“Pool Security” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Waterscape Condominiums

You added Waterscape Condominiums to your Saves list
Waterscape Condominiums
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1110 Santa Rosa Blvd, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Taylorsville, Georgia
“Pool Security”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family just returned from a week at Waterscape. This was our fourth time staying at this complex. This year was a much more less pleasant experience. The pool security officers are overbearing and really know how to over step their boundaries! They try to intimidate all the guest by constantly asking to see their wristbands and causing trouble when you toss a pool football with your kids!!! They bully people until you get fed up and give it right back to them. I went down one morning to read a book by the pool and have coffee. The lady(well at least I think she is a woman???) would not allow me to put my towel on a chair until 8:00.....i was there at 7:57 she made me stand there for 3 minutes before i was allowed to put my towel in the chair. That iron-on patch on their shirts give them a huge boost of confidence. My family will not return here again....a vacation is meant to be relaxing!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Tell City, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We just returned from Waterscape and our entire family really had a wonderful time! We stayed in unit A426. Our 5 children range in age from 15 years to 6 months old and the pool complex kept everyone very happy. The beach is very beautiful and clean. The first few days we were there the "pool cops" were not so friendly..to say the least. As one passed us by, my husband said hello...instead of returning the greeting, he was met with, "and where is your wristband?" My husband pointed out the "wrist" band was around his ankle, as the front desk clerk suggested we place them. I dont know if Waterscape was bombbarded with complaints about the rude pool cops (because I have read many complaints here on Trip Advisor) but over the next few days, the guys became more friendly (except one who was just a punk) and would smile or wave on their rounds.
Our condo was clean and tidy. It was pretty well stocked for making meals in the room...just bring your own salt and pepper and toilet paper! A few "bummers" about Waterscape:
1. Our condo slept 6. I think if the condo sleeps 6, it should also provide seating for as many...the living room only sat 4, so we were pulling up dinning room chairs or sitting on the floor.
2. The pull out sofa bed, and the sofa itself had seen way better days. It needs to be replaced ASAP!
3. The beach service provided by Waterscape is a joke! Queing up at 7 am to get a front row chair is ridiculous! Some days they herded you to your seat at 8:30am, some days it was 9:15am. Do yourself a favor...walk over to Alvin's and buy 2 cheapo beach chairs and a umbrella and set it up yourself. As long as you aren't in the way of the Waterscape rows of chairs you can set it up anywhere. This is the best $35 I spent the entire trip!
In all, Waterscape was awesome and we will most definitely return!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We had the ocean front condo for a week a few months ago and it was a blast. The place felt like a friends house and was very nice. Waking up to that view is easy to get used to. This place has one of the coolest pool areas for all ages. They had the tiki hut going with drinks and food right by the pool. The desk let me know about a bomb pizza place called Helen Back and I went there every night. Wish I could go back this summer!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
New Orleans
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We rented a 3 bdrm for mothers day weekend and what could have been a GREAT time was just a good time. The Hawaii 5-0/Dragnet/Chips of the pool world really got to us. Its one thing to do your job, its another to do it as to disrupt family fun. I'm speaking of the security staff.I was totally ragged all weekend about my green wrist band I finally tied one to my crotch. I witnessed them harassing people for no other reason but because they could. NO KIDDIE POOL TOYS IN THE KIDDIE POOL ALLOWED!! And don't have a beverage of any kind within 4 feet of any pool. Lord forbid you spill half a drink in a pool that has been pee'd in all day long by the kids. And Badgey (the young gun super pool cop with the big fake gold badge on his belt) will literally follow you and stalk you. Nice place, if you don't mind nosy pool cops and loud blowers and weed wackers starting at 0700. No one asks if you are having fun or needing anything, but will let you know QUICK if you left your towel on the ground. If you don't mind your space being consistently violated, you'll love it. Otherwise I suggest you find a more forgiving alternative. More attention is given to the possibility of a beer in the pool than it is to yours and your loved ones safety. Yep, In your face pool cops from an out sourced company ($$$$), yet no lifeguards on payroll . We won't be back for our annual Mothers Day Celebration.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Pickerington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I just returned from a trip to Waterscape Apr 28th to May 3rd. Booked room C204 through a vacation rental company 3 months ago and got a rate comparable to like properties in the area. Had an issue entering the room codes. The rental company got back to me within 15 minutes on a Saturday, fixed the code and let me in early to the room as it was already prepared. The room was great! Everything was clean except the bunk bed covers and the floors. The covers looked like they weren't used for a while so they were not clean. We washed and cleaned them just in case our little one used them. The floors were not cleaned well, but I understand this because it probably gets a lot of dirty shoes and barefoot traffic from the grounds and the beach, so I can forgive this some. Kitchen was nice and well equipped but be prepared to get more paper towels and things of this sort. The Master bedroom was decent but the chest of drawers were kinda beat up. It has its own set of doors to the patio. The master bath was very nice. Huge shower and nice size garden tub, with two sinks and plenty of room. The second bedroom was decent but lacked the space of the master. I saw that some previous reviews had issues with the wi-fi, I had none, but be aware of putting in your access codes exactly as it is given to you, as it took a few tries before I got it right and got connected. The REAL reason we picked this resort was the grounds, and they did not disappoint! All of the areas were very clean and well kept. Security was tight in every area, which I loved. It keeps the people that don't belong in the resort OUT. I am a very forgiving guy but if you didn't pay to stay you don't get to use the facilities. The kids area has a splash area that at its deepest is one foot with lots of flowing water and a slide. It also has a shaded dry play area that kids can climb on plastic animals. Separated but next to this area is a small roundish pool. Next you go down a level to the exercise facility that was well equipped. In front of the exercise area is the large main pool with a water fall, lilly pads to climb across and a zero entry portion with large water elements that can be played with by anyone. Below that is a fairly large lazy river with free tubes and some more waterfalls and the like. All of the pools were great, any in every area were many gas grills which we used constantly. The beach was awesome. Those complaining about the chairs and umbrella have to remember that most places charge more for their use, but not this place. I never had one problem getting a set of chairs every day I went to the beach. The area to wash off all of the sand was large and in a good spot.

A few minor cons:
-If you book with an outside rental company or the owner, do not use the front desk, they are useless. Call the people you booked with to help you.
-They start cleaning the grounds a bit early, but it's only a nuisance if you stay in your room all morning!
-There was some items left under the middle of the master bed that we found when we were packing to leave. The cleaning crew seriously does leave something to be desired.

Overall we are thinking of returning next year, which is rare because we usually like to try something different each time we go somewhere but we were really impressed! You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: We chose a ground floor unit because of our toddler. All of the ground floor units open to a grassy...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Salem, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

A nice place. Clean, private beach area, plenty of pools, etc.
Pros: good location, well maintained, 1 BR w bunk worked great 4 the 5 of us.
Cons: only 1 pool was actually heated & WAY too much chlorine (!!) our suits bleached badly. Wifi did not work.

• Stayed April 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Grounds are great but be careful. On check in yesterday:no blankets,hairpin from previous guest stuck in bedspread,broken table leg,ac vent rattling(requiring stuffed tissue to stop it). My wife called to correct and was completely blown off. Only after I called and asked whether they were kidding regarding whether we could get blankets was any action taken. 7 AM is a bit too early for loud power blowers guys!

Room Tip: Check the unit closely on check in
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Waterscape Condominiums? Share your experiences!