“Run, Don't Walk, Away from this "Resort"” 1 of 5 stars

Fountain Resort
4889 N US Highway 1, Fort Pierce, FL 34946   |
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Jacksonville, Florida
“Run, Don't Walk, Away from this "Resort"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

While visiting family, we were looking for somewhere close to their home. The Fountain "Resort" was nearby and had good reviews. Upon arrival, the manager greeted us wearing pajama pants and a sweatshirt with a big hole on the chest. That was the 1st sign. We went to our 2 "non smoking" rooms and were knocked over by the smell of cigarette smoke (the butts in the mulch outside the room should have warned us) in 1 room. We asked for another room. The next room did not smell but had a stained bedspread & towels. We settled into the 2nd room, which did not smell, but had a blanket with cigarette burn holes and a nightstand that looked like an ashtray had dumped over and ashes were in the nooks & crannies of the wicker. The bedskirt had ashes on it also. The manager blamed the "blue collar" workers he rented to during the week and not the lack of maintenance or housekeeping for the nasty rooms. The hair dryer & ironing board/iron that were listed in the hotel room amenities, were missing. This was not a "resort" experience. I will never again go to this "resort" or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2007

A bit off the beaten path, but worth the extra drive. Very clean and cozy, and a great value. The rooms are pretty basic, but clean, and the bathrooms are good sized, especially the showers. The microwave and refrigerator in each room were a huge plus. The only negative is the lack of a good easy chair in each room to watch TV from or read a book (but you can do the latter outside by the pool or your room quite well!). You can also do some grocery shopping about 6 miles in either direction in Vero beach or Ft. Pierce. There's also a good pizza place in a strip mall about 3 miles towards FP adjacent to the CVS. Also check out the restaurants near the FP courthouse and over the bridge along the road towards the FP beaches and park. And Ray's package store on Rt 1 just after downtown FP is good find as well.

In general, this is a clean, cozy 1950's style motel that's a very good value for the money, in part because of its off the beaten track location. Once you get inside its gates you feel like you're in your own private little sanctuary. It doesn't have any frills, but the owners really appear to stay on top of the maintenance and appearance of the property, both outside and inside. The general manager greets as many of the guests as he can, and the woman in charge of maintaining the rooms not only works hard but is awfully nice as well. I've been coming here for 3 years now for a long weekend of baseball and it hasn't disappointed me yet. The only disconcerting thing is that there is a for-sale sign outside, so I don't know how much longer it will be in business, or at least in business with quality ownership and management it enjoys now, who are willing to continue to invest in the property to offer a clean motel at a good value.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Geogia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2007

This was our very first family vacation. We didn't even need to spend money on the area attractions. The children decided they would have just as much fun just enjoying themselves at the resort. The room was like a home away from home. I found every thing very clean and comfortable . The two bedroom was plenty big enough for 6 of us.We cant wait to go back after the new water feature is built.

• Liked — The room had everything we need to prepare food . The Kids just love the pool.
  • Disliked — There was nothing special about the lake.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Port Orange, Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2006

My boyfriend wanted to get away for the weekend because his job at the newspaper was getting stressful. He found this "out of the way place" in Fort Pierce thinking it might be nice. The small room was acceptable but the DVD player advertised as a feature wasn't hooked up. Not really in the $108 a night range, but it was "in season."
At check-in he stated he would be paying in cash but Amber said she needed to run his credit card anyway.
The next day at checkout my boyfriend paid Amber in cash.
When his credit card bill arrived he discovered he had also been charged the full amount on his credit card. The manager Neil Goetze would not issue a credit.
I feel so bad my boyfriend had to pay all that extra money. We just wanted a relaxing weekend but it turned into a disaster.
This place is barely worth $108, but $216 for one night.......
We go to Fort Pierce 1 or 2 times a month but we will never return to The Fountain Resort

• Liked — Fairly clean
  • Disliked — Being charged double by inexperienced help.
  • Tips/Secrets — Check your credit card bill if you pay cash
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ResortMgr, Resort Manager at Fountain Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2007
I am happy to report this member did, after wrting this review, contact us about the problem discribed.The resort did issue a credit and an apology. We took this guest on his word, as no documentation was provided.
Deerfield Beach Fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

I was looking for a nice place in Fort Pierce for my once a month visits. I thought I found such a place until I received my credit card bill and found out they charged my card after I paid them in full with cash. Manager Neil wouldn't issue a credit so I ended up paying double.

• Stayed January 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2006

After reading some of the other reviews here, I was expecting more. Perhaps I caught them on a bad day, but the room had dead bugs, and the person who checked me in was less than helpful suggesting a good restaurant. The breakfast would have been fine if there had been enough milk for both of us to have the cereal. There was no staff around to ask for more, or at the desk when checking out.

• Stayed May 2006
, Resort Manager at Fountain Resort, responded to this review, May 6, 2006
I want to thank this customer for your valuable feedback. Please accept my apology for the any inconvenience that interfered with a relaxing stay.

At the Fountain Resort, our customer is always right. We welcome the opportunity to serve you. We only ask that if we are not in the office, please, call one of the two telephone numbers posted at the entrance to the main guest house.

Our service guarantee states that if we fail to correct a problem we will comp that nights stay. Concerns must be communicated to a resort employee and be within our control to correct.

Medford, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2006

I must have a little higher expectations than most people because I found the resort to be just OK. I didn't find the room overerly clean, maybe the regular housekeeper was on vacation. It was just OK. The rug really needed replacing as it had alot of stains on it. I was happy to have a frig & a microwave but from the descriptions, thought they would be at least in a little separate section. Didn't realize they were in place of my night stand right next to the bed. Since there were only 2 of us we only had 1 room. The pool & the hot tub were nice though & they were clean. All in all, it was Ok but we didn't find anything to rave about. Maybe we should have just had a different room since we stayed there 5 nights.

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Fountain Resort? Share your experiences!