“GREAT!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai, Noodle
Vero Beach, Florida
“GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Downtown Fort Pierce, who would have thought that's were we would find the BEST Sushi ever. We have been fans of Sushi and Thai food all our lives.

Since moving to North Hutchinson Island about 10 yrs ago, we have found several places claiming to have Asian,Thai and Sushi and they do, but average, expected or just ok,

Thai Pepper Restaurant on Orange Ave is worth the trip if you lived in West Palm Beach! I know they just opened and I know they will have much success.

There were four of us on a Monday night. Their sign had not yet been put up, but the restaurant was beautiful. Very nice use of a small space, many different types of seating.from sofas to high tops , booths and tables. We were warmly greeted and given our choice of tables.

So let me get to the GREAT part. We started out with Calamari (yum yum) crisp and perfectly cooked served with a sweet chili sauce ($6.95) and Krab Rangoon ($4.95). I must admit I have had this before and was not looking forward to it. Boy was I wrong (delicious) light and crispy and melt in your mouth.

With these wonderful appetizers we shared a bottle of unfiltered Saki, served chilled in a nice small glass with a slice of cucumber , , , , , nice touch.

Our server (Nope) was very attentive and timed our evening to allow us to enjoy every morsel. We all had something different so we were able to sample an array of items from all across the menu.

From the Sushi side : a green dragon roll came first and was a sight to behold! A beautiful and delicious work of art it was. It was really mine but no one seemed to care, everyones chopsticks were busy and everyone happy - the best $14.95 I've spent in a long time.

I think this is when we ordered another bottle of Saki, I don't remember the price, but it was fair and our server brought us out fresh chilled glasses :-)

My husband being a creature of habit ordered Pork Pad Thai, He claims there was nothing ordinary about it. One of our friends had a noodle dish. I don't remember what it was called but it was full of chicken and veggies and was delicious and fresh.

His wife ordered and was served a whole fish, scored and crispy, seasoned to perfection. The fish was reduced to a small pile of bones stripped of every delicious flake when she was done..

Make sure when you go you are with people who like to share because it is hard to resist tasting it all.

We were out with our friends celebrating a birthday and were served a candlelit desert with ice cream and Banana Tempura :-)))

What can I say - GREAT MEAL- service, food, great value - and with all that the total check with Saki just over $100.00 for 4 VERY HAPPY PEOPLE

Stop by and see for yourself, it was more than just dinner it was a great evening.

We will be back.