“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 46 hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I just finished my second visit at Diamond Head. I was greeted by a smiling employee named "Vicki" who remembered me from my visit last year. Even though I was ridiculously early for Check in, Vicki took great care of me and helped me find the location of my meeting, and then she called me when my room was ready.

During our meeting food and beverages were provided, buffet style. Everything was fresh and just the right temperature. Plates were cleared quickly and in a way that did not disturb the meeting. There were times I noticed my water glass had magically been refilled and was frankly stunned at how smoothly the Diamond Head staff operates!

My room was one of the “Club” rooms. It was a corner suite with a full view of the beach. Our balcony was outfitted with lounge chairs and a table for four that may husband and I really enjoyed our coffee at. Inside, we had a breakfast bar, microwave, mini-fridge, stove top and anything I could think of needing to cook or bake, a comfy sleeper sofa and flat screen TV in the main dining/living space, our bedroom was HUGE and the bed was incredibly comfy. Our bathroom had plenty of space for me to spread out my make up, too, which was a huge plus. In short, the room was heavenly! I could definitely see wanting to become an “owner” at some point.

We were part of a very large party for dinner, and our waitress “Robin” made us all feel like we were the most important person in the room. I don’t know how she managed it! I am vegan—which is normally a pain when it comes to eating out, but Robin helped me to design a meal that I would love in no-time-flat. I’ve never had that experience before and I’m so grateful to her and the chef!

When it was time to check out, I have to admit we didn’t want to leave. Diamond Head seems to have mastered the personal, welcoming feel one would expect from a high-end bed and breakfast and married that exceptional personal touch with all of the best amenities once would expect from a 5-Star Resort. I look forward to my next trip!

Room Tip: Definitely go with the beach front rooms!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear KRG_13,
Thank you so much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort and for giving us such a wonderful review. I can't thank you enough for all your kind words and I will be sure to pass along your review to our staff, I know they will appreciate it. We strive to give each guest a special experience and I'm glad we could do that for you. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back soon!

657 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Once again a relaxing stay. The staff are all top-notch, great food, spectacular view from the 12th floor. Family oriented! After spending 12 day's traveling around Florida on business it's always wonderful to end the jaunt at the Diamond Head Resort ... Always my favorite! We often overlook the best things that are in our backyard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Jay A,
Thank you very much for staying with us again at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy we could give you the relaxation you need after your Florida business travel schedule. I'm glad you enjoyed the 12th floor view, there's nothing like waking up to the view of the Gulf. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Cape Coral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great location......within steps of the gulf...just a few blocks from the square and pier....Great view of beach.......Professional staff........Excellent food reasonably priced......pool and spa within steps of beach............Perfect....perfect....perfect.......I will be back.........

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our family comes to the beach several times a year and we always stay at Diamond head. The staff is superb and atmosphere is so relaxing. We had dinner with colleagues at Cloes and loved it! Everyone left full and extremly satisfied! Lots of activities for the kids and walking distance to Fort Myers beach Time square and the peir! I hope you love it as much as we do!

• Stayed June 2013
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Cowgirlspecial1,
Thank you so very much for staying with us over the years. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your recent experience at Chloes and that our staff was able to take good care of you. We strive to make sure each guest has a fantastic time. Thank you again and we hope to see you back in the future.

Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stay at Diamondhead several times a year on Ft. Myers Beach. The resort is wonderful, right on the beach with great accomodations and great service. The pool area is fantastic and Cabana's (the pool bar and grill) is great. The food is outstanding and always freash. Reasonably priced as well. Janet, our waitress all week wasw absolutely wonderful. Very attentive and always made sure our glasses were always full. She anticipated our needs very well. We go to Diamondhead as a staycation since we live nearby, and everytime we have had Janet as our waitress she has been wonderful. Kudo's to Diamondhead for having such a friendly, fantastic server!!!! Can't wait for our next visit!!!!

Room Tip: Have Janet serve your drinks and food!!! She is quick and never get's it wrong!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Melanie C,
Thank you very much for choosing DiamondHead Beach Resort as the location for your staycation and coming back time and time again. I'm so happy we can continue to give you a fantastic experience. Janet is the best! I will be sure to pass along your kind words, I know she will appreciate them. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have stayed in Fort Myers a few times this was the first time at the Diamondhead. We booked through Virgin this time and were not disappointed. Its very easy to criticize any hotel, there will always be some small fault. From the helpful staff at check in, to the view from our room it got the wow you want from a holiday The room had everything you need for a great stay. I would not hesitate to stay there again, oh and the fault, you have to pay for the loungers on the beach . A small price to pay for a week to remember Thank you

Room Tip: We chose a high floor and were not disappointed
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Margaret H,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff strives to give each guest a special experience and I'm glad we could do that for you. Please come back and see us again soon!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at the hotel a few years ago and was hoping the trip would live up to the same experience we had last time- and it did! The hotel is RIGHT on the beach (so that for those with small children, you can take your children to the bathroom in your room, it's that convenient.) The pool is also right on the beach and it is a great place for everyone in the family to swim and relax. I enjoyed the fact that you can rent umbrellas and chairs and charge it to your room. The dining facilities - especially at the very casual and "beachy" Cabanas"- are great for kids and adults. The water in the Gulf is very calm so we had no problem with the little kids swimming. All in all, another wonderful trip to the beach at Diamondhead!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Asistlouis,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us again. I'm glad we could give you the same great experience you had the first time you stayed at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed dining at Cabanas Beach Bar and found the beach and pool relaxing. Our staff strives to give each guest a special/relaxing experience during their stay. I'm glad we could do that for you. Thank you again, please come back and see us soon!

Neil Hopgood - General Manager

Been to DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!