“Very Content.” 4 of 5 stars

1330 Miracle Strip Parkway, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
“Very Content.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in unit 105. It was a perfect landing pad for a great week on the beach. My wife and I along with our 3 teenage children enjoyed our stay.
The kids fished off the dock most every night. They caught several nice fish and saw tons of other sea life.
The unit was sufficient for our needs for a great price. Not high end or exquisite but practical and usable.
Across the street from the beach and just a few minutes from action-packed Destin.
Highly recommend pizza at McGuires and Mexican at Pepitos.
We had some wifi issues but the owner Rick, went above and beyond to get it resolved as quickly as possible.
We would stay again in a heartbeat!
Tim
Flint, MI

• Stayed August 2014

Solo
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

If I could rate 0 for this condo I would. I see there may be "some" good reviews on here, but please don't take those in considerations as our family just had the WORST experience in history there. We stayed at the Hermitage condos for 1 week, and you DO NOT get what you paid for. I guess we could compare due to the fact that we have stayed at other condos like SeaCrest the past 7 years in the same area. We only tried this new condo because we wanted to stay together with our other family who already booked here.

First off, the owner Rick Saunders is an unprofessional, lying, harassing person! After we checked out half a day early he called us on our drive back home asking us, "What did you do to my condos? It smell like urine in here!" Excuse me!! His condos smell like urine and sewer to begin with. It is so nasty in there. When you use the RR, the toilet will make sounds and leaks, and the pull out couch you don't even want me to get into. When you pull it out, there is a big hole/dent in the matress and there are stains all over (female's stains). It's disgusting. So we couldn't sleep on there. When I slept on the couch at night a CATERPILLAR crawled on my pillow!!!! There are bugs everywhere and these two men came in sprayed bugs stuff when we had 2 children living with us.They are only 3 and 4 years old. Its so disgusting and dangerous. And when we told the owner, he said it's just caterpillars.

The place smell like sewer, so please don't kill youeself there. You don't get what you pay for. Pay a few more bucks and stay at other condos. They are clean, good customer service, and worth your hard earned money.
***NO ELEVATOR AVAILABLE***
The owner would keep calling us making harassing calls. He sent us an email stating he will charge $185 extra for "STOLEN ITEMS"... he was missing "more than 10 towels". There were not even 10 towels available to us to begin with. We didn't even use all of them because they were so dirty and smelled. The ones we did use, we washed and holded it respectfully. Most of the time we used our OWN towels and why would we want some cheap, smelly, dirty towels to bring home??? He called, and called, and harassed us... and the accusations!!! After a vacation you're supposed to feel relaxed, but after staying at this condos we're more stressed than before we left. It's the worst experience, and I do not want any other couples, or families wasting their money here at this condos and ruin their vacation! Please guys, do not get yourself into the same situation!!! Don't waste your money, time, and energy to deal with this scam owner!! He will be nice to you before you book, and once you're in you're done. Be careful, and book at SeaCrest or other neighbor condos instead.

We didn't want to complain while we were there because we didn't want to waste our vacation time complaining and worry about it, but who knew at the end it would stab us in the back. Unbelievable!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Many of the units at Hermitage by the bay are rented and managed by Rick Saunders the president of the HA. During my stay in both units there were no drinking cups and just a couple of plates to eat from. My family and I had to go buy our own plates and cups after paying thousands of dollars to stay in the units. I notified the property manager of the missing cups and told him I had to pay for my own eating utensils, A month later after receiving my credit card bill. Rick sauder's charged my credit card $82.50 as if I took the items. This rental experience was a setup and unethical.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lebanon, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was by far the worst condo we have ever stayed in. This unit is in desperate need of repair and updating. We were not aware the owner is in foreclosure until the property manager told us when we went to him with our complaints. The unit had a terrible musty/mold smell that triggered several asthma attacks in one of the people traveling with us. Her asthma was fine unless she was in the unit. We were told by the manager that the smell was "normal" for the area. One of the kitchen chairs kept falling apart, the front bottom of the couch falls off, the towel racks in one of the bathroom fall off the wall, we found old liquor bottles in the drawers, it was very dirty (hair and dirt all in the bathroom). The mattresses were so bad that sleeping on the floor would be a better option! The sheets and towels are all old. All of the vents in the condo are covered in dust/dirt. We also felt the tingling sensation by the lights in the pool and at one point one of the lights was out of the wall in the pool. It was reported by another guest and I noticed they put the light back in, but the sensation continued. We avoided the pool after that. We notified the owner our first day there of all of the issues. He said he was unaware of any issues and had been sick from a scorpion sting and referred us to the property manager. The property manager told us that he would gladly put a screw in the top of the chair, but other than that his job was outside and it was up to the owner to take care of the inside. He proceeded to tell us that this owner was in foreclosure and did not want to spend money on the unit. We were stuck there for 4 more days, not having the money to move to another condo and this owner not offering a refund or a move to a better unit. Once we left, I emailed the owner again, explaining how displeased we were with our unit and the fact that he did not try to do anything to fix the issues. He basically called me a liar, said that the property manager denied telling us any of that, and said that the condo is fine. He has refused any type of refund and told me he could put me on the "no future rental" list. We go to this area yearly. We actually stayed in another unit at this complex last year and had a nice stay, but we will never rent from Rick Saunders again. He clearly does not have the money to keep his units in good condition.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We just spent the last several days at the Hermitage condos. We loved our stay there. It had all the comforts of home: fully equiped kitchen, laundry, living, dining areas, two full baths and a balcony with a wonderful view of the pier. My husband thoroughly enjoyed fishing off the pier and spent every morning and every night till 2-3 am fishing. He caught approximately 15-20 fish (lady fish, blue, and a small shark). Our kids went out with a casting net each night and caught big blue crabs. The pool area was very nice with reclining chairs. The entire area was very nicely landscaped. We enjoyed relaxing on the swings watching the boats come into the bay. Each time we went to the beach we drove across the road to a public beach access whereas it would have been a fairly long walk especially with 4 kids. But the public access was very nice with showers and bathrooms, and wasn't as populated as parts of the beach with hotels.
Recommendations:may need to bring extra trash bags, Landry detergent, toilet paper and possibly dish washing capsules/liquid. There's a strange stinging sensation felt around the lights inside the pool...not sure why but we all felt it. Overall...we all really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone! Making our reservations was really easy, all the info was sent by email with very clear directions for entering/leaving condo, etc. We only had one vehicle so our assigned parking area was no problem at all. Overall we had a very enjoyable trip. There's many excellent restaurants close by and of course the beach was BEAUTIFUL!

• Stayed July 2012
alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

I went with a group of friends to Fort Walton Beach and we had a wonderful trip. The Hermitage Condos are completely equipped with all the comforts of home and beautifully decorated! Our trip would have been perfect if we had been able to locate someone to issue parking passes before being threatened with tow away fees. While there is an office on site no one was available and the sign on the door said the manager was on the property never to be found. Other than the parking issues our trip was fantastic! There is no shortage of fun and sun and the beaches are gorgeous!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hermitage by the Bay? Share your experiences!