“"Great Location" Run down property....” 2 of 5 stars

Pierview Hotel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #43 of 46 hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Punta Gorda, Florida
“"Great Location" Run down property....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We have been going to Ft. Myers Beach for over 30 years and have stayed at several locations. Chose this property because of the location. My brother and sister-in-law joined us to celebrate our anniversary and my husband's birthday. We stayed in an efficiency on the third floor and my brother stayed in a room on the 1st floor. Our room was acceptable until we walked on the tile floor, which felt like it hadn't been mopped in a very long time. The furniture in the sitting area had holes and tears and did not appear to be very clean. The covers on the bed had stains and holes. The room did not feel clean..... My brother's room was acceptable until they showered. There was no water pressure and when the lights were turned on, roaches appeared. At check out I registered my complaint to the manager on duty, Paul Patel. Initially, he just stared at me with no expression on his face. He finally stated that the room had been rented out the prior week, which I guess that was the explanation for the floors. He made no comments regarding my brothers room. When they checked out later that morning, the reaction was much the same. I do believe that there probably are so many complaints and they just don't have any answers. I don't think they are interested in repeat business. The outside of the property looks nice but the hallways to the rooms and the rooms themselves leave a lot to be desired. I will never refer this property to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Oak Lawn, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed in Feb 2014 and didn't want to rent a car. This is a nice location, it is close to Times Square and you can walk to all the restaraunts and shopping there. Topps grocery store is just a 10 minute walk away and there is a liquor store a block away. We stayed in a 2nd Floor suite so we had a kitchenette which was very convenient with a balcony facing the beach. This is a small independent hotel, it was clean and had what we needed for a comfortable spur of the moment vacation. If you like to walk the state park at the north end of the island is very accessible and very interesting. The beach is cleaned and raked everyday, the pool itself is warm and the pool area was ok. There is a lot of additional seating outside of the pool area as well. The hotel is nice, it's older and needs a few finishing touches and some repairs but you can't beat the location. We were there at the beginning of high season so we paid the highest price but we enjoyed our vacation and were very comfortable.

Room Tip: The suites have a kitchenette and are stocked with plates and utensils, oven, microwave and full ref...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed 3 nights and couldn't wait for our reservations at the 2nd hotel we booked! The location is perfect but the room was nasty and small! moldy curtains, stained toilet that barely flushed. Showers were also moldy, the wall in the shower was bowed out limiting the amount of space, the bathroom sink was cracked and stained. Patches on the walls and ceilings, super tacky paint job thought the whole hotel. T.v. Remote didn't work, lights worked half the time. Walls were very thin, heard the neighbors all hours of the night. Very low quality but the beach was steps away and thankfully there were enough things to do outside the hotel that kept us from having to spend much time there.The management needs to seriously monitor some of the guests they allow to book, I swear there was a family reunion being held, which would normally be just fine except these particular people literally took over every inch of the place! There's a limit to the people allowed in the pool but that didn't pertain to them. Manager stepped in around 830pm because the pool was supposed to be closed at dark and kicked us out after finally having the pool to ourselves. If they had only been around earlier while the "reunion"was in place they would have witnessed food being eaten while swimming (literally eating pork sandwiches and Doritos while swimming) along with the overage of patrons! It was an overall joke! The only thing this place had going for it its the beach but next time I'm willing to book off the beach and walk in hopes for a better experience along with saving money, way over priced for what they have to offer! Not to mention the crazy lady at the reservation counter! Yikes!!

• Stayed May 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

This was our second visit to Fort Myer's beach previously staying at the Neptune further down the beach. The Pierview has an excellent location near the main town but still right on the beach. It is brightly painted in beautiful colours which put you in the holiday mood straight away. There are plenty of restaurants and activities within easy walking distance of the hotel. Boat trips are numerous. You can even catch a boat to Key West if you wish. It takes 3 hrs though in each direction and costs $142 pp. There is a noisy bar next to the hotel but it does close down at 10pm. The rooms are adequate with full ac and double glazed however the adjoining walls are thin and we could here next door from time to time but no real bother. Good place for a break. Stunning beach and excellent location. Would book again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
sw florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We just stayed at the Pierview Hotel and Suites on Fort Myers Beach for 3 nights. We asked for a handicap room and it was just steps from the pool and stairs to the beach. Room is quite small, 2 double beds, dresser, table with 2 chairs and refri/micowave. Bath has a nice shower that wheel chairs can roll into but I really don't think a wheelchair could get pass the beds and dresser to reach the bathroom. Room was clean, beds are super firm (hard as a rock). Micowave was dirty when I went to use it and was still dirty when we left. Bath could use a makeover, wasn't really dirty but looked that way. Entire room could use paint. But as stated, we did not stay in the room that much and the pool is nice, could have been warmer but not bad after you get it. Lots of table and chairs just outside the pool area to sit at. Beach was nice and just steps from our room. Plenty of restaurants just steps from hotel. Only about 1 block from Times Square, with plenty of bars,etc. Not cheap but surely not as expensive as many hotels on the beach.

Room Tip: They have pool side rooms and rooms on the back side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Yonkers, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stood at this hotel in the beginning of May, i was satisfied with the accommodations. Although it was not roomy we decided to stay there due to the location. Like I said it lacked room but we didn't spend much time there anyway. There is plenty to do on this strip of beaches.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Winter Haven, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Even after a free "upgrade' to two full beds instead of a king I was horrified when I walked into this room. The vertical blinds would not close all the way, were twisted in all different directions and were chipped and falling out. The beds were not made, then we we squeezed around to the bathrooms bc the rooms were so small we had to peek into see. There was mold creeping up the walls with cracked half caulked walls and dirt on the floors. I immediately knew I could not stick this room out even for one night and even being right on the beach. I went back downstairs and the clerk was not surprised that i told her i was not happy with my room. She offered another but I asked if they were all the same and with a yes i said No Thankyou. The Hampton Inn was only 3 miles away and $10 more a night without my corporate discount that was used for this room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Pierview Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!