“Gorgeous ” 5 of 5 stars

5th Night Free!
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
“Gorgeous ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Great staff, beautiful accommodations. We had a great time at Diamond Head. Everyone was friendly and the room was immaculate. Just know, they are trying to sell those time shares, but an hour of our time scored us $150. I do wish the Beach cabana stayed open a later

Stayed July 2014
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Jodi A,
Thank you for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm pleased to know that you had a fantastic time and glad our staff was able to take such great care of you. We really do have the best team on the beach and exceeding your expectations is always our top priority. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Neil Hopgood - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Bourbonnais, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Very nice Gulf-Front hotel! One of the largest buildings in the area. Rooms and service were very good. Staff was fast and helpful. Screened in balconies made it possible to enjoy the waves at night! The in-room kitchenette had all the basics covered so you can save money preparing basic in-room breakfast and lunch. Not huge but the salt water pool was refreshing with a maximum number of sun lounger chairs. Free use of bicycles was a nice plus. I can't say anything bad about our stay! Plenty of available beach activities, restaurants, nightlife and shopping nearby.
If I had to nit pic; hallways are covered but are not air conditioned and are exposed to outside humidity. Elevators are slow. The outside bar closes early during the week. If back in the area I would consider staying again. Over all We were very happy with the hotel!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are gulf VIEW. We stayed in a gulf FRONT room. There are 3 gulf front rooms on e...
Dear Gene C,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to give us your nice review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your room with its screened in balcony, there's nothing like leaving the door open so you can fall asleep to the sound of the waves. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to see you back in the future.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed here the night before and after a ferry trip to Key West. The hotel is OK, but corridors are dark and a bit dank. The rooms (two of them) were suites with plenty of space, and reasonably comfortable beds - but everything was old and tired. The entire place is painted a dull, drab brownish yellow color - rooms, corridors, bar - everything.
This hotel required an upfront deposit against the room costs - 160.65 per room - when I checked in. I was assured that it would be returned as soon as I paid my bill and left. I paid the bill and left, and now, two weeks later, the deposit has still not been returned. There is nowhere on the web site where an email address is provided so I can send them an email to ask about this (I am out of the country right now).
I see many positive reviews about this hotel. I can't see how anyone can rate it more than average at best.
Overall, I won't consider this place again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear PeterD12342014,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We looked into the deposit situation and found everything was credited to your bill like it should have been. We have since contacted you and the misunderstanding has been completely resolved. We are very proud of our excellent reputation and work hard to keep it as one of the best on Fort Myers Beach. Our resort is painted consistently to keep our colors bright and new, especially our tropical beach bar which is decorated with a bright friendly color scheme. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to serve you again in the future.

Ft myers
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Make sure they don't assign you 211 or 311 as there is no view and the noise is ear deafening . We booked four rooms last spring for July. Reception was accommodating and allowed us to check in early. I know why b/c no one was in 211 or 311. We paid full price for all rooms and could not sit on the patio bc of the noise and faint kitchen smell as both of those rooms are over the grill hoods from the restaurant. Our daughter and son in Laws room wasn't ready until 5 pm and they had a toddler and newborn in tow! Their excuse was "the room was left a mess from previous guests" well, THAT is scary! Room service in the summer is limited ( I think they think since we are local, we don't count) as all rooms weren't cleaned until 4 PM during our stay each day. There is no card to indicate to have your room cleaned while you are gone, so they will appear whenever, unsettling, to say the least.

• Stayed July 2014
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Linlnfl,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your review. I do apologize for the outside noise by your room, we would have been happy to of moved you to a better room if there was open availability. We truly do strive to give you the best experience possible. In no way do we treat any guests differently whether local or from out of town, we consider our guests to be like family, that's a big reason why we have guests returning year after year. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to give you a better experience in the future.

Margate, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel was very nice ,right on the beach with the pool just steps from the sand the room we were shown at first on the 3rd floor was okay but I felt they could do better and they upgraded us to a premier room on the 5th floor ,much nicer beautiful view and a large balcony separate bedroom and lovely living room/dinning area
the corridors are a bit dark and the signage could be better but overall I would love to go back
staff were very helpful and the facilities were very good

Room Tip: rooms on the north side would be quieter away from the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Scothamish,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and happy to know our staff did a great job of taking care of you. Your happiness is our top priority. Our upgraded suites are beautiful and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family and I (2adults1child) just had the absolute amazing stay at Diamondhead. First of all, we were greeted by David (bellman) who was not your typical bellman. Very warm, friendly and outgoing. Ready to lend a hand, take our bags and lock them up (we arrived at 1030am and checkin isnt until 3) and show us where to check in and then where to have lunch while we waited for our room. There are 2 restaurants, Chloe and The Cabana. The Cabana sits at the pool (very well shaded) and is 50ft from the sand. Not only breath taking views immediately, but I was offered a Gluten Free Menu. That was great!! I will say this about both restaurants, although the food was amazing, the drinks were amazing and we couldnt have asked for better staff, the restaurants were overpriced (I think thats to be expected). Moving onto our room. AMAZING! The perfect size (since you wont spend much time in it), we had an amazing view of the pool and beach and our room had a huge balcony that had netting. Many of the nights, after my son went to sleep, it was the perfect place for my husband and I and a cold one. One of the features we really enjoyed was the fact that you were given towels for the pool/beach. All you had to do was sign them out (take as many as you need) and return them back at night. That was one less thing I had to worry about packing. There are laundry/vending(pop)/ice machines on every floor. I do think that the 24hr fitness center was talked up a little for what it is. All I can say is this place is a must. We found an amazing deal on expedia and I am so glad that we did. Diamondhead has officially become my family's new vacation destination. Oh and it is very family friendly as well. Lots of activities for the kiddos.

Room Tip: On the sides or beachside will give you a great view. The front of the hotel wont.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Lynn T,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you and your family had a fantastic time. We have the best staff on the beach and they truly do strive to exceed your every expectation. David is the best, he is a great asset to the team. I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed your time at Cabana's Beach Bar and Grille, we have recently completed several renovation projects and we are excited to hear that so many people are loving it. Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you back soon.

Zanesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Was there in August of 2001. Married on Pelican Pier.....enjoyed the beach and hotel very much! Very updated and clean. A lot of activities that include restaurants, bars, etc. If your looking for a oceanfront, updated and very clean hotel..........this is your place! My dad lives in Fort Myers, and this is the only place he stays!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear JaySeven,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm very pleased to hear that you had a fantastic time and enjoyed our beach front location. We have completed several amazing projects on property since the last time you stayed, we would love to have you back so you can experience all of the upgrades. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Neil Hopgood - General Manager

Been to DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!