We stayed at Diamondhead 3/17/13-3/20/13 and had a fantastic time. The suite (11th floor, beach view) was super clean and very comfortable. The view was gorgeous. The balcony is quite private and screened in. The screen mars the view ever so slightly but probably deters pelicans from hanging out on your patio furniture. It was extremely quiet up on the 11th floor, heard no "spring break" noise or anything, just the sound of the waves. The pool area is great: heated pool and two hot tubs. The other guests were all couples (mostly 30's or older, very few college kids unless they were there with their parents) and families. Cabanas, the poolside bar, was great! Not a huge menu but decent for daytime beach food (salad, snacks, burgers, sandwiches) and they have a great selection of drinks. The waitstaff serves the pool area so someone will bring you a daiquiri without you having to leave your chair! Also, the pool is for registered guests only and you can sign out towels for free. You can also rent chairs/umbrellas on the beach for $25 a day. Seems pricey to me, but since the gulf breeze was strong while we were there we stayed in the pool area for sunning ourselves. You still have a view of the beach, but are slightly protected from the wind. The beach is clean and groomed. If you walk about a 1/4 mile towards town (on the beach), you hit more of a spring break area, much less refined than the Diamondhead. The people-watching there is great, but I'm really glad not to be sharing a resort with the more rowdy spring break crowd. All the staff we encountered were great: friendly, helpful and professional. Had drinks at Chloe's lounge, but never ate in Chloe's restaurant. We preferred to walk to the Times Square area to eat. It's an easy walk to town (0.6 miles) for bars, restaurants, and souvenirs. The traffic on Estero Blvd. can be tiresome, much faster to walk unless you are headed out of the area, so plan for that. Also, if you walk a few blocks to the right leaving the resort, you will get to a small supermarket which is great for breakfast foods or snacks or whatever to keep in your room. We had never stayed at the Diamond Head Beach Resort before and don't know anyone who has, we just saw it online and it looked nice. We were so pleased with our experience there. I would highly recommend it. Several people actually suggested we'd be better off in Sanibel or Naples. We liked Fort Myers Beach because it's close to the airport and, unlike Naples, we could be directly on the beach. Also, unlike Sanibel, there were no minimum stays (we could only do 3 nights). I found this resort to be more affordable than many on Sanibel and in the Naples area anyway. Literally, the only critique I really have is that I wish the bathroom had a towel bar. There aren't enough places to hang wet towels or suits in the bathroom. One other minor thing was a bit of a discrepancy in the eco-conscious approach. While there are the usual "go green" signs in the suite about hanging towels up to reuse them or leaving them on the floor to replace them and a sign to put on you're okay with housekeeping just making your bed instead of changing the linens everyday, the maid loaded 2 spoons, 2 mugs, 1 glass, and 1 plate into the dishwasher and ran it on an hour+ cycle! I'd have washed them myself, but hadn't gotten to it yet. You'd think with such a tiny amount of dishes she'd just take the 3 minutes to wash them, seemed crazy and not at all environmentally friendly to run a dishwasher cycle for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa is the premier choice for Fort Myers Beach lodging. It offers 121 one-bedroom suites with a king-size plush pillow top bed, private bath, living room with queen-size sleeper sofa and a fully stocked kitchenette. WiFi internet connection throughout the resort. Enjoy casual dining right on the beach at Cabana's Beach Bar & Grille and upscale dining at Chloes and Chloes Lounge. Amenities include The Esterra Spa & Salon, watersports, two outdoor hot-tubs, heated Gulf-side pool, exercise room, piano bar, private screened balconies and spectacular Gulf of Mexico sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Priceline so you can book your DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamondhead Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Diamondhead Beach Resort
- Diamondhead Resort In Fort Myers Fl
- Diamond Head Beach Resort