“Loved it, except for the cockroaches” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waterscape Condominiums

You added Waterscape Condominiums to your Saves list
Waterscape Condominiums
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1110 Santa Rosa Blvd, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ft. Wayne, IN
“Loved it, except for the cockroaches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed in Unit C206 the week of Oct 17 and booked through ResortQuest. Our condo was a ground floor unit all the way in the back, in the corner. We loved the location since it was quiet, private and had a large grassy area for the younger kids to play on (ages 1.5, 3, and 9). Our front door opened into the parking garage area, so that was excellent for unloading/loading the car and bringing in groceries. We arrived early in Ft. Walton from a very long drive from Ohio and were able to check in an hour earlier than the time we were told. Our unit was clean and had all the ammenities we were expecting, including free wi-fi. The grounds were immaculate and beautiful. The walk to the beach isn't too far, don't see why others have complained about this. My toddlers managed just fine on their own two feet. The beach is clean and beautiful!! We had no problem getting chairs at all, but that may be because we were there in the off-season. I doubt the place was even 1/4 full, so there were always beach chairs and pool chairs available, but I could see how it might be a problem during busier times. Now for the not-so-good. I wouldn't normally mention things so petty, but for over $300 a night I'm going to. First and foremost (and this isn't petty) there were cockroaches in our condo! I killed at least 3-4 a day. I don't think this is the case in most of the units, but I have read 1-2 other reviews mentioning this. Gross!!!! Made me sleep with one eye open. And as far as the beds go, they could've been a bit more comfy with better bedspreads. The Hampton has nicer bedding than our condo did. Our TP holder in one bathroom kept falling off the wall, there were footprints on the wall from previous guests, our fire alarm went off for no reason in the middle of the night once, there's no privacy what-so-ever for the kids in the bunks. I would suggest hanging up a cheap shower curtain rod and curtain. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. I would recommend staying here if you have young kids (under 12), not for a romantic getaway. Otherwise, I'd probably head down the road and stay in Destin which is closer to more restaurants and nightlife.

Room Tip: Ground floor units are a bonus for kids to play outdoors off the patios. Makes it easier to take fo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Powder Springs, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011 via mobile

This is an oceanfront condo with great pools, a variety of splash zones for all ages, and lazy river. This is an A+ for families. The rooms are a little smaller than your average ocenfront condo in Destin/Ft. Walton, but not too small. I also found the price very reasonable for beach front condos with these ammenities.

Our reservations came with two complimentary beach chairs with umbrellas and free dvd rentals. Both execellent add-ons for the family- especially when it rains while you are there!

Pool area also has many places to grill out and had a lot of space so everyone is not crammed in around the same pool. Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2011
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I'm very glad we listened to friend who have gone & just got back from there! I've heard others complain about crowds & not being able to find a chair... Just go in September, it really was perfect (and the rates drop after Labor Day). We stayed on a ground floor condo which was great for kids & walking. We could just walk right out to the pool. Free things: movie rentals, kayaking on the ocean, chairs & umbrellas, & local/long distance calling from your room. I had alot planned on what we were going to do, but, we ended up just spending time at Waterscape. We really didn't have to leave when there was enough to do there. My kids loved the Lazy River & the short walk from there to the beautiful beach. They have grills around the pool area, which are routinely cleaned through-out the day.
The only cons i had for the condo we stayed in was: no S &P in the kitchen, hot pads, & only 1 roll of tp per bathroom.
Other than that, this was a beautiful place where we felt was a little piece of heaven!

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor room & would do it again. Convenient access to the pools, beach, &am...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very nice condo with great pools and wonderful staff. Loved the early checkin - totally worth the fee. The pool closes kinda early - they kick everyone out at 10 pm sharp... But overall Very happy with everything except the beach.
We have been to Destin 5 times (but never ft walton beach) Waterscape Beach had horrible june grass and sea squids (5 out of the 7 days) so bad you couldnt get in the water. I talked to the beach staff and they said this is a common problem due to the sand bar location...Next time I'll go back across the bridge to destin because of the beach. But if you don't like to swim in the ocean this is the place for you.
AND THE KIDS ACTIVITES ARE ONLY FOR A FEW WEEKS IN PEAK SUMMER - we went in August before school started up and there were no activies for the kids.

Room Tip: Ocean front is not worth it unless your on a high floor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Stayed in unit 304 (2 bed/2 bunks/2.5 bath) over Labor day weekend--tropical storm Lee! Awesome view of ocean and pool! Bedding needs an overhaul in double room--bed skirt was ripped and bedding worn. Master bedroom would be better with a king bed. It said queen but felt more like a double. Nice size bathrooms in both bedrooms. Bunk beds were pretty comfortable but we found children's toys (not ours) and broken sunglasses in the upper bunk--housekeeping did you even change the sheets?!?! Also the couch makes into a bed as well and when we pulled that out there was food all over the sheets--housekeeping did you even change the sheets?!?!? Perhaps bagging the sheets and storing them in a closet would be better than leaving bed made. There was quite a bit of dust and some hair in the master bathroom as well. Overall, we loved the unit location but did not enjoy the housekeeping issues mentioned above! Checking out at 10 AM and check in between 3-5PM should give plenty of time to do a better job on clean up! Resort Quest was very helpful in booking the unit and describing the layout and amenities of the resort. I would definitely use them again! Go across the street to Old Bay Steamer for a great seafood dinner!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I was very happy with the facility's outdoor attractions. We have a toddler, so we found the outdoor kiddie pool and playground a big hit. Since our little man didn't want to stay at the beach very long, it was great to have the best of both world's at the condo. For the price, I was VERY disappointed in the uncomfortable bed. The matress reminded me of a $150.00 matress I purchased in college for the spare bedroom. It was bad. The bedding was something you'd find in a Motel 6. Cheap. The fixtures were so cheap, when I turned on the water, the handle would fall off. I had to screw the handle back on several times. I'm not sure why these corners were cut, for the price I expect better. For these reasons, I have to give it 3 stars. If I reviewed only the outdoor area, it would be 5 stars. I was also disappointed in the instructions we received. I had to study the map and noticed a icon for trash chute. No maid service, etc.

Room Tip: The Gulf view is worth the extra price in my opinion.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I visited Waterscape for the first time and had a great overall experience. Three girlfriends and I rented a 2br/2.5ba condo and were very pleased with it. The condo itself was immaculate and faced towards the outside of the building with an open view of the beach, water, pier, and The Swamp. Although we arrived late, we had no problem checking in via the after-hours drop box. We did have to visit the office in the morning to complete the check-in process, but the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The grounds are meticulously maintained and there are tons of water and other kid-friendly activities to explore. The pool snack bar is really convenient and moderately priced. Fair warning about Waterscape - be prepared to walk. The property is very long and narrow making trips from the parking garage to the condo to the beach feel long - especially if you're carrying a cooler, toys, towels, etc.

Room Tip: Room 503A was great. Cheaper b/c of exterior view (still fab), few rooms back from beach, close to e...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Waterscape Condominiums? Share your experiences!