We visited Waterscape as our first visit, and really loved the place. We booked through Resort Quest and stayed for a week in a 1 bedroom condo. The Resort Quest staff was really great, especially Keri who took time to answer all of our questions for us. Upon entering the lobby and the resort in general, it is kept very clean with well manicured landscaping. I saw many workers tending to the care of the facility during our stay.
We entered our condo on the 6th floor and were very happy with it! The furniture and decor were very up to date and everything was clean. Our girls loved staying in the bunk beds; however, they were in a precarious spot. They were right by the AC unit that kicked on and off all night and close to the washer and dryer that we had running. There was also a fire sprinkler right above which you had to be careful not to knock your head on when entering the top bunk, so we warned our daughters. Our unit had 2 bathrooms which came in handy and a very large balcony which we spent a lot of time on for lunch and sipping coffee in the morning. The condo overlooked the pool with glimpses of the gulf. It was a great unit overall!
The pool deck was very well planned. It had so many options for so many different ages. It included a little kids play area, a splash pad, two large pools (one of which was zero entry), two hot tubs, and a lazy river. The pool deck also had many gas grills that were available to use. There was a fitness area close to the pools that looked very nice. I read in previous reviews that other guests complained of the workers enforcing the rules around the pool area, but I have to say that the worker that reminded us about a rule we were breaking was very nice about it. All the staff was very pleasant that we came in contact with.
There was also a kids entertainment crew that would do a lot of activities for kids. We didn't have a chance to do most of them, but we did partake in the snow cones and the dive-in movie!
The resort offers free DVD rental which was nice. Many of the movies we wanted to see were checked out though and never available during our stay; however, we were flexible and watched other movies. We were just thankful for the free rental abilities.
The beach was beautiful with the softest sand we have ever seen. It was like walking in powdered sugar. The water had a unique three rows of colors (emerald, teal, and dark blue) which was beautiful. Unfortunately during the week we were there, there was some June grass coming it. It did not hinder us from going in the water, but was somewhat gross when it stuck to your swimsuits. I know it is just nature and it cannot be helped, but it slightly lessoned our opinion of the beach overall. Still great though!
We found that there were many things to do around the area. We went to the Gulfarium, the Boardwalk, the Village of Baytowne Wharf, and Harborside Village which were all fun areas. The BEST activity we did was the Buccaneer Pirate Cruise! Our kids had so much fun on it and it leaves from Harborside Village in Destin. Great family adventure. There were many great food places in the area too. We ate at Fudpuckers, Dewey's Seafood (Destin), and the Crazy Lobster (Destin). We ate our breakfasts and lunches in the room with the nice full kitchen.
Overall, Waterscape is definitely a resort our family would love to come back to with many great things to do in the resort and a lot of great attractions outside of it as well!
- Also Known As:
- Waterscape Condominiums Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Waterscape Condominiums Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterscape Condominiums are located on beautiful Okaloosa Island, which is infamous for its emerald green waters and white sandy beaches. Waterscape was constructed as a U-shaped property to house the “heartbeat” of the facility; the tropical oasis and pools. Waterscape has a two tiered pool deck separated by a 10 foot waterfall. The lower pool deck includes a large zero entry pool with spray toys and lily pads for the young at heart. The resort’s lower pool deck features a long lazy river for you to float down on resort inner tubes. The upper deck houses a seasonally heated pool. There is a children’s splash area on the upper pool deck that features toys for toddlers and a covered play area for maximum sun protection. There are two hot tubs located in the tropical oasis for your relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Waterscape Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.