“Super Hotel! Excellent Location!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
5th Night Free!
Ranked #12 of 46 hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Versailles, Ohio
“Super Hotel! Excellent Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for six nights at DiamondHead Resort along with friends of ours. We had a wonderful stay, topped off with wonderful weather. The rooms were nicely arranged with a small kitchenette. The bedroom was very spacious with a connecting bath that was nice and roomy. The only fault with the bathroom is that the shower head is quite low. The family we travelled with had a 6'5" gentleman that could barely fit in the shower and the shower spray hit him in the chest. The beds were extremely comfortable and we had great sleep the whole week. The beach was absolutely beautiful. Loved that the pool and beach were close together. Little awkward that you had to walk through the pool bar/dining area to get to the pool or beach. The staff were all very courteous and helpful. We ate at the pool one day for lunch and the food was very good and reasonable priced. We also loved that the hotel was in walking distance to local bars and restaurants! A place that the hotel suggested just down the street called Chucks Last Stop was absolutely amazing! YUM! Some of the best food we ever ate!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear huffy22,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy to hear you had a great time and enjoyed your room, the beach, and the on-site dining. We also love Chucks Last Stop, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon.

640 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I just finished my second visit at Diamond Head. I was greeted by a smiling employee named "Vicki" who remembered me from my visit last year. Even though I was ridiculously early for Check in, Vicki took great care of me and helped me find the location of my meeting, and then she called me when my room was ready.

During our meeting food and beverages were provided, buffet style. Everything was fresh and just the right temperature. Plates were cleared quickly and in a way that did not disturb the meeting. There were times I noticed my water glass had magically been refilled and was frankly stunned at how smoothly the Diamond Head staff operates!

My room was one of the “Club” rooms. It was a corner suite with a full view of the beach. Our balcony was outfitted with lounge chairs and a table for four that may husband and I really enjoyed our coffee at. Inside, we had a breakfast bar, microwave, mini-fridge, stove top and anything I could think of needing to cook or bake, a comfy sleeper sofa and flat screen TV in the main dining/living space, our bedroom was HUGE and the bed was incredibly comfy. Our bathroom had plenty of space for me to spread out my make up, too, which was a huge plus. In short, the room was heavenly! I could definitely see wanting to become an “owner” at some point.

We were part of a very large party for dinner, and our waitress “Robin” made us all feel like we were the most important person in the room. I don’t know how she managed it! I am vegan—which is normally a pain when it comes to eating out, but Robin helped me to design a meal that I would love in no-time-flat. I’ve never had that experience before and I’m so grateful to her and the chef!

When it was time to check out, I have to admit we didn’t want to leave. Diamond Head seems to have mastered the personal, welcoming feel one would expect from a high-end bed and breakfast and married that exceptional personal touch with all of the best amenities once would expect from a 5-Star Resort. I look forward to my next trip!

Room Tip: Definitely go with the beach front rooms!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear KRG_13,
Thank you so much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort and for giving us such a wonderful review. I can't thank you enough for all your kind words and I will be sure to pass along your review to our staff, I know they will appreciate it. We strive to give each guest a special experience and I'm glad we could do that for you. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back soon!

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Once again a relaxing stay. The staff are all top-notch, great food, spectacular view from the 12th floor. Family oriented! After spending 12 day's traveling around Florida on business it's always wonderful to end the jaunt at the Diamond Head Resort ... Always my favorite! We often overlook the best things that are in our backyard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Jay A,
Thank you very much for staying with us again at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy we could give you the relaxation you need after your Florida business travel schedule. I'm glad you enjoyed the 12th floor view, there's nothing like waking up to the view of the Gulf. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Cape Coral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great location......within steps of the gulf...just a few blocks from the square and pier....Great view of beach.......Professional staff........Excellent food reasonably priced......pool and spa within steps of beach............Perfect....perfect....perfect.......I will be back.........

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our family comes to the beach several times a year and we always stay at Diamond head. The staff is superb and atmosphere is so relaxing. We had dinner with colleagues at Cloes and loved it! Everyone left full and extremly satisfied! Lots of activities for the kids and walking distance to Fort Myers beach Time square and the peir! I hope you love it as much as we do!

• Stayed June 2013
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Cowgirlspecial1,
Thank you so very much for staying with us over the years. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your recent experience at Chloes and that our staff was able to take good care of you. We strive to make sure each guest has a fantastic time. Thank you again and we hope to see you back in the future.

Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stay at Diamondhead several times a year on Ft. Myers Beach. The resort is wonderful, right on the beach with great accomodations and great service. The pool area is fantastic and Cabana's (the pool bar and grill) is great. The food is outstanding and always freash. Reasonably priced as well. Janet, our waitress all week wasw absolutely wonderful. Very attentive and always made sure our glasses were always full. She anticipated our needs very well. We go to Diamondhead as a staycation since we live nearby, and everytime we have had Janet as our waitress she has been wonderful. Kudo's to Diamondhead for having such a friendly, fantastic server!!!! Can't wait for our next visit!!!!

Room Tip: Have Janet serve your drinks and food!!! She is quick and never get's it wrong!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Melanie C,
Thank you very much for choosing DiamondHead Beach Resort as the location for your staycation and coming back time and time again. I'm so happy we can continue to give you a fantastic experience. Janet is the best! I will be sure to pass along your kind words, I know she will appreciate them. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have stayed in Fort Myers a few times this was the first time at the Diamondhead. We booked through Virgin this time and were not disappointed. Its very easy to criticize any hotel, there will always be some small fault. From the helpful staff at check in, to the view from our room it got the wow you want from a holiday The room had everything you need for a great stay. I would not hesitate to stay there again, oh and the fault, you have to pay for the loungers on the beach . A small price to pay for a week to remember Thank you

Room Tip: We chose a high floor and were not disappointed
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Margaret H,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff strives to give each guest a special experience and I'm glad we could do that for you. Please come back and see us again soon!

Neil Hopgood - General Manager

Been to DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!