“Diamondhead is the best on Fort Myers Beach!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2000 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wilton, Maine
“Diamondhead is the best on Fort Myers Beach!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

Absolutely Love Diamondhead! First the weather was awesome this weekend!! We came a day early because of weather issues in our state and they were fantastic in getting us a room and upgraded us for free!! The room was great, clean and updated. We did not spend much time in it as we were there for the weather, beach and pool!!! The pool was clean and the bar service was great!! Very friendly! Access to the beach was important to us and it was right there!! Beautiful! Lots of activities and other restaraunts within walking distance. We did not rent a car, because everything we needed was within walking distance! We rented mopeds(across the street) and loved riding around to look at the scenery!! We had a great time and hope to make it an annual trip or more, if we can!!! We did not get to use the restaraunt at the hotel, so can't comment about service or food, if more time there definately would have tried it!!!

Room Tip: Pool/beach room is great.......
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

Truly enjoyed our stay at the Diamond Head resort. We had an ocean facing suite on the 11th floor. The suite was large, plenty of room to move around also had a large screened in balcony with lounge chairs and table and chairs. Room was very clean,only complaint would be that housekeeping didn't come around until mid to late afternoon on most days. The employees were all very friendly and I felt they were there to make you as comfortable as possible. It is also a time share resort and they were a little pushy to get you to sign up for a tour. We ended up killing an hour one day to do the tour just to get the 150.00 credit they give you off your bill. I would stay there again if ever in Fort Myers area. Other reviews I had read did not recommend eating at the restaurant, however, they have a new chef and enjoyed a delicious dinner at Chloe's. They do charge you for use of their beach chairs and umbrella's, we did that only once and ended up buying a couple of inexpensive beach chairs for the week, we just passed them on to a family just checking in when we left.

Room Tip: Ocean view or pool/ocean view
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

We've stayed at Diamondhead twice before and loved it. This time the people above us were extremely loud until 3 am. We made a complaint, but nothing was done.
The exhaust vent on top of the building needs serious work, about every 15 minutes you hear what sounds like a vacume cleaner running for about a minute. During the day its not an issue but we had a terrible time trying to fall asleep at night.
Worst of all, their trying to sell vacation packages for the top 3 floors... we stayed 5 days and were approached at least once each day, they even have a person circling the pool area like a hawk. I was on vacation and wanted to relax, the sales pitch was annoying beyond words. When we complained about all this, we got 2 free drink tickets... whoop de do. Will find another place for next year!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
SunStreamMgmt, Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Dear nanner40,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at DiamondHead. It is important for us to hear about our guests experiences, both good and bad, so that we can always strive to do better.

I am extremely sorry that you had such a terrible experience, especially since you have stayed with us 2 times previously and had an enjoyable enough time to return a 3rd time. I will absolutely have maintenance look into the exhaust vent, as well as look into the process that the Vacation Club uses in order to "pitch" potential owners, as we understand (and hope) that you are able to enjoy a relaxing experience while staying with us..

We strive to provide exceptional service to all guests and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations, as well as our own. We greatly appreciate the feedback would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again and hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

DiamondHead Management Team
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

We had a great time here with a very nice view of the Gulf. I was able to really relax. The people were friendly and they were able to tell us were to go and what to do, the restaurant wasn't good and it was expensive. The weather was perfect.

West Boylston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

We just returned from a wonderful stay at The Diamond Head Resort. The suite was very nice....super clean and beautifully decorated. We stayed on the 10th floor overlooking the pool and the beach. The first night we arrived, we enjoyed dinner in the restaurant. The food was fabulous. We had the prime Rib dinner and Key lime pie for dessert.
We decided to try room service for the next morning and were pleasantly surprised. Having breakfast on the screened-in balcony overlooking the beach was fantastic!!
The entire staff of the resort should be commended on there fabulous customer service skills.....above and beyond!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I had reservations to stay a weekend but never made it due to a medical problem that prevented me from traveling. I don't recall being told that their cancellation policy is 72 hours when I made the reservation, but they were sure to remind me about it when I called to cancel the reservation 54 hours before I was due to check in. After bouncing me around to four different people I ended up speaking with a snotty women who claimed to be the "supervisor." I was told there was nothing they could do and I would not receive a refund of my $305 deposit. For all I know this may be the nicest place in Fort Myers Beach but as I see it they stole my money and they will never see me or anyone I know step foot in their resort.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
cleveland ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

The hotel was very nice. We enjoyed dining outdoors for dinner as well as lunch. The hotel is right on the beach and a 10 minute walk to the "times square" area of shops. Had an opportunity to have my hair cut in the hotel salon and was very satisfied. The rooms are spacious suits and have great views of the gulf and a large screened in lanai. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to DiamondHead Beach Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!