The resort donated a 2 night stay to our local school's silent auction which my family won, so I was impressed with their community spirit before checking in. We arrived on a Friday afternoon and were greeted immediately by the friendly staff. At check in we were upgraded to a gulf/pool view. We had a two room suite with an equipped kitchenette. The bedroom was newly carpeted and had a comfortable king bed with nice linens. My children,11 and 17, slept on a sofabed. Normally this would emit much groaning and complaining. But no, the mattress was very comfortable and both were pleasantly surprised. The bathroom appeared to have also been recently remodeled. One caveat to the tall, the shower head is rather low, but water pressure was good. The patio off our room was quite large with two lounge chairs and a table with four chair and plenty of room to spare! The pool has plenty of chairs and the Cabana restaurant serves tropical drinks and lighter food both in the pool area and under cover in an open-air but pleasantly cool spot overlooking the Gulf. As our stay was in August, weather was HOT. There is no shade except a few umbrellas at pool until late afternoon. The pool was the perfect temperature for cooling off. There were children, but not so many that a couple alone would be disturbed. The beach is beautiful. Chairs under umbrella are available to rent as are jetskis and the like. The resort is walking distance from Time Square where there are shops, entertainment and restaurants. We also had the chance to dine at their upscale restaurant, Chloe's and thoroughly enjoyed it. All in all it was the perfect weekend getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa is the premier choice for Fort Myers Beach lodging. It offers 121 one-bedroom suites with a king-size plush pillow top bed, private bath, living room with queen-size sleeper sofa and a fully stocked kitchenette. WiFi internet connection throughout the resort. Enjoy casual dining right on the beach at Cabana's Beach Bar & Grille and upscale dining at Chloes and Chloes Lounge. Amenities include The Esterra Spa & Salon, watersports, two outdoor hot-tubs, heated Gulf-side pool, exercise room, piano bar, private screened balconies and spectacular Gulf of Mexico sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamondhead Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Diamondhead Beach Resort
- Diamondhead Resort In Fort Myers Fl
- Diamond Head Beach Resort