“Waterscape late May 2012” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waterscape Condominiums

You added Waterscape Condominiums to your Saves list
Waterscape Condominiums
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1110 Santa Rosa Blvd, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Cincy
“Waterscape late May 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We loved our stay at Waterscape. Perfect for kids up to 12 years of age. The pools were all very nice the beach service was a big plus. The property was very well maintained. The beach was beautiful. The condo had everything you could need. Security was all over the place (good since they keep it safe). Make sure to wear your wristbands and you will be fine. They could be a bit pushy, but we mostly stayed clear. They could have been more friendly. I think if they were more friendly more people would have had positive reactions to them. Surprisingly, the older men were more friendly than the older women. I understand they have to sticky to the rules or some people will feel they weren't treated fairly, but you can stick to the rules and be friendly. I got a 5 minute lecture on leaving our towels at the pool when we were going to the beach for 20 minutes.

We will definately come back to Waterscape and will stay in A530 off vrbo.com again! Beautiful unit that I recommend.

Tip: We put ours wristbands on our ankles which seemed more comfortable for our 5 year old son.

Room Tip: Check out our unit A530 from vrbo.com. Managed by a company that is local to Ft Walton Beach.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Just rented a room with king bed and 2 bunk beds for kids at this condo complex. First the good, pool was very nice and large and excellent for kids. Also access to the beach was very convienent and free beach chairs were a bonus. Now the bad, the poolside grill is not set up to do a room charge so you have to carry cash or credit with you to the pool. Next the unit we stayed in a322 smelled bad and the carpets were significantly stained up. The master bed was also very old and hard and creaked very loud every time you shifted in bed causing us to have many sleepless nights. We will probably investigate another location on the next trip considering the money we spent at 400 a night.

• Stayed June 2012
Tishomingo, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed in unit B326, 1 Br condo. It was a nice place, my boys ages 2 and 5 loved the beach and pool area. It was not overly crowded although I have a feeling it can get that way by June/July. The pools and kids area were great as was the beach. Manuevering about the grounds was easy even with 2 little ones. The condo itself was nice, nothing too fancy but definitely sufficient. The food offered at the pool was limited but the cheapest price I have ever seen at a resort: hotdogs $2.25, pb&j $2.25, etc. The hotel was easy to get to because it was just off the main road, we drove to Destin 3 different times. Traffic was not bad and only took 10-15 minutes each time. Dewey's Destin was crowded but worth the wait. Seablaster dolphin cruise was fun and if you mention seeing it in the hotel book, you get half off one adult. We bought key lime pie at the Donut Hole, very good. Pizza in Ft. Walton Beach at Fokker's Pub, very good pizza and wings. Also ate at Brooks Bridge BBQ: fried green tomatoes and pulled pork sandwich were delicious. Cheeseburger in Paradise by the outlet mall was not good. Destin is much more crowded and expensive than Ft. Walton Beach. If you've been to Hawaiian Islands then Destin would be crowded like Waikiki while Ft. Walton Beach may be more like Maui. However, don't go to any of these places expecting a Hawaii, Caribbean or Mexico "tropical" type vacation. The area is fun, water and beach are quite nice but this is not a tropical place IMO. The surrounding areas outside the resorts are not lush, beautiful, green, flowers and flower aromas, palm trees, etc. Actually, again IMO, Florida outside of the beach is not that appealing to the eye. All that being said, I love my Hawaii but this trip cost me significantly less in a year that I needed to scale down the cost of my summer vacation. I paid $800 total for 4 nights which was an incredible deal. We flew into Pensacola because air was less and rental cars were less as well. One of the highlights was the naval aviation museum in Pensacola. We all loved it and we are not museum people.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Taylorsville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family just returned from a week at Waterscape. This was our fourth time staying at this complex. This year was a much more less pleasant experience. The pool security officers are overbearing and really know how to over step their boundaries! They try to intimidate all the guest by constantly asking to see their wristbands and causing trouble when you toss a pool football with your kids!!! They bully people until you get fed up and give it right back to them. I went down one morning to read a book by the pool and have coffee. The lady(well at least I think she is a woman???) would not allow me to put my towel on a chair until 8:00.....i was there at 7:57 she made me stand there for 3 minutes before i was allowed to put my towel in the chair. That iron-on patch on their shirts give them a huge boost of confidence. My family will not return here again....a vacation is meant to be relaxing!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tell City, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We just returned from Waterscape and our entire family really had a wonderful time! We stayed in unit A426. Our 5 children range in age from 15 years to 6 months old and the pool complex kept everyone very happy. The beach is very beautiful and clean. The first few days we were there the "pool cops" were not so friendly..to say the least. As one passed us by, my husband said hello...instead of returning the greeting, he was met with, "and where is your wristband?" My husband pointed out the "wrist" band was around his ankle, as the front desk clerk suggested we place them. I dont know if Waterscape was bombbarded with complaints about the rude pool cops (because I have read many complaints here on Trip Advisor) but over the next few days, the guys became more friendly (except one who was just a punk) and would smile or wave on their rounds.
Our condo was clean and tidy. It was pretty well stocked for making meals in the room...just bring your own salt and pepper and toilet paper! A few "bummers" about Waterscape:
1. Our condo slept 6. I think if the condo sleeps 6, it should also provide seating for as many...the living room only sat 4, so we were pulling up dinning room chairs or sitting on the floor.
2. The pull out sofa bed, and the sofa itself had seen way better days. It needs to be replaced ASAP!
3. The beach service provided by Waterscape is a joke! Queing up at 7 am to get a front row chair is ridiculous! Some days they herded you to your seat at 8:30am, some days it was 9:15am. Do yourself a favor...walk over to Alvin's and buy 2 cheapo beach chairs and a umbrella and set it up yourself. As long as you aren't in the way of the Waterscape rows of chairs you can set it up anywhere. This is the best $35 I spent the entire trip!
In all, Waterscape was awesome and we will most definitely return!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We had the ocean front condo for a week a few months ago and it was a blast. The place felt like a friends house and was very nice. Waking up to that view is easy to get used to. This place has one of the coolest pool areas for all ages. They had the tiki hut going with drinks and food right by the pool. The desk let me know about a bomb pizza place called Helen Back and I went there every night. Wish I could go back this summer!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
New Orleans
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We rented a 3 bdrm for mothers day weekend and what could have been a GREAT time was just a good time. The Hawaii 5-0/Dragnet/Chips of the pool world really got to us. Its one thing to do your job, its another to do it as to disrupt family fun. I'm speaking of the security staff.I was totally ragged all weekend about my green wrist band I finally tied one to my crotch. I witnessed them harassing people for no other reason but because they could. NO KIDDIE POOL TOYS IN THE KIDDIE POOL ALLOWED!! And don't have a beverage of any kind within 4 feet of any pool. Lord forbid you spill half a drink in a pool that has been pee'd in all day long by the kids. And Badgey (the young gun super pool cop with the big fake gold badge on his belt) will literally follow you and stalk you. Nice place, if you don't mind nosy pool cops and loud blowers and weed wackers starting at 0700. No one asks if you are having fun or needing anything, but will let you know QUICK if you left your towel on the ground. If you don't mind your space being consistently violated, you'll love it. Otherwise I suggest you find a more forgiving alternative. More attention is given to the possibility of a beer in the pool than it is to yours and your loved ones safety. Yep, In your face pool cops from an out sourced company ($$$$), yet no lifeguards on payroll . We won't be back for our annual Mothers Day Celebration.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Waterscape Condominiums? Share your experiences!