We had 11 adults (6 rooms) for 6 nights, so there was a great potential for something to go wrong, but all were thrilled with the Diamondhead. We chose the resort since it is has a bar/restaurant, ocean front, large balconies, and easy walk or trolley ride to Times Square. Our 6 rooms covered all views/costs (OF, Pool view, gulf view, premium), and although the updated oceanfront was my favorite, the "cheapest" view was still spectacular.
We arrived at 930 am, so it wasn't surprising that our rooms were not ready. We hopped on the trolley, did some grocery shopping ($5 cab back). We left the groceries with David (bell hop), who refrigerated as needed. While we were eating lunch at Cabana's, we received a call that our room was ready. By the time I went to retrieve our key, David already had bags to our room and groceries unloaded.This was only first example of the wonderful service we experienced all week. Front desk was also great on getting all rooms checked in ASAP.
Although conveniently located to all, we were very happy with the food and drink options onsite. Cabana's was great for lunch or dinner. Music each day from 4-7, view of the beach, and chicken/raspberry salad was a big hit. On check in, there are coupons for free welcome drinks, so make sure to look in your packages.Danielle/Janet/Matt were some of the stand out servers at Cabana's and around the pool.
At Chloe's Lounge, Spike did a great job of handling the group of us. Wednesday night they offer a special on wine and karaoke. We all ordered pizzas which when split by two people, still gave us leftovers for lunch the next day. Karaoke was fun and a few regulars were very good singers.
We ate breakfast outside on deck at Chloe's one morning, but other days just had food in the room (toaster/refrigerator/coffee pot).
We also managed to get all of us together for dinner one evening at Chloe's. We requested Danielle as a server, and food was outstanding. I would suggest getting the grouper chowder to start it off.
Only negatives (and they are few)- the fitness room could be updated and it would be nice to have more umbrellas/shade around the pool.
Location/rooms/facilities are great- service was extraordinary. We will be back; thank you for a great week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa is the premier choice for Fort Myers Beach lodging. It offers 121 one-bedroom suites with a king-size plush pillow top bed, private bath, living room with queen-size sleeper sofa and a fully stocked kitchenette. WiFi internet connection throughout the resort. Enjoy casual dining right on the beach at Cabana's Beach Bar & Grille and upscale dining at Chloes and Chloes Lounge. Amenities include The Esterra Spa & Salon, watersports, two outdoor hot-tubs, heated Gulf-side pool, exercise room, piano bar, private screened balconies and spectacular Gulf of Mexico sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelClick and Hotels.com so you can book your DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamondhead Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Diamondhead Beach Resort
- Diamondhead Resort In Fort Myers Fl
- Diamond Head Beach Resort