“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

While between apartments, I had to find temporary housing and Value Place was like a home away from home. Relaxing, very clean, quite, comforable and very convenient being on the corner of Eglin Parkway and Racetrack Road. I could get anywhere is just a few minutes.

Room Tip: I don't think it makes a difference which room or floor you pick, the hotel was just about full...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We drove 15 hours on a budget to visit family in the military and were exhausted. It seemed like a halfway house for displaced people but it was clean. Whoever stayed directly above us was up all night pacing the floors. I ended up complaiming the next day to the maintenence person whos available during the weekend and he said the maid lives.there with her husband and she denied any noise. Then it almost seemed intentional...no one was in the office to complain to so we put up with early morning stomps until Monday. I even called the 1800valueplace and was told someone would contact me, as of right now Ive not gotten a call. The manager Loretta basically told me it was a hotel and to deal with it as if I never stayed in a hotel before. The stomping continued at the worst hours and we were unable to get proper rest. They only offered a $122 refund which was not enough to help get a new hotel...they didnt.even offer us a new room. We left 2 days before our week was up and nothing was resolved. We were treated like we were idiots! I DO NOT recommend this place unless you want to sleep where the staff sleeps...poor customer service from top to bottom and I lost money and time with my family!!

• Stayed June 2013
norman,ok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

After spending a couple of nights there i can honestly say it was completely different. Pros cameras everywhere, good area, locals that are living there are mostly friendly. Location is pretty isolated as they share a parking lot with a cvs and a body shop at the back. But hey this is not a hotel it is really an apartment where you pay high prices if you even tear a bed sheet. No they don't clean, if you e\want new towels etc. you take the old ones to the lobby and get new ones and wash your own sheets. It is a really inexpensive place to stay and the bed was the hardest camping type mattress i've been forced to sleep on in 20 years. The old saying is you get what you pay for. The staff especially Gina and Dennis are nice but as they deal with a lot of displaced folks staying there to get away from abusive situations who are stressed and this is a low cost place to stay everyone who wrote a bad review needs to remember this is NOT a hotel it really is an apartment-homeless shelter . Does it work if you are in a pinch yes it is great for what it is but it is not a hotel, as in old tube televisions?

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better as any noise as in banging noises you will hear from above
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed their for a month . Paid for Internet but it stopped working after a week. Service is very bad, they never cleaned my room .Staff is not helpful at all. Complained about noise but it remained . I would not recommend this place to anyone. Stay out of this dirty hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

let me start first by saying this hotel/nightmare was the worst place i could have ever attended in my entire life.No wifi no room service and vagrant people haging in and around the astablishment all the time .The hotel personnell could have cared less and they payed no never mind.and also let me say the front desk personnell wasn't helpfull at any level you could speak upon ,i complained about nosie of some child or person running back and forth all freakin day and night but to no avail the problem still remained and in closing let me lastly say that i wouldn't reccommend this to my worst enemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback. Please know that all comments and concerns are shared with the manager and staff and when applicable used as an additional training tool. Thank you again.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

The staff here is nice and friendly. The hotel is clean and inexpensive. The only problem is the noise insulation if you have a loud neighbor. Keyed entry inside. It is worth what you pay. Good for people on a budget. The room is pretty basic, but does have a small kithenette with a two burner stove and a FULL size fridge. Plenty of cabinets also. Mostly out of town contractors, military, and budget travelers. I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Top floor! No footsteps above you!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Value Place Management
Spotsylvania, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

It was perfect for us and our lifestyle and budget!! It really made us feel safe and secure with their set-up. It was centrally located to everything we wanted to see and do and it was well within our "vacation budget". It made it easy to our vacation without the hassle of extra cost or expense of eating out too. We had our meals right in our room and never had to scramble around searching for a place to eat after a hectic day of sightseeing.
Thanks to Value Place for such a great place to stay!!!

Room Tip: book ahead, we did and were very pleased
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Value Place Guest,

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Value Place Management

Been to Value Place Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!