“Beautiful Pools - Nice Condo - Bad JUNE GRASS & Sea Squids” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Waterscape Condominiums

Save Saved
You added Waterscape Condominiums to your Saves list
Waterscape Condominiums
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1110 Santa Rosa Blvd, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Beautiful Pools - Nice Condo - Bad JUNE GRASS & Sea Squids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very nice condo with great pools and wonderful staff. Loved the early checkin - totally worth the fee. The pool closes kinda early - they kick everyone out at 10 pm sharp... But overall Very happy with everything except the beach.
We have been to Destin 5 times (but never ft walton beach) Waterscape Beach had horrible june grass and sea squids (5 out of the 7 days) so bad you couldnt get in the water. I talked to the beach staff and they said this is a common problem due to the sand bar location...Next time I'll go back across the bridge to destin because of the beach. But if you don't like to swim in the ocean this is the place for you.
AND THE KIDS ACTIVITES ARE ONLY FOR A FEW WEEKS IN PEAK SUMMER - we went in August before school started up and there were no activies for the kids.

Room Tip: Ocean front is not worth it unless your on a high floor

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Stayed in unit 304 (2 bed/2 bunks/2.5 bath) over Labor day weekend--tropical storm Lee! Awesome view of ocean and pool! Bedding needs an overhaul in double room--bed skirt was ripped and bedding worn. Master bedroom would be better with a king bed. It said queen but felt more like a double. Nice size bathrooms in both bedrooms. Bunk beds were pretty comfortable but we found children's toys (not ours) and broken sunglasses in the upper bunk--housekeeping did you even change the sheets?!?! Also the couch makes into a bed as well and when we pulled that out there was food all over the sheets--housekeeping did you even change the sheets?!?!? Perhaps bagging the sheets and storing them in a closet would be better than leaving bed made. There was quite a bit of dust and some hair in the master bathroom as well. Overall, we loved the unit location but did not enjoy the housekeeping issues mentioned above! Checking out at 10 AM and check in between 3-5PM should give plenty of time to do a better job on clean up! Resort Quest was very helpful in booking the unit and describing the layout and amenities of the resort. I would definitely use them again! Go across the street to Old Bay Steamer for a great seafood dinner!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I was very happy with the facility's outdoor attractions. We have a toddler, so we found the outdoor kiddie pool and playground a big hit. Since our little man didn't want to stay at the beach very long, it was great to have the best of both world's at the condo. For the price, I was VERY disappointed in the uncomfortable bed. The matress reminded me of a $150.00 matress I purchased in college for the spare bedroom. It was bad. The bedding was something you'd find in a Motel 6. Cheap. The fixtures were so cheap, when I turned on the water, the handle would fall off. I had to screw the handle back on several times. I'm not sure why these corners were cut, for the price I expect better. For these reasons, I have to give it 3 stars. If I reviewed only the outdoor area, it would be 5 stars. I was also disappointed in the instructions we received. I had to study the map and noticed a icon for trash chute. No maid service, etc.

Room Tip: The Gulf view is worth the extra price in my opinion.
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I visited Waterscape for the first time and had a great overall experience. Three girlfriends and I rented a 2br/2.5ba condo and were very pleased with it. The condo itself was immaculate and faced towards the outside of the building with an open view of the beach, water, pier, and The Swamp. Although we arrived late, we had no problem checking in via the after-hours drop box. We did have to visit the office in the morning to complete the check-in process, but the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The grounds are meticulously maintained and there are tons of water and other kid-friendly activities to explore. The pool snack bar is really convenient and moderately priced. Fair warning about Waterscape - be prepared to walk. The property is very long and narrow making trips from the parking garage to the condo to the beach feel long - especially if you're carrying a cooler, toys, towels, etc.

Room Tip: Room 503A was great. Cheaper b/c of exterior view (still fab), few rooms back from beach, close to e...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
River Ridge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We arrived around 3:30 p.m. ready to check in. More than an hour later of sitting in the lobby trying to keep our tired four year old entertained our condo was finally ready. Staff at the front desk were definitely not concerned with our plight AT ALL. We thought the late check-in was pretty ridiculous...especially with check-OUT time firmy fixed at 10:00 a.m! You would think they could get the condos ready for incoming guests a bit sooner. In our case they had over six and a half hours turn around time. To me it says they don't have enough housekeepers on staff and guest services are not a priority. Definitely not a good first impression. That said the condo was relatively new (similar to others we have rented in the area in years past) and the pools were VERY nice. Lazy river was the perfect temperature though even in mid August the other pool was on the cool side. We would consider returning but the late check-in is definitely a negative . Also, bring plenty of toilet paper. Your unit may only have half a roll in each bathroom.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We had an amazing time at Waterscape! We were all a little nervous after reading reviews from the week before our vacation about how crowded the place was but I never found it to be "over crowded" during our stay! We stayed in room A102 and the location is the best! From the patio the entrance to the pool and the beach are just a few steps away! Every day we came up from the beach we left all of our boogy boards, buckets, shovels, etc. on the patio and never once had to worry if it would be there in the morning! My daughter left her net at the showers one day at 5 and we didn't realize it until around 9:30 and it was still there! We went to the beach daily and there was always a spot without using the beach service. One of the things I think my daughter (age 6) and I enjoyed most was crab hunting at night! We just got home a few days ago and I can't wait to go visit again next year!!!

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed in room B307. We were most pleased with the accomodations in this room. Our only drawback was the place was too crowded. I am with all the other beach people. Standing in line at 7:15 to be escorted to a chair and told where you are to sit is a bit degrading. We had three rooms and when we went down the first day no problem getting our set of chairs. The next day the guy says we cannot have three in the front one has to be behind, after just giving a guy five in a row. Also the next day we came down and the five in a row did not have to come and stand in line to save their chairs. I guess their tip was a good one to the beach service. I found the beach service people to be very arrogant and would never want to deal with them again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Waterscape Condominiums? Share your experiences!