Please note that I am writing this review based on a stay using 3 rooms over a 2 day period, during Spring Break. One expects to pay top dollar for poor quality just to be in the right spot on this beach right now. Do not expect this hotel to be like a regular resort style hotel. It is poor quality accommodations, much worse than motel 6 for example.
The good: location is the only plus. It is very near the pier, Times Square, bars and restaurants, right on the beach. No auto required once you get onto the beach. A night desk clerk, Jerry, was nice and polite. Refrigerator and microwave in room.
The bad: Standard room is so small, only a double bed fits in it and you still cannot set luggage on the floor. No elevator, has 3 floors. Decor is old, worn, and dirty. Bathroom very small and poorly done, dirty. Pool is cloudy and dirty. $5.00 Resort fee is charged, but this is not a resort, has no amenities, I guess it is for parking on site? Can have only one car per room. Parking is very tight, if you leave and come back at night parking is full and you have to pay to park across street. No large vehicle parking available. One ice machine on premises, it was out of ice most of our stay. You can walk to 7-11 and buy a bag. We had the standard rooms, they adjoin to the larger rooms with a door that lets all the noise communicate between the two rooms. The police were here both days we stayed. The maids were very nice and helpful, I think they surface cleaned the best they could considering the conditions of the surfaces they are cleaning. Tile, floors, doors, showers, tubs, sinks, walls, all old and worn out, makes it hard to clean. There has been no visible renovations. The view from all 3 rooms was of the garbage cans. They were overflowing the entire stay. The pool is nothing great to look at but it is better than the view on the south side of the hotel.
Two women worked front desk during the day. One woman yells instead of talks. She yelled directions for using the key card at top volume when we checked in. She clearly hates her job. The other woman was seen and heard swearing and yelling at a maintenance man.
There is nothing proper or businesslike about this hotel or its staff. It is only good if you cannot find anything else. I would never stay again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Pierview Hotel & Suites located on beautiful Fort Myers Beach in southwest Florida! Our hotel is just feet away from the Gulf of Mexico and miles of white sandy beaches. Guests can watch nightly sunsets from the hotel's heated beachfront pool.This hotel offers 62 guestrooms in a three-story building with exterior corridors. All rooms provide compact refrigerators, microwaves, in-room safes, cable TVs, wireless internet and speakerphones with voice mail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pierview Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierview Hotel And Suites
- Pierview Hotel Fort Myers Beach