We wanted a nice long weekend in a hotel near water with some sort of kitchen set up. We picked this hotel cause it came as a "featured" hotel when I searched for hotels in Hutchison Island. We got a small studio on the second floor. I'll just give the run down in bullets:
- run down and very dated unit with slanted floor that made me think I was in a Batman episode.
- no amenities other than soap. no tissue box, no alarm clock, nada.
- only one small wobbly table with a lamp next to the bed that was jammed up against a wall.
- terrible bed with an indentation so deep in the middle we kept rolling into each other all night long. it was like sleeping in a taco.
- poor lighting throughout.
- one a/c unit high in the wall. since the controls are all on the top you have to drag a chair over to climb up to be able to reach the knobs which you can barely see.
- the kitchen's setup was THE BARE ESSENTIALS: some plates, silverwear and about 4 plastic cooking utensils: all huge spoons, no spatulas!! 2pots and 1 frying pan. that's it.
- living room had two cushioned easy chairs and the tv. no tables or anything to put a drink down on.
- their continental breakfast was granola bars, packaged danishes, horrible coffee and OJ. that's it. it was ridiculous actually that they call that a breakfast.
The only good thing I can say about this place is that the dock was nice to go out on and feed the pelicans. We left early and will never be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dockside Inn and Resort is located on one of the finest deep water inlets on the east coast of Florida. The Fort Pierce Inlet on South Hutchinson Island only 13 miles to the Gulf Stream boasts some of the best sport fishing in the USA.Relax in a pristine Tropical Environment where you will enjoy one of the most diverse eco-systems in the country. Fish for Snook, Grouper, Snapper or Sand Perch from our docks or lie out at one of our 2 pools under swaying palm trees.We offer a wide range of accommodation to suit the Traveler or Family, from Waterfront Guest Suites with Private Balconies to Economical Motel Rooms at attractive packages. The Dockside Inn promises you a memorable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Dockside Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dockside Inn And Resort
- Dockside Hotel Fort Pierce