“Loved the Fountain Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Fountain Resort
4889 N US Highway 1, Fort Pierce, FL 34946   |
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved the Fountain Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2006

The rooms were clean & spacious. Neil Goetze the manager was very courteous & he did everything he could to make our stay special, & it was. The pool was beautiful & heated. We brought our two year old & he loved it! I would return again. We had a great nights sleep as the bed was very comfortable. It was also easy to find & close to the beaches.

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2006

We tried this place because of all the positive reviews on this site. We usually stay away from independent motels because you never know what you'll find. This lived up to the previous reviews written. Neal was most helpful and pleasant. It is the older style motel that has been completely renovated. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The shower in our room was huge. I do agree with the one comment about the inconvenience of using several remotes for the TV. If you hit the wrong button on the wrong remote, you could lose half the TV program by the time you got it back on. However, the mgr or someone is always available for help if you don't want to try to fix it on your own. The only negative thing I can say that I haven't seen mentioned is the slowness of the computer. However, that is the fault of the service provider, not the motel. Just don't plan to do a lot of important business on the computer while there. Checking e-mails takes long enough. I was just happy not to have to lug my laptop and still have access to a computer. Stay there for pleasure not if you plan to conduct business requiring a lot of computer use. Things were well lighted and I would feel safe there if traveling alone. I got a much better rate by calling then using the online reservation system. They are willing to work with whatever discounts you have available to you. Thumbs up all the way for this place.

Stayed March 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2006

This is probably the best medium priced motel I have ever stayed in. The room was spacious, very clean, well furnished, and decorated very well. The complex as a whole is attractive, has a pool and hot tub, and large parking areas. I was there with a reunion of Michigan US Power and Sail Squadron members and everyone enjoyed the stay. If I had one complaint it would be the difficulty operating the Satalite TV, probably because I'm to old for modern technology. When I called for help they came quickly to teach me how to use their system. Our group used the social and meeting rooms which were very clean and designed for their purposes, and the coffee is always on. When you stay there check out Norris's Resturant. It is great, and I assure you that you will be full and satisfied when you leave. The manager Neal was very helpful during our stay, and even added a bit of humor, and is very clever with a computer. We all enjoyed our stay so much we have reserved 10 rooms for next year.
Thank You Neal for a great stay.
P/C William Myers, SN

• Stayed March 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2006

Not one for overpriced hotels, I went on-line to seek out something different - a bed and breakfast perhaps. I found that due to the New Year's weekend, of the very few B and B's in the area, they all required a three night stay. I continued to search and found the Fountain Resort in Ft. Pierce. The price was fabulous which caused some concern and the pictures on-line looked pleasant enough. Located north of Ft. Pierce and south of Vero Beach, we found the Fountain Resort to be most accomodating. I was very pleasantly surprised! Our Innkeeper, Neil was by far the most enthusiastic person I have had the pleasure of meeting and our room (although not his favorite) reminded me of my childhood growing up in south Florida with Terrazzo floors (to keep you cool), a window unit air conditioner and a tropical decor. I highly recommend the Fountain Resort to those travelers who wish to experience the local flavor as opposed to the hotel conglomerates that assembly line their daily businesses!

Tallahassee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2005

My son and I were traveling for tennis and when I do this, I don't want to spend a lot of money of our accommodations. Sometimes, I am very disappointed. In this case, I was quite pleased. The Fountain Resort is nicely located, small and charming. Very well maintained. It has a sort of 50's charm. The rooms are nicely furnished and the bathrooms were very clean and felt more like I was in my home. Nice, fun tile colors and big showers. The management was excellent. We were taken care of from the time to got there until we checked out. I only wish I had had more time to just relax by the pool. I would stay again and recommend it to others.

Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2005

I too decided to give the Fountain Resort after reading other reviews and I'm glad I did. It's located just north of Fort Pierce on U.S.1. It's not on the ocean and is not at all "fancy". But I found it to be comfortable and very relaxing. The pool area is nice and the owners are very friendly and helpful. I'd stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2005

I decided to stay at the Fountain after reading the reviews here on Trip Advisor and after having done so I can concur with previous guests that this is really relaxing, pleasant place to spend a night. The room was ultra clean and full of little amenities like digital TV, DVD player (with movie rentals in the office), tons of fresh towels, nice smelling bath products and even a small kitchenette area complete with microwave, fridge, stovetop, plates, silverware etc. Outside I enjoyed a refreshing dip in the well maintained pool and then soaked in the hot tub under the stars (both stay open until late). To top it off, the owners are charming and very hospitable!

Been to Fountain Resort? Share your experiences!