“great location, smallest hotel, very rude day staff, resort fee.” 2 of 5 stars

Pierview Hotel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #44 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“great location, smallest hotel, very rude day staff, resort fee.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Please note that I am writing this review based on a stay using 3 rooms over a 2 day period, during Spring Break. One expects to pay top dollar for poor quality just to be in the right spot on this beach right now. Do not expect this hotel to be like a regular resort style hotel. It is poor quality accommodations, much worse than motel 6 for example.

The good: location is the only plus. It is very near the pier, Times Square, bars and restaurants, right on the beach. No auto required once you get onto the beach. A night desk clerk, Jerry, was nice and polite. Refrigerator and microwave in room.

The bad: Standard room is so small, only a double bed fits in it and you still cannot set luggage on the floor. No elevator, has 3 floors. Decor is old, worn, and dirty. Bathroom very small and poorly done, dirty. Pool is cloudy and dirty. $5.00 Resort fee is charged, but this is not a resort, has no amenities, I guess it is for parking on site? Can have only one car per room. Parking is very tight, if you leave and come back at night parking is full and you have to pay to park across street. No large vehicle parking available. One ice machine on premises, it was out of ice most of our stay. You can walk to 7-11 and buy a bag. We had the standard rooms, they adjoin to the larger rooms with a door that lets all the noise communicate between the two rooms. The police were here both days we stayed. The maids were very nice and helpful, I think they surface cleaned the best they could considering the conditions of the surfaces they are cleaning. Tile, floors, doors, showers, tubs, sinks, walls, all old and worn out, makes it hard to clean. There has been no visible renovations. The view from all 3 rooms was of the garbage cans. They were overflowing the entire stay. The pool is nothing great to look at but it is better than the view on the south side of the hotel.

Two women worked front desk during the day. One woman yells instead of talks. She yelled directions for using the key card at top volume when we checked in. She clearly hates her job. The other woman was seen and heard swearing and yelling at a maintenance man.

There is nothing proper or businesslike about this hotel or its staff. It is only good if you cannot find anything else. I would never stay again

Room Tip: ask for beach or pool view, otherwise you are looking at the overflowing garbage
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We booked 5 rooms for a family reunion. All but one of us had lived in Florida. The rooms were small, old, but clean. By small, I mean that with one double bed, we had to carefully scoot around the other person if they were in our path. Only a few rooms face the beach, the rest face the parking lot and a building next door. This area was jammed pack building to building and you are on 'the strip', the place with the most foot traffic. We had no complaints, but my husband and I have traveled to 3rd world countries and backpacked in foreign countries. This is not a room I would choose to linger in. We did have a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. Some of our family's other rooms were missing some of those appliances. Only the coffee pot was mentioned in the brochure, so when one room was without one, we were given one, which I was told needed cleaning. One room had a few ants on the nightstand and one room had some roaches. While this sounds awful, if you have ever lived in the deep south, roaches and ants are everywhere, especially in older buildings. If there are any gaps in the door or food left out, you can get either or both and they are impossible to get rid of. Neither person seemed to think it was a huge infestation, just that they saw some. The rooms were fine for sleeping and accessing the beach, but were not what I would call pampering yourself. The rooms were basic, but had a flat screen TV. Whether you like this place is all about your expectations.

Room Tip: Pool side is nicer.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I don't even know where to start. We were located on the 3rd floor and had a two double bedroom. After walking up the stairs due to no staircase, we opened the door to our room and I couldn't believe my eyes. It was the filthiest room I've ever seen. The sheets had sand on them which made me think they wasn't even changed. The baseboards and floor was disgusting! I took a rag and cleaned some of the floor and baseboards and they were black when I was done. There were no bed skirts around bed so had to look at the nasty mattress. The blinds were broken so first night the light was shinning in. The bathroom counter had black nasty stuff all over it. We had to evacuate the hotel at 11:30pm due to the front staff accidentally setting off the fire alarm. The next day we found three bugs which resembled bed bugs. This hotel should be condemned!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Oxford, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Checked in on 3/16/15. The hotel was prepaid for two days due to a discount. Filthy with crawling bugs in the microwave. There was a 1/2 inch gap above the entrance door. The bathroom was filthy and everything leaked. Left 2 hours later and lost our money. Stay away.

Room Tip: Be afraid. Be very afraid.
New Paltz, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My friends and I stayed at the Pierview over spring break and had a great stay. Yes, the room was small, but it was exactly what we needed for our stay. You can't beat the location. We were able to park our car and not move it the entire vacation. If you're someone looking for a five star hotel with all the amenities, this isn't the place for you. If you're someone looking for a clean room to crash in after being out all day, then it'll be perfect. My friends and I agreed that we would definitely return. You can't beat the location and the price for this time of year.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Bermuda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Should have read the reviews before booking! The front desk person was very sweet and lovely and its on the beach. But that is about it.

Not worth the $180!!! Room is super tiny with furniture much too big (smaller than budget hotels in NYC). Yes, fantastic location however room is very run down. In need of lots of tlc. A simple coat of paint and filling in holes can go a long way.

Can't forget to mention the beautiful colored sheets. First thought- oh wow this is the first hotel I've stayed in with colored sheets. -oh wait, there is a reason all hotels have white sheets. So they can bleach them and wash them in extremely hot water. But the towels are white!

Such shame as it is in a fantastic location and right on the beach which fun activities!
In short, if I had paid $50, fine I got what I paid for. However, when I'm paying almost $200 a night I was not expecting this. And I've only been here for an hour.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Pierview Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!