“Rip Off!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Port Orange, Fl
“Rip Off!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2006

My boyfriend wanted to get away for the weekend because his job at the newspaper was getting stressful. He found this "out of the way place" in Fort Pierce thinking it might be nice. The small room was acceptable but the DVD player advertised as a feature wasn't hooked up. Not really in the $108 a night range, but it was "in season."
At check-in he stated he would be paying in cash but Amber said she needed to run his credit card anyway.
The next day at checkout my boyfriend paid Amber in cash.
When his credit card bill arrived he discovered he had also been charged the full amount on his credit card. The manager Neil Goetze would not issue a credit.
I feel so bad my boyfriend had to pay all that extra money. We just wanted a relaxing weekend but it turned into a disaster.
This place is barely worth $108, but $216 for one night.......
We go to Fort Pierce 1 or 2 times a month but we will never return to The Fountain Resort

• Liked — Fairly clean
  • Disliked — Being charged double by inexperienced help.
  • Tips/Secrets — Check your credit card bill if you pay cash
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ResortMgr, Resort Manager at Fountain Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2007
I am happy to report this member did, after wrting this review, contact us about the problem discribed.The resort did issue a credit and an apology. We took this guest on his word, as no documentation was provided.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Deerfield Beach Fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

I was looking for a nice place in Fort Pierce for my once a month visits. I thought I found such a place until I received my credit card bill and found out they charged my card after I paid them in full with cash. Manager Neil wouldn't issue a credit so I ended up paying double.

• Stayed January 2006
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2006

After reading some of the other reviews here, I was expecting more. Perhaps I caught them on a bad day, but the room had dead bugs, and the person who checked me in was less than helpful suggesting a good restaurant. The breakfast would have been fine if there had been enough milk for both of us to have the cereal. There was no staff around to ask for more, or at the desk when checking out.

• Stayed May 2006
, Resort Manager at Fountain Resort, responded to this review, May 6, 2006
I want to thank this customer for your valuable feedback. Please accept my apology for the any inconvenience that interfered with a relaxing stay.

At the Fountain Resort, our customer is always right. We welcome the opportunity to serve you. We only ask that if we are not in the office, please, call one of the two telephone numbers posted at the entrance to the main guest house.

Our service guarantee states that if we fail to correct a problem we will comp that nights stay. Concerns must be communicated to a resort employee and be within our control to correct.

Medford, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2006

I must have a little higher expectations than most people because I found the resort to be just OK. I didn't find the room overerly clean, maybe the regular housekeeper was on vacation. It was just OK. The rug really needed replacing as it had alot of stains on it. I was happy to have a frig & a microwave but from the descriptions, thought they would be at least in a little separate section. Didn't realize they were in place of my night stand right next to the bed. Since there were only 2 of us we only had 1 room. The pool & the hot tub were nice though & they were clean. All in all, it was Ok but we didn't find anything to rave about. Maybe we should have just had a different room since we stayed there 5 nights.

• Stayed February 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2006

The rooms were clean & spacious. Neil Goetze the manager was very courteous & he did everything he could to make our stay special, & it was. The pool was beautiful & heated. We brought our two year old & he loved it! I would return again. We had a great nights sleep as the bed was very comfortable. It was also easy to find & close to the beaches.

• Stayed April 2006
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2006

We tried this place because of all the positive reviews on this site. We usually stay away from independent motels because you never know what you'll find. This lived up to the previous reviews written. Neal was most helpful and pleasant. It is the older style motel that has been completely renovated. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The shower in our room was huge. I do agree with the one comment about the inconvenience of using several remotes for the TV. If you hit the wrong button on the wrong remote, you could lose half the TV program by the time you got it back on. However, the mgr or someone is always available for help if you don't want to try to fix it on your own. The only negative thing I can say that I haven't seen mentioned is the slowness of the computer. However, that is the fault of the service provider, not the motel. Just don't plan to do a lot of important business on the computer while there. Checking e-mails takes long enough. I was just happy not to have to lug my laptop and still have access to a computer. Stay there for pleasure not if you plan to conduct business requiring a lot of computer use. Things were well lighted and I would feel safe there if traveling alone. I got a much better rate by calling then using the online reservation system. They are willing to work with whatever discounts you have available to you. Thumbs up all the way for this place.

Stayed March 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2006

This is probably the best medium priced motel I have ever stayed in. The room was spacious, very clean, well furnished, and decorated very well. The complex as a whole is attractive, has a pool and hot tub, and large parking areas. I was there with a reunion of Michigan US Power and Sail Squadron members and everyone enjoyed the stay. If I had one complaint it would be the difficulty operating the Satalite TV, probably because I'm to old for modern technology. When I called for help they came quickly to teach me how to use their system. Our group used the social and meeting rooms which were very clean and designed for their purposes, and the coffee is always on. When you stay there check out Norris's Resturant. It is great, and I assure you that you will be full and satisfied when you leave. The manager Neal was very helpful during our stay, and even added a bit of humor, and is very clever with a computer. We all enjoyed our stay so much we have reserved 10 rooms for next year.
Thank You Neal for a great stay.
P/C William Myers, SN

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Fountain Resort? Share your experiences!