“Excellent hotel - a pity about Fort Pierce” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7151 Okeechobee Rd., Fort Pierce, FL 34945   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Scotland
“Excellent hotel - a pity about Fort Pierce”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a great place - the hotel, that is. Situated in a substantial piece of real estate, it all looks and feels as if it could have been built yesterday. Clean, welcoming, well equipped - what's not to like? And for a quick stop near to the freeway, you couldn't do better. As for Fort Pierce? Well, its so-called "historic downtown" is more like a run-down third world place. Drove round expecting to find some good eating places, and ended up dodging the chickens that were running all over on the main streets and wondering if I ran any of them over whether my time would be up, as there were some shady looking characters hanging about on most of the street corners. I later discovered that it has the highest crime rate of anywhere in the US (proportionate to the population, that is, not in absolute figures). So my advice would be to get dinner before you show up at this hotel, as there's not a lot to choose from in the neighborhood. But at least the hotel is on the opposite side of the freeway from the downtown - and I have to say the immediate area around the hotel felt entirely safe.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is the best hotel In this area & they are very clear. They are very friendly & helpful. I stay here every time I'm in this area

I am a truck driver & they have room to park my truck as well as all the cars of the guest that stay here. I would tell all my friends to stay here

Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

This is my first choice when I stay in Ft. Pierce. Breakfast was delicious with plenty of variety not just your typical breakfast. Staff was outstanding, friendly and always smiling! Housekeeping kept the room nice and clean each day of my stay, I had everything I needed! I will be back next time I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Im staying here while working in town. The hotel is very clean and comfortable with lots to offer. From the pool to the fitness room and full breakfast bar I have absolutely no complaints! Room service was great and accommodative. I will definitely stay here again next time. I would also like to thank Kelsie for going out of her way to make my stay here a great experience!
Aaron :)
South Bend,In

• Stayed October 2013
ft. pierce, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Ft. Pierce for about 2 years and there is two people that I really appricate. Miss Nancy; when ever I need something she is there for my wife and I. Even when we lose something Miss Nancy will go out of her way to fine it for us on more than one occasion. Miss Nancy you have made y stay more like home. Thank you for being there when needed.

Also I would like to take my hat off to Todd. This man for the last 2 years as far as I can tell has never had a bad day. In the kitchen, at the front desk he is the same friendly person every time I see of meet him. Always and expression for the day; something to make you feel better.

Room Tip: Please got better TV stations. People like more than sports.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed for one month and never had one single issue. The hotel is beautiful, clean and well maintained. The breakfast was great and had lots of healthy options. My room was comfortable and quiet with loads of modern amenities. The manager even remembered my name and asked me how my stay was going. Great job. My stay was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

As we were driving down on the interstate, I was searching Trip Advisor for a room for the one night we would be staying in Fort Pierce. Since it was rated number one AND had great rates (love that senior discount!!), we booked it and arrived a short time later.

The location was excellent for us. The service at check in was super. The room was very well maintained, comfortable and served our needs very nicely. It appeared that the hotel was about half full that particular night but our room was very quiet and we rested well. The next morning, expecting pre-packaged cereals and pastry, we were pleasantly surprised by the full, hot breakfast! Complimentary. There are not many places that offer this type of service for the price. It proved to be an excellent value and we will stay on future trip.

All that to say: This Holiday Inn deserves the top spot on the list!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West? Share your experiences!