“Perfect Choice for Casual Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Dockside Inn & Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 Seaway Drive, Fort Pierce, FL 34949   |
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Florida
“Perfect Choice for Casual Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Dockside is clean and comfortable, and Lois at the front desk is incredibly helpful. We had a dockside room on the 2nd floor and enjoyed watching folks catch fish off the dock, pelicans and herons hovering nearby, and a parade of boats coming and going through the channel on the way to the ocean. Nice central location for exploring this section of Florida. Check out what's showing at the Sunrise Theater; try dinner at nearly 121.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Glendale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Great stay. Excellent view and very nice staff. Would stay again anytime. Walking distance from an excellent restaurant 'On The Edge'. Very nice. Definitely try to reserve a dockside room. Fishing was great and very reasonable . You can also have the restaurant cook it for you.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
KEY LARGO, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is my first visit to this hotel and I was amazed at the beauty and size of the place upon arrival. The room was large and comfortable with a kitchen area that is great for those of us who like to keep snacks in our rooms. This was an annual retreat weekend for a community service organization I belong to and we took over the entire hotel for the weekend. The staff was wonderful and a great time was had by all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Lea C, Manager at Dockside Inn & Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thanks for your great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope the group will be back again next year.
Lea
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I'm not happy with my Dockside Inn experience. Dockside was used for my group's "Bash" weekend. When I checked in, I was told that I was expected the night prior to my arrival, so of course, I needed to pay for that night. First of all, I never made arrangements to arrive the night before. I was told I should have read my confirmation closely. It never occurred to me that hotel personnel weren't very adept at their job, or I would have felt a need to study my confirmation. The woman at the front desk proceeded to tell me it was my fault, not theirs. Whatever happened to customer service?

Second, don't most hotels hold a room reservation for a certain amount of time, then they give it away if the customer doesn't show up? The hotels I've dealt with do. The woman at the desk very rudely informed me I had to pay. There was nothing she could or would do about it.

When I made my reservation I requested a first floor room. I was told they only had one left, which surprised me because I phoned very quickly after I received notice that it was time to reserve a room for this special weekend away. Since I have difficulty climbing stairs due to Multiple Sclerosis, I took the room. I was not pleased with the room because it had a bedroom and a living room. The TV was in the living room, which had a convertible sofa. Since I need the TV to fall asleep, I decided to sleep on the convertible sofa. It was so very uncomfortable, it's hard for me to understand why it hasn't been taken out of commission a long time ago. And the coffee tasted pretty bad, and the sweet & low was hard.

Perhaps spending the money wouldn't bother me so much if I had money to waste, but since I'm on a very limited income, I can't help but be quite bothered by all this. The Bash, which is one weekend a year, is my only time that I can get away, since I take care of my elderly father and getting away is extremely difficult.

I will say that I didn't allow my horrible hotel experience ruin my enjoyable time fishing and visiting with my friends.

There's already talk that they may use this hotel again next year. I guess I'll be finding a different hotel.

Room Tip: Nice docks to fish from.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
West Palm Beach, Fl.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We love Dockside and go there 3 to 5 times a year. There seemed to be several groups there but the women that were down by the other pool were another story. They were very loud, fighting with each other, had beer bottled in the pool, and we complained to the front desk clerk on Saturday and nothing was done.

We will go there again as we always do and we love the fact that we can bring our boat and it be right there. The bait shop is also a plus. Sam was great when we made our reservations! Too bad she doesn't work on Saturdays!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hi,
Sorry that your complaint was not followed up, but am glad that you will be returning. Let me know when you return to the hotel so we can give you a free beverage at On the Edge.
Lea
Edgewater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed there just overnight on my BF's birthday...I booked it online and didn't know what to expect (although I was trusting trip advisor reviews to guide me). We were not disappointed in the least. The setting is serene, right on the water, and although it looks like it might be noisy from road traffic, we didn't hear a thing. We walked over to the pools (there are 2) and the restaurant/bar. Although we didn't eat there we overheard some of the comments about the food and they were all positive. Bar (On the Edge) has a good happy hour from 2-6 with $2.50 wells...don't know about beer prices. We love local places and this fit the bill for us!

Room Tip: We didn't see any of the other rooms, but we were happy with our room which was 415. Nice fridge...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi,
So glad you found our hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you will come again soon.
Fort Pierce, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

A few years back my husband & I checked in to avoid a hurricane. It was delightfully furnished, with a small kitchen, decently furnished & opened onto the docks. There was lots of destruction outside the next morning. I was absolutely delighted with my stay. My boat had suffered some damage so I was very happy to be away from the docks in the City Marina. The Inn was a Godsend.

Room Tip: No fitness center but plenty of beaches to walk for exercise. My suite was well lit & convenien...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dockside Inn & Resort? Share your experiences!