We just returned from a week at the Waterscape in Ft. Walton Beach Fl. This is the ultimate vacation spot if you are looking for beach and pool fun for the family . Our party consisted of four adults and one grandchild . We chose this place for the grandchild to enjoy, and let me tell you , he really enjoyed it to the fullest.The staff was friendly and willing to help with anything you needed . This includes the pool grounds keepers and maintenance staff as well.
If you don't like kids don't go here. I can't add much to the other post . There's only so much room for praise. We waited for IKE to come and go . Thank goodness he passed us up . We enjoyed a couple of good days on the white sand and in the clear calm water before the huge waves started and closed the beach on Wed. Showers are very adequate for removing sand before returning to the pool area from the beach and everyone seemed to make use of them .
If you want a view of the surf and the pool area you must stay in the A or B buildings Approximately half way to the beach end and above the third level . The noise from the pool area will still drown out the sounds of the surf but this was not a serious problem for us. The room we had , B 608 ,was very lacking in counter space and had minimal storage space for your groceries . This could be greatly improved by installing a couple shelves in the laundry room . This would also provide a place to put your laundry detergent instead of on the floor . The room was still awesome.
Unloading our luggage and getting it to the room was a real challenge . The parking garage in the back was not high enough to accommodate our high top van (7'-2") so we had to unload in the area provided.We found this to be very unhandy because there was no level area to park the luggage cart and it took quite an effort to hold the cart while someone else loaded it. We got smarter when leaving and loaded the luggage in the outside parking lot. Don't know how this will work in the busy season.
Across the street is Fudpuckers and Old Bay Steamer . Two of our favs. See reviews for these.
- Also Known As:
- Waterscape Condominiums Hotel
- Waterscape Condominiums Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterscape Condominiums, professionally managed by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, are located on beautiful Okaloosa Island, which is infamous for its emerald green waters and white sandy beaches. Waterscape was constructed as a U-shaped property to house the "heartbeat" of the facility; the tropical oasis and pools. Waterscape has a two tiered pool deck separated by a 10 foot waterfall. The lower pool deck includes a large zero entry pool with spray toys and lily pads for the young at heart. The resort's lower pool deck features a long lazy river for you to float down on resort inner tubes. The upper deck houses a seasonally heated pool. There is a children's splash area on the upper pool deck that features toys for toddlers and a covered play area for maximum sun protection. There are two hot tubs located in the tropical oasis for your relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere, HotelsClick, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Waterscape Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.