I will write more next week when we actually return, but I didn't want to waste one more minute in case today might be the day you book this resort. If anyone is contemplating staying here I would encourage them not to. We have vacationed every year for over 15 years at many nice resorts in various areas, but this is the first one where I have seen the security guards and rules entirely over the top. I am not, and never have been, a rule breaker and I am one who understands the importance of rules. But, during the 3 days we have been here so far we have had towels confiscated, my husband was having a drink (NOT in any type of a glass container) while trying to relax in the hot tub which was told was not allowed, I tried to read on the pool deck this morning at 7:40 am (and was told I couldn't even sit there and read before 8:00 am), and the list honestly goes on. One morning we had our chairs on the beach ready for the day and the Waterscape hotel workers politely put their chairs and umbrellas from the resort right in front of us. And yes, I realize those are for people who have paid for chairs and an umbrella, but what does that mean for us who brought our chairs and umbrella? Does that make us any less important? I do not hold anything against the workers - I'm sure they are just doing their jobs, but the board of directors/management/whoever they are really needs to take a look at this. Vacations should be just that....vacations. Unfortunately we won't be back and it is a place I would not recommend for people to stay. We / friends / family have been to the Destin area numerous times and wanted to try Waterscape....I am sorry that we did. And what is strange...this is the most expensive beach condo we've ever stayed at and the most difficult to get along with. I read the reviews before I booked it and I thought....no, that can't be....they can't possibly be that strict so I went out on a limb and booked it. I just thought when I read those reviews....those people must have just been rule breakers in general. Well, now I see that they more than likely weren't....they were just feeling what we are feeling this week.
- Also Known As:
- Waterscape Condominiums Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Waterscape Condominiums Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterscape Condominiums are located on beautiful Okaloosa Island, which is infamous for its emerald green waters and white sandy beaches. Waterscape was constructed as a U-shaped property to house the “heartbeat” of the facility; the tropical oasis and pools. Waterscape has a two tiered pool deck separated by a 10 foot waterfall. The lower pool deck includes a large zero entry pool with spray toys and lily pads for the young at heart. The resort’s lower pool deck features a long lazy river for you to float down on resort inner tubes. The upper deck houses a seasonally heated pool. There is a children’s splash area on the upper pool deck that features toys for toddlers and a covered play area for maximum sun protection. There are two hot tubs located in the tropical oasis for your relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Waterscape Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.