“Location is everything” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 46 hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Myakka City, Florida
“Location is everything”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Room was very small and had way too much furniture. Location was good - directly on the beach. Was a much older hotel and could use some updates but for prime location is okay for an overnight stay. Price was very good - especially since we booked last minute. Very close to pier and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mason City, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

To start with I had 3 teenagers with me and lots of luggage. When we arrived at hotel it was a great location, but had to carry luggage up 3 flights of stairs. NO ELEVATOR! The staff acted like they did not want to be there. When we were hiking up the stairs I noticed a broken sign that had the room #'s on it. I then noticed the room # on our door was broken. Opened up to find it was very very small and was like a dungeon. Lighting was very poor. The refrigerator knob was missing to turn it up, the toilet tissue holder was completely gone. Tissue was setting on the sink. Towel holder on the back of the door was gone. It was a stand up shower and was soooooo dirty I did not want to step in it without shoes. The water pressure was very bad. It was hard to get the shampoo rinsed out. The corners of the room were very dirty and nasty. The bedspreads had cigarette burn holes in them. I felt like they gave us a room that was not rent ready. We were probably the last people to check in that day. The office said they were full and they could not move me. The room had a sewer smell in it. When you closed the door to the room at the top it had an inch and a half gap where you could see directly outside. I was shown another room the next day that was the same price and by the look of that room I knew that the room we were given should have never been rented out. The front desk person said she had never even been in the room we were given. I booked the hotel on hotelsavings.com and they would not do anything for me. They said I would of had to cancel the hotel before I checked in. I had no way of knowing before I checked in how bad it was. My bank (BANK OF AMERICA) is also refusing to do anything about this.

Room Tip: Do not book at this hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Location to the beach is great! The beds are comfortable. Rooms and property need a lot of work and updating. Had a leak in bathroom from upstairs coming through ceiling vent, got locked in room with deadbolt not working properly, and no phone in the room, The small refrigerator froze everything we had gone shopping for, and couldn't even pour milk for kid's cereal. The parking area is horrible. They give you a parking pass for lot, but they don't police the area, so finding a spot to park your car is difficult, and not able to turn around, so one has to back the car out of parking area onto busy main street.
This obviously is a good spot for spring breakers sharing rooms, but for a family vacationing it is less than ideal.

Stayed June 2014
North Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Location Location Location........stay in the ocean view rooms...ten steps to the beach and five steps to the restaurant on the beach. Chairs and umbrella for twenty dollars ... All day.... Just an incredible location for beach lovers. It doesn't get any better than this..for the money and convenience..to and from the beach...and ocean....WOW....

Room Tip: Location Location Location........stay in the ocean view rooms...ten steps to the beach and five ste...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Punta Gorda, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We have been going to Ft. Myers Beach for over 30 years and have stayed at several locations. Chose this property because of the location. My brother and sister-in-law joined us to celebrate our anniversary and my husband's birthday. We stayed in an efficiency on the third floor and my brother stayed in a room on the 1st floor. Our room was acceptable until we walked on the tile floor, which felt like it hadn't been mopped in a very long time. The furniture in the sitting area had holes and tears and did not appear to be very clean. The covers on the bed had stains and holes. The room did not feel clean..... My brother's room was acceptable until they showered. There was no water pressure and when the lights were turned on, roaches appeared. At check out I registered my complaint to the manager on duty, Paul Patel. Initially, he just stared at me with no expression on his face. He finally stated that the room had been rented out the prior week, which I guess that was the explanation for the floors. He made no comments regarding my brothers room. When they checked out later that morning, the reaction was much the same. I do believe that there probably are so many complaints and they just don't have any answers. I don't think they are interested in repeat business. The outside of the property looks nice but the hallways to the rooms and the rooms themselves leave a lot to be desired. I will never refer this property to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Oak Lawn, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed in Feb 2014 and didn't want to rent a car. This is a nice location, it is close to Times Square and you can walk to all the restaraunts and shopping there. Topps grocery store is just a 10 minute walk away and there is a liquor store a block away. We stayed in a 2nd Floor suite so we had a kitchenette which was very convenient with a balcony facing the beach. This is a small independent hotel, it was clean and had what we needed for a comfortable spur of the moment vacation. If you like to walk the state park at the north end of the island is very accessible and very interesting. The beach is cleaned and raked everyday, the pool itself is warm and the pool area was ok. There is a lot of additional seating outside of the pool area as well. The hotel is nice, it's older and needs a few finishing touches and some repairs but you can't beat the location. We were there at the beginning of high season so we paid the highest price but we enjoyed our vacation and were very comfortable.

Room Tip: The suites have a kitchenette and are stocked with plates and utensils, oven, microwave and full ref...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed 3 nights and couldn't wait for our reservations at the 2nd hotel we booked! The location is perfect but the room was nasty and small! moldy curtains, stained toilet that barely flushed. Showers were also moldy, the wall in the shower was bowed out limiting the amount of space, the bathroom sink was cracked and stained. Patches on the walls and ceilings, super tacky paint job thought the whole hotel. T.v. Remote didn't work, lights worked half the time. Walls were very thin, heard the neighbors all hours of the night. Very low quality but the beach was steps away and thankfully there were enough things to do outside the hotel that kept us from having to spend much time there.The management needs to seriously monitor some of the guests they allow to book, I swear there was a family reunion being held, which would normally be just fine except these particular people literally took over every inch of the place! There's a limit to the people allowed in the pool but that didn't pertain to them. Manager stepped in around 830pm because the pool was supposed to be closed at dark and kicked us out after finally having the pool to ourselves. If they had only been around earlier while the "reunion"was in place they would have witnessed food being eaten while swimming (literally eating pork sandwiches and Doritos while swimming) along with the overage of patrons! It was an overall joke! The only thing this place had going for it its the beach but next time I'm willing to book off the beach and walk in hopes for a better experience along with saving money, way over priced for what they have to offer! Not to mention the crazy lady at the reservation counter! Yikes!!

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Pierview Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!