My boyfriend and I are in our late 20s/early 30s and wanted somewhere relaxing to celebrate our one year anniversary, rather than the typical party scene found in Vegas/Miami, and could not have been happier w/The Diamondhead. Cleanliness was our #1 priority and we were not disappointed. The maid service comes 2x a day and are constantly observed to be scrubbing the floors/walls to keep everything clean. They even give you a call every day to see if there's anything else you need before they leave for the day! The beaches, pool, and common areas are also very cleanly. We stayed in a one bedroom king suite on the 8th floor and had a beautiful sunset view each night. The balcony is huge: has a table w/chairs and 2 lounge chairs as well. All of the staff were really friendly. Jay the bellman had really good tips for local sites, as did John, who rents the jet skis. We took a dolphin tour w/John on the jet skis and it was like nothing I've ever experienced: dolphins, manatees, sea turtles, and hammer head sharks within touching distance. The beach at the Diamondhead was also much more enjoyable than the overrated Sanibel Island or Lover's Key, both of which are covered in shell fragments and dead sea creatures. However, we did have fun searching for shells on Lover's Key and would highly recommend that. Personally, I'd skip Sanibel Island, it wasn't worth the $60 cab ride, but if you do go, stop @ Pinocchio's ice cream near the lighthouse. Other food faves included the fries, clam strips, and jerk chicken pineapple quesadillas @ the Diamondhead pool bar, Volcano rolls @ Chuck's, the food/drink @ The Beached Whale, and crab legs @ the Oyster Brewery. The ambiance at Mantanza's was nice, but the food was gross. Overall, we were very pleased...if you're looking for a party nightlife, FMB isn't it, but if you're lookin to relax w/food and drinks on the beach or a nice rooftop, you won't be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa is the premier choice for Fort Myers Beach lodging. It offers 121 one-bedroom suites with a king-size plush pillow top bed, private bath, living room with queen-size sleeper sofa and a fully stocked kitchenette. WiFi internet connection throughout the resort. Enjoy casual dining right on the beach at Cabana's Beach Bar & Grille and upscale dining at Chloes and Chloes Lounge. Amenities include The Esterra Spa & Salon, watersports, two outdoor hot-tubs, heated Gulf-side pool, exercise room, piano bar, private screened balconies and spectacular Gulf of Mexico sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TravelClick, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamondhead Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Diamondhead Beach Resort
- Diamondhead Resort In Fort Myers Fl
- Diamond Head Beach Resort