“The Best Place to Stay on Ft. Myers Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
5th Night Free!
Ranked #13 of 46 hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Naples, Florida
“The Best Place to Stay on Ft. Myers Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay here. From the moment we pulled in, we were treated like royalty by Rob Green, our Bellman. The girls at the Front Desk were very friendly & helpful. The staff in the Cabana Bar & Chloe's were wonderful, Dylan in particular. Housekeeping was prompt & polite. Our favorite aspect of the facility was the Spa; Be sure to take advantage of this amenity!

Room Tip: Corner Suites are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear SWFLcouple,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm excited to hear that our staff was able to take such good care of you. We truly do have a talented team that enjoys giving our guests lasting memories. I will be sure to pass along your kind words as I know they will greatly appreciate them. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

655 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Miami Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I love Fort Mymers Beach and this resort is the only place to stay. We took our grandaughter and her friend and reserved two connecting suites. They were perfect, great mattresses and pillows, full kitchen, beautiful furnisehed and balconies facing the Gulf. The staff was so friendly, the room attendant was great and the server by the pool was fantastic. He brought our drinks right up to the pool. Vicky at the front desk was outstanding. Of course the beach and Gulf were perfect and nothing beats watching the Sunset. I give this hotel 5 stars, I live in Miami and this is the perfect get away. Thums up to the management and staff.
By the way, we called room service each morning for breakfast and ate on our screened balconly.

Room Tip: Bring casual clothes, nothing fancy and try the food in the resturant, it is unreal
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Jay R,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort! There's nothing like waking up and having breakfast outside on the balcony, it's perfect way to start a day. I'm happy to hear that our staff was able to take great care of you. We truly do strive to give each guest a special experience. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The resort donated a 2 night stay to our local school's silent auction which my family won, so I was impressed with their community spirit before checking in. We arrived on a Friday afternoon and were greeted immediately by the friendly staff. At check in we were upgraded to a gulf/pool view. We had a two room suite with an equipped kitchenette. The bedroom was newly carpeted and had a comfortable king bed with nice linens. My children,11 and 17, slept on a sofabed. Normally this would emit much groaning and complaining. But no, the mattress was very comfortable and both were pleasantly surprised. The bathroom appeared to have also been recently remodeled. One caveat to the tall, the shower head is rather low, but water pressure was good. The patio off our room was quite large with two lounge chairs and a table with four chair and plenty of room to spare! The pool has plenty of chairs and the Cabana restaurant serves tropical drinks and lighter food both in the pool area and under cover in an open-air but pleasantly cool spot overlooking the Gulf. As our stay was in August, weather was HOT. There is no shade except a few umbrellas at pool until late afternoon. The pool was the perfect temperature for cooling off. There were children, but not so many that a couple alone would be disturbed. The beach is beautiful. Chairs under umbrella are available to rent as are jetskis and the like. The resort is walking distance from Time Square where there are shops, entertainment and restaurants. We also had the chance to dine at their upscale restaurant, Chloe's and thoroughly enjoyed it. All in all it was the perfect weekend getaway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Leslie H,
Thank you very much for staying with us and congratulations on winning the silent auction! I'm happy to hear you and your family had a great time and enjoyed your suite. We try to make our guests feel as if they are at their home away from home. I'm glad you enjoyed your dining experiences at Cabanas and Chloes as well! Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

st joseph
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband & I stayed at DiamondHead for four nights. Property is located close to the pier/time square area where there is lots of restaurants and shops. Walkable distance for most people. Staff was all very friendly. A bellhop is not always available when you arrive later in the day. I asked the front desk for a luggage cart, she called maintence. A very friendly gentleman showed up and assisted us with a cart. He helped us to our room with all our supplies. Our room was beach front. We had a large screened balcony with a table, chairs and loungers. The room is a living room with sofa sleeper, chair, cocktail table, high top dining table and kitchenette(sm fridge, microwave, dish washer, coffee pot, toaster, basic plates, cups & flatware). The bedroom had a king bed with tv. The bathroom is accessible from the bedroom or living room. Nice size bath with tub/shower. Rooms were always well cleaned. There was room renovation on the floor above us. Noise didn't start till 9am so it was bearable. Negatives: our room was looking in need of renovation. The carpet was clean but, had a few stains. The bathroom caulk was cracked & pulling from the wall. The bed mattress was needing replaced. I slept fine, but it reminded me of bedding most motels used in the past. The worst thing was the sofa sleeper. It was very worn. Parts of the fabric was loose from the structure. When I sat on it to watch TV, my body tilted forward and to the middle. After an hour of sitting, it caused my back to hurt. Positives: good location sitting close to the shoreline. Nice pool. Restaurant and outdoor bar(didn't use either). Perfect size room. Room key was great, you only had to hold your key to the lock. No swiping and re-swiping to get into your room. Rooms were clean. I believe they are working on renovating all rooms. A ceiling fan in the bedroom would be a nice addition. The pros out weigh the cons. I would stay here again.

Saint Francis, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I took our first vacation alone in 15 years and we couldn't have been more pleased with Diamondhead Resort. We received wonderful customer service the moment we arrived. Everyone there was very helpful and personable. The room was fabulous! Great view of the Gulf and very clean. I also need to add that the food here was the best we ever had at a resort or hotel and that is not easy to find. We will definitely be returning to Diamondhead in the future and was very pleased to find out they also have a location in Daytona as we love Daytona Beach as well. Thank you Diamondhead for making our vacation such a wonderful one!

Room Tip: Definitely spend the extra for a beach front room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Stephanie S.
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your review. I'm excited to hear that you and your husband had a wonderful time and that our staff was able to take great care of you. We truly do strive to give each guest a special experience during their stay at DiamondHead Beach Resort. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Okay, I'll start off with my only knock on it: it's in Ft. Myers Beach, an insanely low-key type of town that was not my scene (but could be yours!). Besides that though, everyone was nice, especially Mike in Parking, and I had no issues whatsoever. Our room was always clean, and we got upgraded to the beachview which was nice. It's in walking distance to a lot of areas, and the pool and beach were nice (except for the lake runoff that haunted our trip). This place was pretty cool, and if for some reason I found myself back here, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear MainCanePlane,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy to hear our staff was able to take such good care of you. We truly do strive to give each guest a special experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your upgrade to our beach view suites, the Gulf water is starting to clear up a bit now as well. Thank you again and if you do happen to find yourself on Fort Myers Beach in the future we would love to serve you again.

Warwick, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

well we went back to diamond head and I must say I was disappointed this year. The friendly man at the desk when you walk in was gone, who knows who was there is time you never really seen him or if he was there his head was buried in a paper. Room service was ok but we were missing $40, and Vinny with money there was no mistake it was gone! The ocean was brown (we could get that at home) so we opted for the pool. Kids jumping in the pool every couple seconds doesn't make a fun pool stay along with having floats in the pool takes up people room. The bar tender Spike was great and makes a wonderful drink! The thought the food was very good. Needless to say next year we will not be going back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Penny M,
Thank you for coming back to stay with us again and for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry you didn't receive the same type of quality you received on your first visit. I can assure you our entire staff goes out of their way to give each guest a special experience. That type of amazing service has kept us ranked as one of the top hotels on Fort Myers Beach. I would like to invite you back so that we can give you the same high quality experience you had the first time.

Neil Hopgood - General Manager

Been to DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!