“Insanely Nice Staff” 5 of 5 stars

5th Night Free!
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
“Insanely Nice Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Okay, I'll start off with my only knock on it: it's in Ft. Myers Beach, an insanely low-key type of town that was not my scene (but could be yours!). Besides that though, everyone was nice, especially Mike in Parking, and I had no issues whatsoever. Our room was always clean, and we got upgraded to the beachview which was nice. It's in walking distance to a lot of areas, and the pool and beach were nice (except for the lake runoff that haunted our trip). This place was pretty cool, and if for some reason I found myself back here, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear MainCanePlane,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy to hear our staff was able to take such good care of you. We truly do strive to give each guest a special experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your upgrade to our beach view suites, the Gulf water is starting to clear up a bit now as well. Thank you again and if you do happen to find yourself on Fort Myers Beach in the future we would love to serve you again.

Neil Hopgood - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Warwick, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

well we went back to diamond head and I must say I was disappointed this year. The friendly man at the desk when you walk in was gone, who knows who was there is time you never really seen him or if he was there his head was buried in a paper. Room service was ok but we were missing $40, and Vinny with money there was no mistake it was gone! The ocean was brown (we could get that at home) so we opted for the pool. Kids jumping in the pool every couple seconds doesn't make a fun pool stay along with having floats in the pool takes up people room. The bar tender Spike was great and makes a wonderful drink! The thought the food was very good. Needless to say next year we will not be going back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Penny M,
Thank you for coming back to stay with us again and for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry you didn't receive the same type of quality you received on your first visit. I can assure you our entire staff goes out of their way to give each guest a special experience. That type of amazing service has kept us ranked as one of the top hotels on Fort Myers Beach. I would like to invite you back so that we can give you the same high quality experience you had the first time.

pittsburgh, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Diamondhead!! The staff was all so friendly! Only issue that I had was the 200 hold they want to place on your card. I had no plans on charging anything to my room as I had cash planned out for every thing. The restaurant there had great food too that you could sit down at or order by pool to eat. The room we had was pool view and gulf view! Room was always clean all staff was nice! Lots of optional kid activities at pool!! We won a beach towel playing bingo. Great location too!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear ynljrl,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm excited to hear our staff was able to take such good care of you. We truly do strive to give each guest a memorable experience. Sounds like you had a great time by the pool with good food and fun activities! Guest happiness is our number one priority. Thank you again and we hope to see you back real soon.

Pewaukee, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Diamondhead beach and resorts views are wonderful! The screened in balcony is a great place to relax and have breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The bed was comfortable and it was nice to have two rooms within the hotel room. However, don't be fooled by the pictures posted online. The hotel has converted a few floors into time shares. Those are the pictures of the newly renovated timeshares. The room we stayed in was very old and not updated. It did not have a stove cooktop and the bathroom was old and outdated. The shower was so small that my husband had to duck to wash his hair. The grout in the tiles looked dirty and the sink was rusty and gross. Also, the newly renovated timeshares did not update the showers and this is one of the reasons we did not purchase a timeshare here. When you look at the pictures you'll notice they don't show the showerhead.That is because they are not updated and gross. Overall we had a great experience at the diamondhead. We just feel a beachfront property would update the rooms fully, including the small showers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mary Jo D,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Yes, we do have a couple floors that are dedicated to the Vacation Club program, but we do have upgraded rooms that are not part of the Vacation Club as well. Also we are about ready to start at major room renovation project that will keep us positioned as one of the top resorts on Fort Myers Beach. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon!

Richmond Hill, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Simply put, the DiamondHead Beach Resort and Spa has allowed my family and me to enjoy the perfect vacation in Ft. Myers Beach, FL. The accommodations are nicely appointed, all having views of the Gulf of Mexico. The food in Chloe’s and the Cabana was great as were the beverages. Ultimately, any resort can give you a nice place to sleep and good food. What sets the DiamondHead Beach Resort apart is the people. David and Mike in Guest Services went out of their way to arrange golf for me and another resort guest. They were quick with recommendations for dinner outside the resort. Matt and Kirby at Holiday Water Sports were great and did an outstanding job with the chairs and umbrellas, waverunner dolphin tour, and waverunner rentals. The Waverunner Dolphin tour is definitely a must do. Last but definitely not least, the entire staff at the Cabana gets huge thumbs up. Attentive service in the outdoor bar area and at the pool made this the perfect spot to be after golf, sunbathing, and water-sports. Definitely make DiamondHead Resort and Ft. Myers Beach the choice for your next vacation… Or in our case, annual vacation.

Dear Matt P,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm thrilled to hear you had a great time and that it was our wonderful staff that made the difference for you. We truly do strive to give each guest a special experience and I'm glad we could do that for you. I will be sure to pass along your kind review to the staff, I know they great appreciate it. Thank you again and we hope to serve you again in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you are looking for an nice relaxing vacation for the family, Diamondhead beach resort is highly recommended. My wife and 13yr old daughter spent 5 great nights at Diamondhead. We were well received with our early check-in (10:30am) and beautiful room on the 12th floor over looking the Gulf of Mexico. The resort offers jet ski rentals, parasailing, close to shops and resturaunts. The absolute perfect vacation we have taking a long time. We typically go to Virginia Beach but wanted to try something new, and DiamondHead Resort has it beat. Thank you Diamondhead resort for a wonderful time!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Greenmikeb,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad to hear your Fort Myers Beach vacation was everything you had hoped for and I'm happy we could be a part of it. We strive to give each guest a fantastic experience and I'm happy we could do that for you. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for one night. I am ready to go back. It is the best hotel on Ft. Myers beach. Very clean rooms. Very roomy, nice kitchen and seating area. Our room had 2 TVs!! Nice pool side bar. Great beach area. Most places are within walking distance. Only upset was that the spa wasnt open on a saturday afternoon or sunday...wish it was.They give you coupons at check in! Enjoy!

Dear mratty,
Thank you very much for staying with us. We wish you could have stayed longer as well! I'm glad you found the rooms to be perfect for your needs. We try to make our guests feel as if they are at their home away from home. Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. Please come back and see us soon!

Neil Hopgood - General Manager

Been to DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!