again. This place was always clean, the staff was so nice. Every time I would see a staff member they would greet you with a smile and answered any questions I had. The cost you just can't beat. I also got to save additional money by cooking breakfast in the kitchen. Our refrigerator wasn't cold and we went out and once we got back the fridge was replaced. Excellent, Excellent Stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, June 18, 2014

Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We are a small construction company that travels in the southeastern states. Value Place is one of the motel chains I look for, but this one was exceptional! Friendly and accommodating staff, clean rooms with kitchens, great extended stay prices. This was an overall great experience for our crews.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you found your guest room to be comfortable and affordable. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were traveling on a budget for spring break and a friend who is a local in Fort Walton Beach recommended the Value Place since they did not have enough room to accommodate our family staying with them. The price was extremely reasonable and the kitchen made it easy to have meals at the hotel as another way to stretch our budget. The room, halls and lobby were clean and the staff was very responsive and helpful. The location is very central and is only a 15 minute drive to the beach. The hotel is conveniently located on one of the main streets in Fort Walton Beach so it was easy to find our way around. There is a supermarket across the street and a pharmacy next door making it easy to pick up any last minute items we needed as we headed out each day. The other guests were a mix of families like ours and some couples as well as some military personnel. We felt safe and comfortable and with all the money we saved - we were able to get more bang for our buck at spring break. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for using a little of your time to post a review for us. We hope to see you again soon!
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

First off, let me be clear. This review is for the Value Place in Fort Walton Beach.
***THIS IS A 5 * REVIEW, AND I WILL EXPLAIN AS MUCH AS I CAN WHY THIS IS A 5 STAR REVIEW***
***THE MANAGEMENT JUST CHANGED THE BEGINNING OF MARCH 2014 and Dave the new manager is all about his business.

***IF UR IN MILITARY AND HAVE TO PAY OUT OF POCKET EXPENCES FOR PCS'n I DEFINITLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE..

I stayed there for 7 Days the third week of March 2014. The first thing that u will notice if you stay at VALUE PLACE in Ft Walton is that the entire room has brand new everything. If u are looking for best bang for your buck, this is your place. For this price This location is very convinent if your in the military pcsing or vacating for the beach or you just need a home temperarily. The location can seem a lil shaky but i did not have any issues with crime or drug users. Lots of times with Extended Stay hotels there is a problem with ppl living there permanently and they are drug users or prostitutes. im sure that there are some in the hotel, just like most hotels, but they dont define this one. the halways smelled clean my room was awsome for the price. i didnt have any issues while i was there. The main issue ppl might complain about is the main reason that this place is so cheap. They dont supply you with all the services other hotel provide. Well they do but its at a cost. PRETTY MUCH ITS LIKE A MINI APARTMENT. They start you off with everything but then you have to buy your own toilettries and other things needed to stay there. If u want full hotel treatment dont stay here, but dont pay these low prices then expect to recieve Marriot or Hyatt service. The rooms have full size kitchens and a nice amout of space. If you read a Bad review that is more than 3 months old. and you are second guessing your trip. i would goto the facility to see with my own eyes how nice this place is for your money. The only issue i have with this place is that they dont have adjacent rooms if your have a bigger family with children that you need to supervise, other than that i would recomment this place to anyone hands down.. FYI...I ONLY SEEN THE FIRST FLOOR SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO SEE THIS PLACE FOR YOUR SELF IF YOU BELIEVE ANY OF THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS

Room Tip: There are 4 floors and the top 2 are smoking floors. so make sure if u dont want a smoking floor you...