“Roaches Everywhere” 1 of 5 stars

5220 S Us Highway 1, Fort Pierce, FL 34982   |
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
“Roaches Everywhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

It was very late and just wanted somewhere cheap to stay for 50 bucks I wasn't expecting much. The clerk that helped us was definitely not very capable but we were so tired that I ignored my gut feeling to just leave. When I opened the door and turned on the light there where roaches on the wall in the bed sheets. After about 5 minutes and being utterly repulsed, I returned the key and just left. Don't bother stopping there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

My husband and I were traveling the coast, and had a fishing trip lined up in Fort Pierce. I found this place the prior evening, called for availability. The owners has a VERY heavy accent, was hard to understand and got angry when asked to repeat. We arrived to a place that resembled section 8 housing. The rooms were dark, floor was sticky, and greasy, and carpet was matted down, as if never been cleaned. crumbs and debris all over. not vaccuumed. spiders on the wall. Ther were LARGE, FLAT, and FAAAST. Took a few wacks with my shoe to kill them. 2 flat stained pillows were in thew room. Stinky. Smelled of cigaretes and mold. I was afraid to take off my shoes. Got extra towels and an an extra pillow with no problem. Room was cheap. Only good thing. Mold all over the walls, shower was tiny, was filthy. the air conditioner buttons were broken. Mattress was stained. I put my own sheet over top of the comforter to keep from touching the bed, however when we woke up I had about 25 btes on both my legs. and about ten on my arms. My husband was also bitten. I will never EVER even think about ataying here again. The staff was so rude to me. I have ADD, and I had forgotten my PURSE hanging on the back of the bathroom door after we left. we were a good 15 min away already. I called and aked if they would PLEASE go into the room and get my purse and hold it at the front desk for me. The got irate with me, and their tone was mean, "WE DO NOT HAVE YOUR PURSE! WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT U ARE TALKING ABOUT" I think they must have thought I was accusing them of taking it or something, I was just wanted them to get the purse out of the room befor eit was rented again...After battling with them, they told me OK OK YOU GET PURSE NOW!!!! I was in tears, I was on vacation, all my money, my id, my plane tictes were in there...I could not believe how crude these foreign people were. I was treated so horribly...DO NOT GO HERE!!!!! AWFUL! AWFUL!

Room Tip: check out bed bug reports, and reviews and bring with you a sheet to put on the bed in case you run...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I can't stress this enough: Do not waste your money here and listen to your instincts. When I first saw the place I thought it was a bit sketchy, but it was late at night, everything seemed a little sketchy. But this place definitely fit the picture in my head. There were holes in the wall, stains on the carpet. The room reeked of cigarettes, guess I shouldn't of been surprised when I found ashes all over the toilet seat. The bed looked a little promising at first, until I pulled the comforter back revealing a million and one yellow stains, not to mention the stains on the pillow, and the stains and cigarette burns in the fabric that I assume was supposed to resemble a blanket. The total time spent in that room was maybe thirty minutes, and that's because I was in awe of the disgusting setting. And just the other day as I was driving around the area I saw police cars scattered about the place. Need I say more?

Room Tip: Don't waste your time.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2007

We found this little motel in the dark on US #1 , just outside of Florida. Family owned with 15 units. We were able to get a room for just a bit over $50.00. We had a double bed with a bathroom that had a shower stall. Had to get the a/c going when we first went in but it was OK for a drive-by place. No side lamps and extra $ to get the remote control.

• Liked — Inexpensive, convenient ...on the road
  • Disliked — sparse accommodation
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Garden State Motel? Share your experiences!