“Home Away From Home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waterscape Condominiums

Save Saved
You added Waterscape Condominiums to your Saves list
Waterscape Condominiums
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1110 Santa Rosa Blvd, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Kentucky
“Home Away From Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We just got back from the condo at Waterscape B 406, Ft Walton FL. Wow, it was great!!! Great location, Great furnishings, Very clean, Everything we needed. The beds were comfy. We had enough room for everyone (2 adults + 17-10-9 yr old boys). Great views from the extra large balcony of the pools & the ocean. We seen dolphins every morning (6am to 8am) playing in the surf. It was breath-taking.

We loved to watch the free movie rentals in the condo & going crab searching on the beach in front of the condo after the pools closed at 10pm. My boys were having such a great time, they NEVER wanted to sleep! They actually out-lasted me & my husband. (God help us.... wwwhooo) When the kids were tired of swimming & playing in the ocean, they wanted to just hang out in the condo & have some down time, can you believe that? They did not complain about anything of the condo. And believe me... that says a lot !!

We just loved unit B406. The location of the unit was just at the right height to have an unblocked ocean view. But still low enough that when the boys wanted to swim in the pool or lazy river, they had the freedom to go down to the pool on their own
(with their 17 year old brother of course) because we could see them from the balcony.

The condo is located directly over the lazy river, grills and tables. We also had a great view of the lily pads and water falls.

The balcony furniture was rod iron, very nice. The owners really took the high end for the decor. It is a very clean, well kept unit. It had huge glass showers as well as soaking tubs. The condo was also very quite because of the thick walls between each unit and the thick sliding doors. We could sleep late if we wanted.

We grilled out poolside 3 of 7 days of our stay. We just spent the whole day hanging out at the pool. I would get up early and claim a table with an umbrella. Everyday the kids would make new friends & my oldest son loved the poolside gym. The staff was very friendly, professional & safety 1st. They made sure everyone using the facilities were Waterscape guests. I liked that.
Fudpuckers was always poolside, grilling up good smelling & tasty food when we wanted to snack. It was just fabulous.

"Dive In Movie Nights" Tues. & Fri, poolside .... How cool was that? On Thurs. Karaoke poolside in the evening. It was very entertaining. We had a great view of everything from our balcony of all the events.

The chair service for the beach was so easy. We always had a front row spot. At times we could see dolphins playing in the surf close to beach. The boys loved to wave board surf & search for seashells.

We rented a pontoon boat & swam in the middle of the Bay. The water was so clear blue. We could see all the way to the bottom of the shallow parts. We did see sting rays, dolphins, cat fish, crabs. It was a great day on the Bay.

***Adventures to be had at every turn***
After a day of play...It was nice to come back to a nice clean and cool condo, to just relax.

We ate at the Crab Trap on the pier by the condo. Incredible food, Great views.
For breakfast..The Donut Hole is the place to go, friendly & home cookin.

Restaurants within walking distance from Waterscape are The Black Pearl, The Crab Trap, Old Bay Steamer, Fudpuckers, Waffle House and Pizza Hut will deliver to your condo or poolside.

The mom and pop shops are so cute and you can find great buys. A shopper's dream.
Waterscape was close to everything.

We give this condo A+++
The decor & wall colors were lovely & fabulously tasteful.

Thanks for the memorable vacation.

Room Tip: To get this unit... you must book it ahead of time

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
beattyville,kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

My family and I stayed for 5 nights in A614...it was wonderful. I can't say enough how clean this place was. I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness on vacation. I was well satisfied with all the resort. Fudpuckers shack on property was fine for snacking and drinks. Had movies and karoke at night. The first night we ate at Fudpuckers which is just across the street...it was really good but expensive. We can't wait to go back.....it was not so crowed that u couldn't make ur way around Destin!!!! Loved it!!!

Room Tip: I booked a room that was in between the beach and.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We went to Waterscape Resort in early June. This resort has everything you could ever need or want. Fantastic for families with small children. The unit we stayed in was B307. This unit has everything you could ever want - big flat panel TV's in every room - even the bunk room, HD Cable service, free WiFi and a PlayStation 3. The decor was gorgeous!!!! Plenty of room for all of us and a huge balcony with seating for 6.

Everything you could ever want or need is within walking distance or just 3 or 4 miles. Grocery, beverage, entertainment and dining all are convenient. There is really no need to leave the resort once you get there other than for groceries.

The property staff are incredible. Bridgette at the desk could not have been more helpful and she is always smiling.

We will certainly go back to WaterScape and we will definitely rent this unit!!

Room Tip: Be sure to check out B307
Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Do not book your room through Southern Resorts. After booking a room facing the court yard and paying the deposit. Southern Resorts Changed the room to one facing the government property - not nearly as nice view. They said they will be glad to cancel my reservation 3 weeks before my vacation if I was not happy.

Orange, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

This resort is great....right on the beautiful Okaloosa Island beach with lots of pools and water activities for everyone. This time we stayed in B402 which is a 3-bedroom condo. It was clean and neat; comfortable for everyone. Everything worked and we had everything that we needed. The laundry room with the washer and dryer was great. The condo faces towards the east, so it was shady on the large patio in the afternoon. We had a glorious beach view and a view of the pools. We parked on the 4th floor of the parking garage and walked along the outside edge walkway until the end and then we entered the hallway and our condo door was right across. It was easy to get down to the beach and pools because the elevator was right there across from our condo door. It was very quiet also. There were activities by the pools just about every night....movies, karoake. And sno-cones and sundaes available for a small fee at different times. There's a small Fudpuckers shack for purchasing snacks and drinks. I know the frozen margaritas were $5.50. They were okay, refreshing. You're not supposed to save chairs around the pools, but people do it anyway. I'm guilty of it also. The resort is doing a good job of trying to get it under control, so that chairs aren't saved all day with no one in them. I put my towels on some chairs around a table before 8:00 and I was told by the Courtesy Patrol to remove them, which I did. Also, one day I put some towels on some chairs around a table and when I came back down, the towels were folded and put on the table. So, it's okay to save your table with towels for a while, but not the chairs. If no one is at the table for a considerable amount of time, the towels will be picked up, especially if a group is looking for a place to sit and eat. I think that's fair. With your condo you have 2 complimentary chairs and an umbrella on the beach. You can't reserve yours until 8:00. And, if you don't put a towel on it, you will lose it. Some people brought their own chairs. That's okay as long as you don't put your own umbrella up in front of the complimentary ones. All in all, it was a great stay and we all enjoyed it immensely. The only thing that bothered me, besides the June grass in the ocean, was the pillows...they were as flat as a pancakes. I'll bring my own pillows next time. Oh, and bring some extra toilet paper.

Loretto, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

This is the most awesome vacation spot. We loved it. From the condo to the pool, to the beach. Several places in walking distance too. The pool was enormous and full of fun stuff, I took my adult kids but wished I had had small kids, there was so much for kids of any age to do. Workout room was very nice, big picture windows to overlook the pools and ocean. The condo was spectacular, nicely decorated with large living area. The balcony was big too, we ate breakfast there many mornings, and it was big enough for all of us to eat there. There was 6 of us and we didn't run over each other at all.
Fudpuckers right across the street. Also, Waffle House right beside us.
We will definitely go back, we loved it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

We just returned from Waterscape and had an excellent vacation. We have a 2-year old and a 4-year old, and this was the perfect vacation. We stayed on a ground floor condo, and it was a walk out to the pools and to the beach. It was built around families with kids. There was something for everybody to do at all times.

The facilities were exceptionally clean and well maintained. I'd read an earlier Trip Advisor review that said there were people without armbands, and there was overcrowding at the pools. We did not experience any of this. In fact, there were several people walking around at all times whose job was to make sure only people staying at the facility were using the facility. They wore shirts that said, "Courtesy Patrol."

I recommend Waterscape to anybody that wants an relaxing and enjoyable vacation for the whole family. The pools and beach area were fabulous. I think the only problem we ever had was that one of our DVD remotes didn't work. We had a great time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Waterscape Condominiums? Share your experiences!