“Perfect Place!!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2000 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
“Perfect Place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family and I (2adults1child) just had the absolute amazing stay at Diamondhead. First of all, we were greeted by David (bellman) who was not your typical bellman. Very warm, friendly and outgoing. Ready to lend a hand, take our bags and lock them up (we arrived at 1030am and checkin isnt until 3) and show us where to check in and then where to have lunch while we waited for our room. There are 2 restaurants, Chloe and The Cabana. The Cabana sits at the pool (very well shaded) and is 50ft from the sand. Not only breath taking views immediately, but I was offered a Gluten Free Menu. That was great!! I will say this about both restaurants, although the food was amazing, the drinks were amazing and we couldnt have asked for better staff, the restaurants were overpriced (I think thats to be expected). Moving onto our room. AMAZING! The perfect size (since you wont spend much time in it), we had an amazing view of the pool and beach and our room had a huge balcony that had netting. Many of the nights, after my son went to sleep, it was the perfect place for my husband and I and a cold one. One of the features we really enjoyed was the fact that you were given towels for the pool/beach. All you had to do was sign them out (take as many as you need) and return them back at night. That was one less thing I had to worry about packing. There are laundry/vending(pop)/ice machines on every floor. I do think that the 24hr fitness center was talked up a little for what it is. All I can say is this place is a must. We found an amazing deal on expedia and I am so glad that we did. Diamondhead has officially become my family's new vacation destination. Oh and it is very family friendly as well. Lots of activities for the kiddos.

Room Tip: On the sides or beachside will give you a great view. The front of the hotel wont.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Lynn T,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you and your family had a fantastic time. We have the best staff on the beach and they truly do strive to exceed your every expectation. David is the best, he is a great asset to the team. I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed your time at Cabana's Beach Bar and Grille, we have recently completed several renovation projects and we are excited to hear that so many people are loving it. Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you back soon.

Neil Hopgood - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Zanesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Was there in August of 2001. Married on Pelican Pier.....enjoyed the beach and hotel very much! Very updated and clean. A lot of activities that include restaurants, bars, etc. If your looking for a oceanfront, updated and very clean hotel..........this is your place! My dad lives in Fort Myers, and this is the only place he stays!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear JaySeven,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm very pleased to hear that you had a fantastic time and enjoyed our beach front location. We have completed several amazing projects on property since the last time you stayed, we would love to have you back so you can experience all of the upgrades. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed here for a mini-spring break trip to Ft. Myers, and this turned out to be the perfect place to stay. The location was great--near enough to walk or take a short drive to all of the restaurants and shopping, but far enough away that it wasn't crazy. The pool is fantastic, and right on the beach for awesome views. There was a bar/grille right next to the pool and we totally enjoyed having drinks delivered to us while relaxing in lounge chairs. We also ate at the grille one night after staying at the beach all day. The tables were right in the sand, we watched the sunset, and the food was pretty good.The beach is beautiful too. I was impressed with the size of our room, and liked the living area as it was large and included a table and kitchenette. The only thing that stops me from giving this resort 5 stars is that I found the bedroom to be a bit small and dark, and it overlooked the parking lot so we didn't really use the balcony. Maybe if we would have booked sooner though we could have gotten a better one. That being said, this will definitely be the place we stay on any return trips to Ft. Myers!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LadyLee1082,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed our convenient location on Fort Myers Beach. Like you said, we put our guests within walking distance to the entertainment hub of the beach, yet far enough away for peaceful relaxation. I'm also pleased to hear you enjoyed your large one-bedroom suite. Our goal is to always exceed your expectations. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Very pleased with this resort. Took family on a 3 day weekend and loved everything here. Staff was excellent and resort was clean and great views. The beach view was awesome. We are looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Jbyrd60,
Thank you so much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa on beautiful Fort Myers Beach. I'm pleased to hear that you and your family had a wonderful experience and glad our staff did a great job taking care of you. We want every guest to have a truly special experience. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great resort :) being a local to Fort Myers I was aware Diamondhead was a great place to stay. Just exceeded our expectations for the Fourth of July weekend they had availability which was great the
staff and bellhops were excellent, they let us have early check in and late check out
which was fabulous. If you're
looking for five-star on Fort Myers Beach Diamondhead is the place to be !!

• Stayed July 2014
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Kimme3378,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. Nothing makes me happier than knowing we could exceed your expectations. I'm excited to hear that our staff did a great job of taking care of you, we want our guests to feel like family here. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Barefoot Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had family visiting us from Tennessee. They had never been to the Gulf Coast of Florida, and expressed an interest in going there. So....I went to the web, checked out a few places. Then I spotted the DiamondHead Resort in Ft. Myers Beach. I called on Sunday and we reserved two rooms, for Tues and Wed. (since that is all the time we had). The staff was fantastic! They even got us two adjoining rooms! I have Parkinson's, which puts limits on my mobility. The staff was not only professional, but caring and friendly. Which, I might add, reflected in the moods of their many guests. The rooms were lovely, with a wonderful view...the beach, pool, restaurant and lunge staff were fantastic! We had a blast! This was my first visit to DiamondHead, but it won't be my last!

Room Tip: If your going to spend the money on a really great vacation...get a suite a view of the gulf!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Josephine Jill F,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm excited to hear that your first experience with us was a fantastic one. Nothing makes me happier than knowing our staff did a great job of taking care of you and that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Visited in early June and stayed on fifth floor. We had an oceanfront view and paid a decent price for offseason. Every staff member, from the time we got there, to the time we left, was extremely helpful and friendly. As soon as we opened out room, we were greeted with a view of the ocean's horizon. Our room was flawless and was more of a suite than anything else. Bed was comfortable and bathroom, kitchen, living room were spotless. The balcony was beautiful and perfect for relaxing evenings. The pool and hot tubs were nice and very lenient on operating hours. It seemed as if the guests were enjoying themselves responsibly, the pool area was available very late. The beach front tiki bar was convenient and the food and drinks were very good. The restaurant was classy and tasty. The spa was a nice touch and the couples massage was relaxing. The beach access was priceless and made it extremely easy to relax on the beach, stress free, everyday. Hotel is very central to downtown Fort Myers Beach, and is a 3 minute trolley ride and 20 minute walk. The food choices around are vast, and the entertainment just as abundant. I will most definitely be returning to this hotel with friends and family. The trip was perfect, and the hotel was more than expected. Thanks Diamondhead

Stayed June 2014
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear JohnRockwell80,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm excited to hear you had a fantastic time and enjoyed our beach front location. There's nothing like walking into your room for the first time and seeing that view, then waking up to it every morning. Fort Myers Beach truly is a special paradise. I'm also very pleased to hear that our staff did a fantastic job taking care of you. We strive to exceed your expectations at every opportunity. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Neil Hopgood - General Manager

Been to DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!