“Wouldn't go back even if it was free” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Fort Pierce

You added Comfort Suites Fort Pierce to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Fort Pierce
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6505 Metal Drive, Between I-95 & FL Tpk, Fort Pierce, FL 34945   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Atlanta
“Wouldn't go back even if it was free”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I really don't like to leave bad reviews but this place was bad. I was passing through and just needed a place for the night. I arrived late and very tired. I just needed a bed and to go to sleep. I was able to get a good rate and it was convient to where I needed to stop for the night. The front staff was very nice. The room was not. The rooms smelled. I would have gone back down to ask for another room, but the elevator was so slow and my stuff was heavy. I didn't think I could handle 20 more minutes before I could actually go to sleep. I sprayed some febreeze and figured I could make it through 6 hours and sleep thru it. The bed seemed clean enough. The couch did not. Even the trash can and recycling bin had left over trash in them. The bathroom was missing tiles but it seemed like the bathroom had been cleaned. The walls were very thin and I could hear the neighbors on both sides. I usually look for Comfort Inns and Suites because they usually dependable. Not this one. There were some other issues as well, but not worth going into. I won't be back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

If you have to stay in the fort pierce area, this hotel is good for that. Its fairly new. The room and bathroom were visibly clean. the buffet breakfast is your typical comfort inn buffet, with hot egg patties. the room is a suite, so there is a couch and a fridge and microwave. I have stayed here before and have used the pool. Its good for cooling off during those hot Florida summers.
I used points, so I don't know if the price is reasonable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I am a frequent business traveler and an Elite CP Member. The staff went above and beyond for my trip into town. Matt at the front desk was superb and was able to direct me to a great place for dinner, Cowboys. (Excellent food by the way!) The next morning breakfast was delicious and have a variety of items to choose from. Rooms were comfortable but they felt dark and carpets looked like they needed professionally cleaned. I would definitely stay at the hotel again because of the service, but they need to renovate a little.

Room Tip: Elite/Diamond CP Members need to inform front desk staff to receive an upgraded room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Tampa, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

First I will start with the good...the staff was very friendly and tried to make the stay as pleasurable as possible.

Now the bad...where to start? The carpet throughout the hotel is stained (looks like bleach stains) and looks dirty. We got to our room and it smelled so bad, it seemed like the person prior to us had smoked several cartons of cigarettes in the room. I went back downstairs to get a room change however all of the rooms were full so we had to deal. The front desk did give us some spray to mask the odor but that only last for a few minutes. The floor was so nasty. My daughter walked from the shower to bed and the bottom of her feet were black! Ick! The mattress seemed like they were very old and broken down. I don't know if there was a ventilation issue but the rooms were very humid, we tried adjusting the air to fix it but nothing seemed to work. The pool was very warm but smelled horrible. I am not sure if they have a plumbing problem but the pool and hot tub water smelled like sewage, it was disgusting. I could only get the internet to work with a wired connection and even then it was so slow that I just gave up. I would recommend staying at Fairfield or Hampton Inn that is in the same parking lot. For $100 a night this was far from worth it =O(

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Lund, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

New hotel looked good at sight, we checked in, first in a room close to the elevator, and moved directly because of the noise.
We asked for a room away from the main street, wich we got, not knowing that there was a load of trucks, freezers, coming in on the back in the evening. Freezer means runing the engines all night...
The room was ok but the bathroom! wonder who built them, wallpaper not connected to the wall, the rest of the parts not really connecting to the other ones. The shower had hot water on the cold side,wich I can understand, we had the same in our Hostal in Mallorca
because the workers read hot and cold and tought that the c in cold was caliente wich means hot in spanish...
The breakfast was good, the staff was very good and helpful, the situation is good if you are travelling by.
If you are two persons who want to use aonecomputer each, go somewhere else, there is no wifi, only one dataport.. The connection does not support your own accesspoint.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

I chose this hotel because I was able to receive a great price. Even at the great price, I doubt I'll stay here again. The bed mattresses were not great, bathrooms needed care, fixed; holes in wall, peeling wall paper. Location was not the best. Standard free continental breakfast. Staff was adequate. Dryer took 2 hours to dry one load. Knob for the water in the tub was difficult to use, slow draining tub.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Johns Creek, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

We stayed at the Comfort Suites two times last week, once on the way down to the Fl Keys and then on the road trip back home. It is right off the highway between I95 and the Turnpike (we were getting off the interstate and getting on the turnpike so this location was perfect). It's also a very popular truckers location b/c of this too. There are three hotels right together and there were large semis there both times, but there is more than adequate parking so this was a non-issue. There were six of us, three adults and three kids and we fit comfortably in the room. Let them know IN ADVANCE though if you will be using the sleeper sofa, the first night we were there they had a very difficult time finding bedding for us as the front desk attendant was unable to get into housekeeping. She actually gave us a key to an empty room and had us go and strip a bed ourselves to get the blankets. (I did not appreciate this at all!). The first night there the fire alarm also went off at 5:48 am b/c they were burning bfast, this was not a fun start to the day, but an honest mistake, so can't really complain. The beds were very comfy and the room was really clean. The bathtub was so clean I allowed my girls to take a bath in it. The first night we were there there was a family reunion taking up the third floor and in the evening they filled up the pool so the kids couldn't swim (no biggie) but on the way back they did get in the pool and it was very clean and well maintained. Breakfast was typical, make your own waffles, assortment of breads, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, real juice, coffee, etc... Overall this is a good stopping point and you will get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Fort Pierce? Share your experiences!