“Can't wait to go back” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Summer Place Resort to your Saves list
Summer Place Resort
Summer Place Resort
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1111 Santa Rosa Blvd., Okaloosa Island, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Northern Kentucky
“Can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Summer Place is absolutely beautiful. The condo was very nice, very clean. The 2 pools are extremely well maintained and very spacious. The bathrooms by the pool were extremely clean the entire day and this means a lot to me. I have a almost 3 mostly potty trained little girl. We visited them frequently. The gentlemen who clean the halls and the grounds were busy all the time and kept it very clean. 2 Elevaors that were fast. The enitre complex is about 42 units. Each condo has a balacony that overlooks the beach and may overlook the pool. My wishes for the place that they had covered parking.
The biggest problem I had with my stay was with who we booked thorugh FunDestin in Destin- which was absolutely the worst. I will definately return to Summer Place I will just go through another company

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
addis, louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

Ok...This place is a must stay. It is great; however, we went in the wake of Hurricane Gustav. We had two days of beach and then disaster. You couldnt even see the beach anymore. We were really scared. My point is this, DO NOT go when a storm in coming or has just passed. Not safe! But this place is a jewel, just remember to take precautions.....

• Liked — upscale
  • Disliked — not good for kids
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

Okay, this could be long, but first I must say this was one of my absolute favorite vacations! (We have cruised and vacationed all over the U.S. but this was right up there with the best) I am a 55 year-old wife, mother and granny. My husband, daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren (12 & 8) went to Summer Place Resort on Okaloosa Island June 23-28, 2008. We rented a two-bedroom condo through Resort Quest. The accommodations were near perfect. We traveled by auto from Oklahoma to Florida and arrived around 6:00 p.m. on Monday, the 23rd. Since the office was closed (which is located at Island Echos) we used a special phone there and were given a code to get our keys and info pack and headed on to the condo. We hit the beach immediately and found it invaded by some kind of green algae and jelly fish. That didn't stop the kids. We had these same conditions for only two days. We did not get stung or experience any adverse effects. We were given a complimentary beach service with the condo which just means that you get (2) two beach chairs and an umbrella for each condo free. Any other chairs you use must be paid for. The beach guys put these out around seven in the morning and take them up around four in the afternoon. We didn't understand what their hurry was as there was still plenty of light on the beach (at least four more hours) and the condo next to us (Waterscape) did not take theirs up until much later. We went to Wal-Mart and purchased two $10.00 chairs to use on our own. However, we did see a pick-up truck going down the beach picking up any extra chairs and umbrellas that people had left unattended. We went to Destin to a Winn Dixie and bought some groceries as we had taken some staples and meat with us (there wasn't so much as a grain of salt in the condo). They give you two small packets of dishwashing detergent for use in the dishwasher and a trial size box of laundry detergent. I took a small bottle of Tide with me and left what we didn't use for the next vacationers. The full size washer and dryer in the unit was a special bonus with the kids and we didn't have to carry dirty clothing home. There were two full size pools when the kids got tired of fighting the waves and they thoroughly enjoyed them. The only downside here were the people who went out early each morning and put towels on all the lounge chairs. My daughter complained to the management who in turn watched and discovered most of the towels were left for hours (there was a sign warning against this) and the manager removed some of them. Another negative was the lack of eating places on the island. One evening we went to Fudpuckers and had a great meal. I fed all six of us for $65. Another evening we went to the Boardwalk and ate at The Crab Trap. (This cost me $110 plus the tip) but it was a very good meal. We carried food home with us for leftovers the next day.
We traveled the six miles to Destin several times for shopping and food but I would so much rather vacation in Fort Walton Beach than Destin any day! I guess most of the action is in Destin, but if you want a quiet, peaceful, family time then Ft Walton Beach/Okaloosa Island is the place to be. My husband's favorite part of the trip was sitting on the balcony (we were on the fifth floor) watching the dolphins, schools of fish and birds feeding while enjoying the breeze off the ocean and its beautiful sounds. If you have any questions just let me know, maybe some of my rambling has helped someone.

Been to Summer Place Resort? Share your experiences!