Had some problems at check in as the Travel Agent and Hotel had some disagreement and I was told by the hotel that my booking did not exist. I was told I would have to pay again when checked in. However after contacting the Travel Agency they had a discussion with the hotel and everything was resolved.
I had prepaid for the hotel through the travel agent and the cost was aprox £100 per night.
The rooms are exactly as advertised on their website, very good with a suite, kitchenette and high quality TV's etc. I was in a Gulf View and the view was fabulous.
The pool area is very good and the beach bar was good value and the service was excellent
No charge for parking in the complex and always plenty of space.
The hotel had numerous strong points, but the location was excellent, right on the beach but close enough to walk into the Times Square area for eatteries etc so we were not reliant on the car.
With regards to the area the only issue I noticed and this is not a fault of the hotel, the road network clearly cannot cope with the demand. So accessing / leaving the island when the weather is nice can be tedious. We arrived on a very nice day and it took us around 25 mins to get to the hotel as the traffic was horrendous. This was not a problem as the island is fairly self sufficient so we just didn't use the car.
The bars and restaurants in the area were very good, especially the Yucatan.
I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat and if we venture to Florida again this will be somewhere we will surely visit again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa is the premier choice for Fort Myers Beach lodging. It offers 121 one-bedroom suites with a king-size plush pillow top bed, private bath, living room with queen-size sleeper sofa and a fully stocked kitchenette. WiFi internet connection throughout the resort. Enjoy casual dining right on the beach at Cabana's Beach Bar & Grille and upscale dining at Chloes and Chloes Lounge. Amenities include The Esterra Spa & Salon, watersports, two outdoor hot-tubs, heated Gulf-side pool, exercise room, piano bar, private screened balconies and spectacular Gulf of Mexico sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TravelClick, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamondhead Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Diamondhead Beach Resort
- Diamondhead Resort In Fort Myers Fl
- Diamond Head Beach Resort