“Diamondhead resort hotel , Fort Myers Florida” 5 of 5 stars

DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2000 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
New York City, New York
“Diamondhead resort hotel , Fort Myers Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Soothing warm waters await you at this fabulous resort hotel that's on the beach. The suites are immaculate fully equipped with all utensils needed to cook. Beautiful modern flat screen T.V.
Sit at your porch and enjoy fresh breezes of the ocean water after you get a massage hair cut and manicure at the spa located on the second floor. On the ground floor enjoy a comfty jacuzzi and pool with a lemon martini. There are so many little shops and tasty restaurants on the beach.Country music and artsy bars. Go take a ride on the beach with your rented bike. Have tasty fish tacos across the street from the hotel. And if your still hungry enjoy the Diamondhead restaurant for lunch and dinner. The steak is scrumptous. I stayed on the ninth floor of this hotel and the view is magnificent. We expected the hurricane to come by last week and it just passed us by. Unfortunately the whole hotel was forced to evacuate due to the possibility of flooding at this beach. The bridge to enter and exit this beach was closed down. So don't stay at Fort Myers if you think that a storm or hurricane is on it's way.The staff here is very helpful but remember that this place is very relaxed and if you need your clothes dry cleaned over night forget it because it takes them at least three days before they send your clothes out. You must remind them that they have your clothes to take out otherwise it will never get cleaned. Oh well you can't have it all. Other than that this place is gorgeous wish I were there now.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a nice view. You can get snacks at the pool which is located at the ground floor...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear si,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our DiamondHead Beach Resort property regarding your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you and your family enjoyed the total experience we offer including our resort amenities, the beach, our local area shops and your suite's amenities too.

Our staff takes great pride in the high level of customer service and products we offer and we truly look forward to serving you on your next visit to Fort Myers Beach.

Neil Hopgood, General Manager
DiamondHead Beach Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

You wouldn't have known there was a threat of a tropical storm if you didn't hear it all over the news although there were many signs on our last day(clearing of the beach of all items that could be moved by wind and storm surge, movement of outside cabana to safer area and the stacking of outside furniture). It was comforting that the resort kept guests informed as to how they would be operating in case of emergency. The resort continued scheduled activities as usual weather permitting even with a much reduced sighting of guests. They lounge provided guests (6) with some good piano entertainment in the evening. We did all our dining within the resort. Our dinner meal (delmonico steak) was just marginal and would opt for other choices if we were to stay again. The outside cabana had great choices for lunch and the breakfast special was excellent. The hotel is within steps of the beach.

Room Tip: The resort did offer a spa but we did not use it. The beach front view was simply perfect and we enj...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear jan34746,

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay at our DiamondHead Beach Resort property.We are happy to hear of your satisfaction and comfort regarding our tropical storm threat, Isaac.

My staff and I pride ourselves in taking all the proper steps and safety procedures to ensure each and every guest stays well informed and is kept completely safe during our seasonal weather conditions.

i am also glad you enjoyed our resort's scheduled activities as well as our breakfast and Cabanas Bar & Grill dining options. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you again in the very near future.

General Manager, DiamondHead Beach Resort
West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Found rooms to be exactly what was pictured on website. Very clean rooms and public areas. Perfect beach location. Hurricane Issac was coming in and staff had to close hotel and have people evacuate the barrier islands. We were planning to leave anyway but witnessed staff helping people book a room inland, calling for taxis. These people I am sure wanted to get home to secure their own homes and families but you would never have known as they were very professional.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed in Diamond Head hotel last 2011 August for a week and were overall very happy with the resort. The pool was nice and clean and the beach was right by the hotel. The beach was also kept clean by the resort. Many restaurants were at walking distance from the hotel which made that a big plus. We dined at the breakfast brunch and were happy with the quality of food. We did order room service the first day and the food was overpriced but atleast tasted good :-). We had an ocean view room with a pretty big balcony on the 11th floor I think. I do feel that the spa in the hotel is not that great - they will try to coax you to spend more than you feel like spending.
Overall we had no complaints about the hotel staff and management - there was a real fire alarm during our stay and everything was managed smoothly during that time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear via62,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our DiamondHead Beach Resort property regarding your recent stay. It is great to know you enjoyed your room, resort amenities and our beach location.

My staff and I also wish to thank you for your comments and observations regarding our actions during the approach of Hurricane Isaac. We pride ourselves in the fact that each and every guest's comfort and safety are always the first priority when we are experiencing storm conditions.

Our management and staff are extensively trained in the proper procedures to follow when we experience changes in our local weather conditions, quickly taking the steps to ensure we secure the safety of all our guests and entire staff as well.

We look forward to serving you again in the very near future on your next visit to Fort Myers Beach.

Lindenhurst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed from 8/13-8/17. I knew we would have a great stay right away when we arrived at noon on 8/13 and Vicki at the front desk was able to check us into a room without having to wait until 3PM. Thanks Vicki! We were unpacked and relaxing at the pool in no time. The TV in the living room died around 9PM on Monday night- it was replaced within 20 minutes- and the gentleman (Paul) who did it refused a tip saying it was their fault we were inconvenienced. Thanks Paul. All the staff at the facility were great.

Room itself was very nice- having a suite was very convenient and let us eat breakfast and lunch in and save a few bucks to go toward dinner. All furnishing were in great shape and the bed was comfortable. View from our room overlooking the pool and gulf was beautiful.

Pool was nice and there were always plenty of chaises available in the shade. Beach was right there and very nice as well. We spent all day Tuesday at the beach & part of Thursday as well and loved it. Water wasn't crystal clear, put was clean, warm and felt great.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're staying in Fort Myers Beach. Next time we're back we plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you get a pool/ocean view, you can save a few bucks over an ocean view room and effectively get t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear tai57chi80,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our DiamondHead Beach Property. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay along with our beach and pool amenities.

We greatly appreciate your comments on our staff and level of customer service, we take pride daily in ensuring all our guests receive the best level of service and products. We will certainly pass along your thank you to our staff members, Vicki and Paul, and we truly look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Neil Hopgood, General Manager
Washington D.C.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I know my review is late, but as long as it’s true that’s all that matters.

First of all let me say that we visited Fort Myers area week of June 11th. I came here because a couple of acquaintances swore up and down that this was a nice place with a nice beach and the three and four star reviews on this site told me to give it a try.

Put it this way, for now on, I will only believe reviews with pictures. I want to see your GREAT time in pictures. A picture of a sunrise/sunset or a picture of a dish is not a depiction of a great review/time.

Even more surprising were the number of people from UK there. My jaw dropped! You mean to tell me this is the BEST beach they could find! Were they like forget the Bahamas, Key West, I'm going to Fort Myers! Really?

First, The Diamond Head Hotel
The room is clean. We were on the third floor, a beachfront. The problem. There is no point in having a beachfront if every time you sit on the balcony you must inhale cigarette smoke from the level below. I am a nonsmoker and it this really got on my damn nerves. I basically wasted my money. If people can smoke themselves to lung cancer on their own balconies while taking non smokers with them through second hand smoke, what is the point for a non smoker to have a beachfront? There isn’t. This really killed it for me. The alley, I mean the hallway was dark. It didn’t matter what time of day I walked the halls, it was DARK. Scared to send my child to the ice machine down the in hall in fear of him getting snatched. Every activity that they had, you had to pay. Root beer float to BINGO. Not one thing was free. Pool was too small.

Now Fort Myers area:

The area is a dump. Seriously, local suffering looking restaurants. Half the businesses boarded up. THIS PLACE HAS ABSOLUTELY NO DIVERSITY. Which means the food will be of no variety, which it was. I would not eat in any of these local restaurants if my life depended on it, even with a good health insurance policy. The type of people in this area… Let’s just say public assistance and low income.

The Beach:
Oh boy! Me no like it! DIRTY. STINK. NASTY. The water is BROWN. I know my colors and that beach was BROWN. As soon as we checked in, we headed to the beach and could smell the stink. I am very confused about these reviews, seriously. The white sand was hard as I don't know what. To rent an umbrella cost $25.00. Seriously, people actually paid money to sit and watch brown water and smell the constant stink! Wow!.

The only thing that saved us, was our rental car. Many people flew here. DON’T DO THAT! You will be trapped and miss out on the better beaches south of Fort Myers/Sanibal. We took out our gps and headed south on 41. From Bonita Springs on down to Marco Island. THE BEACHES ARE CLEANER. CLEARER with turquoise blue tint. TRUST ME! Unless you want to do the StingRay shuffle in dirty water stay at Fort Myers/Sanibal stay here, otherwise go south. The beaches south, at least you can see them coming. Also, I’m not sure why the hotel only had two low pressure sprays to rinse your feet from the sand. You would think a higher spray to rinse your body would be useful in case people wanted to enter into the pool after visiting the beach.
There was a wedding at the hotel. I couldn’t understand how the bride and groom could marry yards from that stinky brown beach where the water seems to pool right there in front of them. Yuck!

TIPS

(1) If you are from the Washington D.C. area and points north, don’t waste your time coming here. It’s just like Ocean City, MD. The people, the beach, everything. TRUST ME.
(2) Rent a car or you will be trapped. We ate at restaurants on route 4. Nice clean restaurants.
(3) Visit these beaches only an hour or so away

TigerTail Beach/ Marco Island:
Nice clear water. You have to pay $8.00 to park.
THE CON: You have to walk around or cross the lagoon to get to the beach. Don’t believe the young man when he says the walk is ten minutes. It’s more like a 25 minute hike. And with small kids and the heat beware. We saw people walking through the knee deep lagoon to get to the beach. The worker said it was quicker, but if you have young kids, and have to worry about them losing shoes, plus lugging your things not a good idea. YOU NEED TO TAKE A CART.

NAPLES Beach: This was the best one we love! Clean, clear turquoise. You have to pay at the meter. QUARTERS only. Up to 8 Hours. LOVED IT!
Bonita Springs/ Little Hickory: Nice beaches as well. LOVED IT!
We even drove to Miami beach!

Basically,
There are many beaches way better than fort Myers/Sanibal area. Don’t know what the big deal is about this hotel and area. SKIP and save your money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear WherearetheVacations,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our DiamondHead Beach Resort property about your recent stay.

We are sorry to hear about your expressed dissatisfaction during your stay and we want to apologize for any inconvenience based on your experience and overall impression of our local area and beaches here in Fort Myers.

I wanted to share with you that with over 80,000 guests staying at our resort every year, 70% of those as repeat guests, our local Fort Myers area and beach is enjoyed by a diverse group of individuals from looking for a quiet, unique destination for adults and families alike.

My staff and I would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again in the future and we thank you again for your feedback.

General Manager, DiamondHead Beach Resort
Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were tired of the east coast so we thought of going for a nice quite relaxing vacation on the west coast. We found this hotel packaged with air fair and we were off. We arived at the hotel and were welcomed with smileing happy people, check in was a breeze. Our room had a great ocean view and the few sunsets we seen were perfect! Clean well kept rooms the frig was a great surprise and came in very handy. The food pool side was just right for lunches and very nice and friendly bartenders. You always had a clean fresh beach towel at your ready when you needed it. Staff was always ready to help you out with what ever you needed. If you enjoy water fun the Holiday Water Sports (not effilated with the hotel) is right in front of the hotel Stacy and Jon were the best, I would recommend them for all your water sport and fun needs!

One of our most laid back and relaxing vacations here at Dimond Head!!

I can't wait to go again next year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Penny M.,

Thank you commenting on our DiamondHead Beach Resort property and guest services.

It's great to hear you enjoyed our beach here in Southwest Florida as well as our pool and Cabana's Beach Bar & Grill. We love that you took advantage of Holiday Water Sports and all they have to offer too.

Our staff continues to work and maintain the highest level of customer service and products available for all our guests and we thank you again for your helpful feedback as we look forward to serving you again in the future.

The Management Staff at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel

Been to DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!