“THE WORST PLACE THAT YOU CAN EVER STAY” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Off First Week
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“THE WORST PLACE THAT YOU CAN EVER STAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

let me start first by saying this hotel/nightmare was the worst place i could have ever attended in my entire life.No wifi no room service and vagrant people haging in and around the astablishment all the time .The hotel personnell could have cared less and they payed no never mind.and also let me say the front desk personnell wasn't helpfull at any level you could speak upon ,i complained about nosie of some child or person running back and forth all freakin day and night but to no avail the problem still remained and in closing let me lastly say that i wouldn't reccommend this to my worst enemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback. Please know that all comments and concerns are shared with the manager and staff and when applicable used as an additional training tool. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

The staff here is nice and friendly. The hotel is clean and inexpensive. The only problem is the noise insulation if you have a loud neighbor. Keyed entry inside. It is worth what you pay. Good for people on a budget. The room is pretty basic, but does have a small kithenette with a two burner stove and a FULL size fridge. Plenty of cabinets also. Mostly out of town contractors, military, and budget travelers. I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Top floor! No footsteps above you!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Value Place Management
Spotsylvania, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

It was perfect for us and our lifestyle and budget!! It really made us feel safe and secure with their set-up. It was centrally located to everything we wanted to see and do and it was well within our "vacation budget". It made it easy to our vacation without the hassle of extra cost or expense of eating out too. We had our meals right in our room and never had to scramble around searching for a place to eat after a hectic day of sightseeing.
Thanks to Value Place for such a great place to stay!!!

Room Tip: book ahead, we did and were very pleased
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Value Place Guest,

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Value Place Management
Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

5 rooms including mine was running alive with bed bugs, couldn't find enough hotal so had to stay in this hole for a week with an 8 month and 9 year old i was in town for loss of family member that had been kill close to this hotel, baby sleep in her crip in bath room and granson in the tub, i bagged every thing the first night just after midnight when we pulled back the sheets and see the bugs, one member of staff came to the room and sprayed and took all lining and said there was a room that had been sprayed that we would move in the next morning i was happy by that then to be told the next morning by some at the desk that they weren't moving us and if i didn't like it i could get my money back and leave i had no choice had to stay i was told then to make sure everything was put in bags and put up that they would have someone come in and spray, well we left the hotel around 10 am and came back after 11 pm ya you guest it nothing had been done in the room headboards,lining, and mattress were as i left them, i have worked hotels and used to leave little traps to make sure my girls were doing there job and i had done this here before i left, so i called the guy on duty that night and he told me he had come in and sprayed lier.... so i strip beds load up kids and go shopping, bed lining, sprays, and bug bombs, the next morning went back to desk and they once again told me they would spray, what they didn't know was i had sprayed every day and that day i let the bomb off, ya once again you got it the bomb was right where i left it and the tape i put on the door was still in same place. well i have been calling now for 4 weeks and corprate send on to the area magager will not call me, so now i have to get a lawyer gonna notifiy the air base as they put troops in this nasty place, also gonna call health department. please if you check in this place pull mattresses of the bed and check before you get in the bed also lift head boards of they like to hide there to, and please do not take your clothes and bags back in to your home i washed every thing in hot or warm water before i brought it out of folt walton and back to arkansas.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Needing a place to stay for daughter's wedding and vacation , this was the perfect place to stay. Clean, quiet, comfortable, and very reasonably priced. would we stay here again? You bet your boots! We will look for other Value Places if we need an extended stay place for other trips. Highly recommend this chain for EVERYONE!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

This place is a joke! I should have known better than to stay here. What is the old saying, “You get what you pay for,” well is that ever true for this place. I was not expecting the Waldorf by any means, but I was actually expecting to get sleep while I was there! There is absolutely no insulation in the walls whatsoever! You can hear everything!! The person above me all week long would start moving around about 10pm and would not stop until well after 4am. It was so horrible and there was no one to complain to because the front desk closes at 6pm. The beds are also hard as a brick and they only give you two pillows. You have to do an inventory count of everything in your room after you check in and before you check out. It’s like you are in prison or something! It’s very unwelcoming. Also, you have to pay extra for cookware and a coffee maker! (Couldn’t they just put these things in the room and add them to the check list) I understand why they do this (too cut corners/say money), but it makes it really inconvenient for the guest. If you want to do laundry, you have to put money on a card. By the way it is $1.50 to wash and a $1.50 to dry, which isn’t bad, but the minimum you can put of the card is $5, so you do the math! You have to make a payment up front for the whole week, so make sure you take a look at a room before you pay!! (All Payments Are Nonrefundable, which they inform you after you have checked-in. I feel like the only good thing this place has going for it is its location. Hope this helps, thanks for reading!! =)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

We stayed here for a week over Memorial Weekend. Overall it was a good experience. The hotel was full and I never felt unsafe or that there were any unsavory people staying there. Mostly I saw families and tradesmen (subcontractors) in the parking lots and halls and everyone seemed to be pretty respectful and quiet. I never saw any partiers or anyone being loud. The employees are friendly and helpful and seemed to be very consciensious to help out in whatever way they can and to keep things running smoothly.

If it wasn't for the very thin, hard mattress and poor noise insulation I would have given it 5 stars because it is a good value for the price, especially if you don't plan to spend a lot of time in your room like we did. If you are a light sleeper, I would highly recommend bringing an egg crate or some other kind of mattress overlay and maybe even some ear plugs.

Another caviat is that you can really hear footsteps from the floor above you and in the halls. I was actually surprised that it wasn't louder considering it was a holiday weekend and it was fully occupied. Our room was very clean and had everything that we needed and we didn't miss having maid service.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Value Place Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!