“Exactly what we were looking for” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Akron, Ohio
“Exactly what we were looking for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

While visiting the Treasure Coast in July, 2011, we became obsessed with finding locally-owned eateries that served something other than seafood. We were in the mood for pizza after swimming at the Fort Pierce State Park (beautiful beach!). The Touch of Brooklyn Pizza location we visited was right where the north causeway meets US1, in the shopping plaza with a grocery store. I usually avoid restaurants in strip malls, but I'm glad we didn't avoid this one! The interior was just charming, with hand-painted murals, black tables & benches, and a beautiful wine display. Although the menu contained an extensive list of italian favorites, we opted for the deep-dish sicilian-style pizza with mushrooms, onions, and banana peppers. This pizza was to die for!! I've never been to Italy, Brooklyn, NYC, or anywhere that claims to have authentic sicilian-style pizza, mind you, but I loved every bite of this pizza! On top of a thick but surprisingly light dough was a layer of cheese, then the red sauce, then the veggies. I wasn't pleased that the mushrooms were clearly canned after I was promised that they weren't, that did not spoil the pizza which was perfectly cooked and just delicious. We also got a plain cheese pizza with their brooklyn-style thin crust and that was also quite delicious for a plain cheese pizza. If you go, be sure to get up to the counter upon arrival to order as the staff do not come to the tables to take orders. Loved the small, quaint interior, as well as the delicious food. If I was staying in the area longer, I would go back for another meal!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

60% Recommend
Largo, Florida
“Very Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Small restaurant, clean and well kept. This was our first visit. We ordered Chicken Parmasean and spaghetti with meatballs and sausage. Both came with salad and gsarlic knots. First I would like to say that usually when you get garlic knots at a restaurant they usually come hard and chewy. These were larger then all and light anf fluffy and oh so good. Yum! My chicken parmasean was very tasty, The chicken tender and moist. My husbands spaghetti and meat balls with sausage was very good. The meat ball was large, moist and tender. I was also impressed that the restaurant offered whole wheat pasta and whole wheat dough. I was able to enjoy the whole wheat pasta. Thank you for offering that on your menu!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“So slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011 via mobile

Ever since they opened their second location both the quality and service has suffered at the north location. They where always slow with service but waiting 40 min for a dine in pie when there was only one other table is a bit much.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Pierce
“great pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010 via mobile

Truly authentic NY style pies, good salads, great eggplant pamesan. We get take out often and TOB never disappoints.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere