“The real deal in a dive bar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 12A Buoy

12A Buoy
22 Fisherman's Wharf, Seaway Drive and Indian River Drive, Fort Pierce, FL 34950
(772) 672-4524
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 161 Restaurants in Fort Pierce
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Tennessee
“The real deal in a dive bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I love a dive bar. My definition of a "dive" bar is a small kitchen, fabulous food and hard to easily get a seat. This place did not disappoint. One doesn't come to a place like this for the view, you come to get great food. Our mac-n-lobster did not disappoint and is the very essence of comfort seafood. The yellow snapper was elegantly served with several side choices; I recommend the Ratatouille. Gene, is the perfect barkeep, and his family owned restaurant, i hope, doesn't change a thing.

I'll be back.

West Point, New York
“Beauty is in the eyes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

It's a local spot with a solid food offering. If you want to be glitzy & pampered make another choice. Many refer to a dive bar which is exactly the charm of the place. Good food ,fair price,casual environment,what's wrong with that.

Had mussels cooked perfectly with a tasty sauce,could have used some bread for dipping. Lobster Mac & cheese in the skillet is a do not miss if its your thing. Trout was prepared exceptionally well and sides were as good. The fried grouper sandwich was tender & tasty.

Service was friendly but haphazard & a little inconsistent.

Ottawa
“Great seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We took our early twenties kids out for dinner at the 12A Buoy last week and they loved it. The seafood was great, service is quick and polite. There was little on the menu for those not inclined to seafood. The atmosphere was a little noisy but it was a very upbeat crowd.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Food was good, Atmosphere outside not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stopped in for lunch on the patio, our first time there. The menu is good, my friend and I had grouper sandwich done two ways, one grilled and one crispy. We enjoyed our fish and the french fries, but were disappointed with the so-so casual environment and view. I had seen very good reviews and expected the same. The restaurant is not riverfront, it has a distant waterview at a marina. The patio is kind of low end/neglected, not pretty or comfy. Service was average, not welcoming or friendly, but that's ok.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vero Beach, Florida
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I wish I could agree with previous reviewers, but I can't. The meal we had this evening was average at best. The calamari was greasy and heavily fried. My yellowfin snapper, on a mound of mashed potatoes, was ok, but nothing to write home about. My husband's onion encrusted snapper was also just ok. Neither worth the hefty price. The restaurant serves only beer and wine. With all of the great restaurants in and around Ft. Pierce this one would not be my first recommendation.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere