“Place to crash on the beach” 3 of 5 stars

Pierview Hotel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #42 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Place to crash on the beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Hubby and I came from east coast of Florida for a weekend getaway. The motel rooms you get thru the third party booking sites are VERY small. This is an old motel, right on the beach...There's mold, dust and sand...overall, if you want to be on the beach, walk to bars and restaurants we were ok with it. Just make sure you call ahead and tell them you would like the bigger ocean front room.
Pool was nice, owners were friendly and told us if we came back there's a discount.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Matthew V, Executive Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our Ft. Myers Beach location. We appreciate you voicing your concerns, and I assure you we will deal with every single one of them. I do hope you come back and visit us again. Once again, thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I was looking for a great deal on one room night, last minute, in season, on a FRIDAY. Trip Advisor had a good rate at the Pierview (and it was available) so I went over there. The room they offered me was substandard (and 120.00). Tiny, mismatched, broken refridgerator, hanging drapes, dirty bathroom and within the hour I became aware of what that odd odor was, mold. I have respiratory issues and when my throat began to get sore from the bad air I went to the front desk for a refund. They stated that I had been there too long for a refund and offered me a choice of 3 others. I chose the one that was upstairs, semi-remodeled, new bed and no immediately noticeable odor. It grew in the room as the other had. I realized that the water damage from the last hurricane had apparently been treated only cosmetically and spent most of my time out of doors. Since I was forced to take a vacancy on the third floor (no elevator) I also had to carry my dog up the stairs as she was unable to make those flights on her own. I live here and would tell everyone to NOT stay there. The Lighthouse Inn is about the same price but a much better value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I apologize on behalf of the management and staff that we could not better serve you. Your review has been taken into consideration and changes are being made to ensure this problem doesn't happen again. I hope you give us another chance. Once again, my sincerest apologies.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I spent the wknd of 7/25-7/28 celebrating my daughters birthday, its true the place needs remodeling but you should know this one is not a 5 star hotel, you get what you pay for to be at the ocean. My room was cleaned everyday so i have no complaint..
I just read a review and i believe they were referring to my group. Yes we were loud, yes we had music, yes we were celebrating but it was only on the daytime, thats what vacations are for. The grills are suppose to be set up by the pool and we were not the only ones that did it and of course i had to the ok from the office. We were not disrectpecful to any guest and when we sang happy bday to my daughter everyone at the patio ate cake. Music and dancing ocurred at the daytime, Plus you had a bar accross the pool that of course had a live band as well.
Sorry 239WearyTraveler if your stay was not how you expected... My family had a blast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Matthew V, Executive Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us. We have upcoming plans to do some renovation work to better serve our wonderful guests. If there is anything else you would like to recommend, please contact us. Once again, on behalf of the management and staff, thank you.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

There are so many things I could say, but I will try to be short. We had a second floor room, beachfront, one of the more expensive rooms.The door to the balcony had a doorknob that was hanging loose, the door would not shut unless you used the deadbolt. The floor on the balcony was falling apart and crumbling. The floors inside looked dirty and needed cleaning. Chipped ceramic in the tub, and toilet seat. There was a kitchen, but no drinking glasses, there were many very loud guests partying around the pool who took over the patio and pool, set up a grill, danced to a karaoke machine, gyrating all the afternoon with no regard for any of the other guests. No management ever appeared to quiet them down. They threw their charcoal all over the patio area. The parking was a joke, the online ad says public parking, there was barely room to squeeze in and out of the parking lot. Wi Fi worked only for one afternoon. My only good comment was the sunset was beautiful.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and go somewhere else. I would never recommend this place.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
RobinHarvey1160, General Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. It is unfortunate you did not enjoy it.. Many guests come to the beach in large groups to celebrate various occasions such as family reunions, unless the management is notified guests are being disruptive to them or the guests are causing harm or danger to others we can only enforce noise as you refer to it during quiet time hours after the pool has closed at dusk. We encourage guests to be respectful of others and have little problem in doing so when it is brought to the attention of our front desk agents Management is accessible to them 24/7. Our hotel is currently undergoing major improvements, new bathroom vanities are on order as the bathrooms will be receiving an updating for the enjoyment of our guests. Also expected in the next few months are new exterior doors. We hope that you will give us another chance next year to meet your expectations.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Traveled through Florida for 8 days, stayed in 6 different hotels and this was the worse. They have a special on a 1 bed closet for $80/night. But they do have some rooms upstairs that are good. But my silly travel mate had to get the "open-the-door-and-see-the-beach" view. That room was smaller than the upstairs rooms but bigger than the closet. There were a couple families that also had the beach view that was throwing a huge party. I literally couldn't even see the beach bc of the amount of people/dogs and the canopies they had up...benches and grills under it and everything.
The bathroom was so bad that I went back to the front desk and asked them for a room just to take a shower in. Jessica had no problem assisting me in that but the fact that I had to dirty another room should have embarrassed them.
I will never stay there again....don't get me wrong, the upstairs was good, but of my entire trip, this hotel COST THE MOST...even more than the HYATT @ Orlando Int'l Airport....THE BEST HOTEL OF MY TRIP.
PS.....IT RAINED TH NEXT MORNING, NOT THE HOTEL FAULT BUT ADDED TO MY EXPERIENCE.

Room Tip: They allowed me to look at the rooms before committing, be sure to do that first and look at the bat...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Brandon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel does not deserve all these negative reviews- was it small, yes- was it older, yes- but that is why it was cheaper. If they remolded it, it would be a more expensive hotel. My son and I stayed for 2 nights and had a great time. The room was clean and the hotel is right on the beach. It was a short walk to the Pier and shops. If you are looking for an inexpensive get away, it's perfect. The people leaving reviews seem to want the Wilshire for the Pierview price. I would without a doubt stay here again, and recommend it

Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Under new management and it became WORSE> Managers park in the handicapped spot and refuse to move for handicapped person. Deputies cant do anything. The only on site maintenance person quit because of low pay. Garbage overflowing. Manager made no attempts to correct any issues in fact left the property. Pool became horrible with no one correcting the issue.... No security. Poor customer service by the manager Paul. Dirty.... find another place to stay. It use to be good when the price was lower. Now the price has gone up and you get the same poor facility's. Now even worse....!
Beach chair people take up all the beach spots then give you a hard time when you set op in the PUBLIC BEACH.
Not enough parking for the tenants then to top it off they rent out parking spots for beach goers leaving room occupants without a place to park their car.

POORLY RUN FACILITY

But.. the location is good.. And thats about it !

Room Tip: Pool side noisy from all the disorderly persons after hours
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Pierview Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!