“Great food for not much cost” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 160 restaurants in Fort Pierce
Cuisines: Eclectic
Description: Offering homemade soups, specials, cold case items and baked goods daily. All our items are made with real food ingredients! Delicious, eco-friendly, comfort food awaits you. Ready to go when you are, we look forward to serving you. We are proud to support local farmers!
“Great food for not much cost”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here after reading about the little take out place that could and was not disappointed. We were staying on Hutchinson Island and went here for dinner to go. Staff was very courteous and described each dish and offered samples. Everything was fresh and delicious including the baked goods. Portions are generous so plan to share. We had a complete meal from soup to dessert for $20 which included the discount for a end of the day purchase as they close at 6:30. Can't say enough to recommend you go if in the area

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

96% Recommend
Mt Zion, IL
“Great food at bargain prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We ate lunch at The S & S Takeout on a trip that took us through Fort Pierce. How I wish we could have taken this restaurant with us to our destination. My wife and I both had a cup of soup and chicken salad that was out of this world. All this for nine dollars and some change. Seating is limited but we were able to dine in on our visit even though it was their busy lunch hour. Many locals were stopping by to pick up carryout lunches and it was evident that they get a great deal of repeat business. A good sign for a successful restaurant. If we ever get close to Fort Pierce again we will be sure to stop at the S & S.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great for take out or eat in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This store front establishment has mainly food prepared for take away but there are few seats to eat there. Everything we tried there was excellent (3visits)--soup, salad, chicken salad, macaroons, entrees. They are open from about 11 to 6 weekdays and post the day's menu on the website each morning.

Visited January 2013
Fort Pierce, Florida
“An Adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

What I like about S&S is that the food is fresh and local. It's mainly a takeout that caters to downtown business people, but is a nice alternative to run of the mill kind of places.
There are a few tables if you want to eat in, but don't go expecting atmosphere. S&S is all about food, and the chef/owner's passion for food speaks volumes.
Another thing I appreciate is that prior to going I can find their menu, which changes daily, on Facebook. Everything I've tried there has been tasty, and fairly close to my own home cooking. I am a retired chef so I am not the easiest to please.
If you're in Fort Pierce, check this little place out, near the railroad tracks.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Macon, Georgia
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Based on other reviews on TripAdvisor, my husband and I recently used our GPS, wound our way into downtown Fort Pierce, FL, and went into the S&S Takeout. What a wonderful find! Upon entering the small establishment, the young man and woman behind the counter greeted us graciously and asked how they could help us. They pointed to their hand printed menu on a chalkboard. Everything looked delicious even though they said some of their offerings were taken down due to its being a Friday evening and at the end of the day.

My husband had the Shepard's Pie: two huge servings that even he had trouble eating. He declared it to be so good. I had an Italian dish whose name escapes me now; it was a mild white fish wrapped around a seasoned mixture, baked and with a sauce over it. The portions were most generous, the food was fresh, and we dined in. As we ate, we continued to "visit" with the couple, who were most kind in their conversations.

My regret is that their desserts were minimal due to almost closing time, so I didn't get anything. Wish I had tried something, though. I know it would have been a winner. So glad we went!

• Visited January 2013