As Brits who had not stayed in any US hotel for at least six years and not in a Holiday Inn in the US many years prior to that, we booked the Fort Myers Beach Holiday Inn for our first two nights of our US vacation with some trepidation. What we also hadn't realised was that we were arriving at about 8pm on Superbowl Sunday.
However we needn't have worried - we were greeted at Reception by a very friendly clerk and our reservation was exactly as we had booked: a pool view room about half way back from the beach bar. We even gained from the special offer bar food laid on for the SuperBowl - swiftly served and cheap. Just what we wanted after 20 hours travelling.
The hotel is located at the quieter Southern end of Estero Island (Fort Myers Beach) with direct access to the very wide white sand beach. To the South of the hotel the beach is separated from the neighbouring apartments and condos by a lagoon that attracts many sea birds, waders, and other wildlife. There is a drug store, small shopping mall and about three restaurants half a block away on the other side of the road. The hotel is built with two wings of two floor deck access motel rooms each side on to the beach with about 8 direct beachfront rooms at the end of each wing. The Holiday Inn is one of the very few non high rise buildings on the beach side of the road.
Rooms were of a standard expected for the type of property. Ours was clean, fairly recently rennovated and reasonably maintained. However as the rooms are built back to back, all the windows are in the wall with the door and the back of the room and bathrooms are dark and a bit airless. The air conditioning units are floor mounted "window rattlers" next to the door and do make a fair bit of noise (effective in drowning out the bar noise during the SuperBowl). On the following night we turned off the air conditioning and had no problem with noise. We had reasonable strength free wireless internet access in the room - probably because we were overlooking the central bar / pool area.
Staff were very helpful and welcoming throughout - the general manager even seemed to go out of her way to greet us and check we had everything we needed.
We were happy to extend our stay by an extra night and were dissppointed to find the hotel was full for the final night of our vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Daydreaming about warm Tropical Nights and Spectacular Sunsets? You found it at the Holiday Inn Fort Myers Beach resort hotel. Dip your toes into the warm waters and relax oceanfront on one of the largest white sand beaches on the Gulf of Mexico. Our oceanfront Florida resort will make you feel miles away from all the hustle and bustle yet we are just a short drive from the SW Florida Int Airport (RSW) and activities of Fort Myers Beach. Enjoy the Florida sunshine by our outdoor heated pool surrounded by a spacious deck, comfortable chaise lounges and umbrellas. Our surroundings are tropically landscaped with Florida s natural beauty. Enjoy delectable Florida dining at Pinchers Beach Bar and Grill. Challenge yourself with our onsite recreational activities including Ping-Pong, shuffleboard, beach volleyball and scenic jogging trails. Along with free wireless access, our spacious guest rooms are equipped with refrigerators and microwaves upon request. Relax on the balcony of one of our oceanfront rooms and marvel at all the colors of our Florida sunset. If you need a bit more space upgrade to one of our oceanfront suites featuring a panoramic view of the ocean from an oversized balcony. Paradise is just a click away at this magnificent oceanfront Florida resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Wyndham, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Myers Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Fort Myers Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Fort Myers Beach Holiday Inn