“Cute condo but a few problems.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Waterscape Condominiums

You added Waterscape Condominiums to your Saves list
Waterscape Condominiums
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1110 Santa Rosa Blvd, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
loganville
“Cute condo but a few problems.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We stayed in unit 410A. I was very happy with the unit itself.... modern decor, very light and uncluttered, hard floors, not dated looking like some of the other units., and great location. The balconies on all of the units are huge. From the balcony in this unit you can see both the pool area and the beach which was very nice. The grounds and pool area is beautiful and has something for everyone. The toddler splash pool and play area was awesome. My kid was in heaven.

The things I was not happy with was one, the cleanliness of the unit. I picked a unit with hard floors because I hate carpet, and hard floors feel cleaner. The floor had crumbs and hairs on it when we arrived so I took a paper towel to it and it was black after a few swipes. There were crumbs all over the chairs and under the kitchen table, and remnants of food smeared on top of the table and chairs. Nobody had even swept or vacuumed under it. There were hairs and a dead bug in the sheets in the other bedrooms but the bunk beds were perhaps the dirtiest area. Hairs and a thick layer of dust surround the frame and ledge. Sand, hairs and food jam-packed between the mattress and frames. Disgusted, I pulled back the covers and found more sand, hair and crumbs *inside* the bed. I wonder if the sheets were even changed. This is where my kid was gonna sleep? Gross. We spent the first hour and a half of our vacation cleaning. I was very irritated that I paid a cleaning fee. Housekeeping needs a lot of work.

The beach service, as other guests have stated, is nice but unless you are down there by 8:45am dont expect to get a decent chair, or any chair for that matter. The chairs have very little space between them (maybe a foot) so getting stuck next to the guy who has his radio on or two chatty females puts a damper on a nice relaxing day. The chairs are two rows deep and simply not enough of them to accomodate the number of guests at the resort. The beach itself, however, is beautiful. The sand was white and soft and the waters clear. There is a very wide area of beach here so if you cant get chair service there is plenty of room for your own chairs.

There is a fudpuckers shack on the pool grounds which was convenient for drinks. This is a small gripe but I wished there had been healthier options for snacks. I know most people prefer the food they served like nachos, hotdogs, etc...but one healthier non meat option, just one, would have been nice. I overheard people remarking on this too. That would not prevent me from coming back, however. The drinks were yummy and made strong.

No wi-fi is was also an inconvenience. I had to obtain a cable from the front desk and was only able to use my laptop while sitting at the kitchen table.

Overall we had a decent time but I am unsure if I would come here again.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Jasper, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

My grandson and I just got back from a fabulous stay at Waterscape. This was our first time at this condo and I have to say it was wonderful! My five year old grandson LOVED the beautiful kiddie wading pool, play area and lazy river. A child can never get bored here! In addition, the grounds were so nice. There's a small Fudrukers hut by the zero entry pool for small snacks/refreshments. The prices were average for what you expect to pay at a resort for the convenience.

Our condo was nice, but I do wish we had gotten one a little closer to pool/beach access. This is a very large resort. I have a disability and it was very difficult for me to lug our beach bag to and from room B330 every day. It would have been helpful if the front desk provided a map of the grounds so I could have known the easiest route to the pool/beach ahead of time. Instead, we had to hunt around to find the best route ourselves.

This is a great property. Great location, new, and has covered parking with a security gate, which I found wonderful. Great prices in the spring and fall, but really not worth what they charge during peak season (from $130 for a one bedroom to almost tripple during peak season!). OUCH!

As for the beach chairs and wristlets, I agree with the other reviews - wristlets must be worn at all times and you have to get on the beach early to get good chairs. If you don't leave something in them, they will give your chairs to someone else since, obviously, there aren't enough chairs for everyone at this large resort.

All in all, it was a great trip and we will be staying at Waterscape again!

lyerly ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

This is our third stay at Waterscape and I'm sure it won't be our last. We have two small children (2 and 4) and there are tons of things to keep them entertained. We have stayed in 3 different units each time and they were all wonderful. I would warn parents of infants that the resort is HUGE and depending on the location of your room you may have to walk a bit and you might want to take a stroller.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

My family LOVES Waterscape. We have traveled there 2 different occasions and stayed in A220. We have thoroughly enjoyed the resort each time we traveled, which was during the months of April and in August. We would plan to go to Waterscape on every vacation. We particularly love the walk out condo that faces the kiddie pool area. We are currently trying to plan our third trip to waterscape but are having a little trouble deciding if we really want to go there during our dates of travel. We would love to travel April 30 through May 7, but remembered that during the last weekend of April there is a volleyball tournament in town. Our experience 2 years ago was miserable the last weekend of April because of that tournament. The entire hot tub and pool area was covered with volleyball folks. My son wanted to get into the hot tubs, but we couldn't. There wasn't enough room. It was very loud and beer bottles were left everywhere. I had never experienced this before and was worried at the time. After a couple of days passed, the volleyball folks left and the vacation experience was awesome!! I figured it was just a fluke for that weekend of that year. However, now that we are trying to plan another trip I researched volleyball for that area for 2011. I found that they are advertising a pool party at Waterscape for May 1st. That would be included in the dates that we would plan to go. I called resort quest and talked to Brandy about this. I asked her if they could really advertise a party if waterscape says you are supposed to have wristbands. She said she would check. She called back to say that the manager of waterscape did say that they are planning a crab boil for that time period. I am torn because my family would really love to travel there, but it is not a fun environment with small kids (4 and 1 years old). We will probably go somewhere else because of the party waterscape is having for the volleyball folks. Maybe we will travel there a different time of the year because we do love it very much!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Gulfport, MS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

We travel to Fort Walton Beach at least twice a year and usually stay at another set of condos but since Waterscape is the newest I wanted to try it out. We stayed for 3 nights over the Labor Day weekend in beachfront room A203. The buildings, grounds and rooms are all very nice and clean. My problem with the resort is size! It is very large and there is not enough room to accommodate all their guests. The pools lazy river and children’s area were always crowded and the resort was not at full capacity when we stayed. You must wear a wrist band at all times and my husband did see security escort a group out because they did not have a band (and I'm assuming not a guest at the resort) which may add to the problem. You get 2 free chair rentals each day of your stay BUT you have to wait in line to reserve your chairs each morning and you must leave something on your chair the entire day or they will give your chair away! We purchased 2 additional chairs ($20) each day and the same rules applied. At the resort we typically stay you pay for however many days and chairs you want up front and you don't have to wait in line or worry about your chairs being "resold". The beachfront at Waterscape is narrow and they had chairs set up 3 rows deep on the beach so if you want a chair in the first row you need to be in line by 7:15am and they start reserving at 8am. This is not the way I want to start each day of my beach vacation! The rooms are nice and the mattress was hard as a rock but they usually are in condos. All in all I cannot recommend this resort. There are other resort condos on Okaloosa Island that offer better beach service and the same amenities (pools, lazy river, fitness center etc.) at a lower price, are much less crowded and have the same beautiful beach!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Athens, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Stayed in 303A, managed by southern resorts. Easy check in and check out- room tastefully decorated and modern, nice appliances. View was beautiful- we loved this quiet side of the hotel, vs the rooms overlooking the pool. Huge balcony, huge bathrooms, very spacious overall. Huge LCD tv in den, and new LCD tv's in the bedrooms. A few minor problems that we tried to overlook- plenty of towels, but only 4 washcloths for a room that "sleeps 8"- so we were doing laundry constantly. If you don't like an ultra soft, hammock like bed, then this condo may not be for you. For me and my parents- the beds were not comfortable at all, but my hubby loved them. This condo had 2 kings, which is actually hard to find, so this part was nice. Many of the dishes in the cabinets were dirty, so we had to wash them before using, and the coffee pot had not been cleaned out from previous user. Other than minor cleaning issues, we enjoyed this condo. Watch out for the pool nazi's though and make sure you wear your pool bracelet at all times. Resort itself was very tidy and clean- and a GREAT place for small children. Free movies rentals if you stay through resortquest, but not through southern resorts. We will be back!

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

We stayed in unit A102... fabulous location. Great views of beach and the grounds and easy access to both. Just a few steps to the beach or pool from patio. The unit was roomy and very nice. We would definately request this unit again. My only suggestion is to please put down rugs at the patio doors and entrance so we could wipe the sand and grass off our feet. We ended up tracking sand through the unit and keeping the grit out of the beds and furniture was a pain! We finally laid towels down at the entrances.

The pool area was very nice and great for kids. Our eight year old daughter had a great time. The beach service was convenient, although to get front row chairs and umbrella's you had to be in line by 8:00 am to reserve. We settled on second row because that is too early for us.

Overall Ft. Walton is a great family beach location and I'm sure we will return. We went to Panama City three years ago, but I prefer Ft. Walton beach. It is less crowded and more laid back for families and Waterscape is definately the place to stay in Ft. Walton.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Waterscape Condominiums? Share your experiences!