“needs top managment on site” 2 of 5 stars

Pierview Hotel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #44 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers, Florida
“needs top managment on site”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Staff is friendly and helpful. Had no way to talk to mgmt.Furniture needs to be updated, bubbling dresser with broken drawers handicap room 1210. Nothing matches for décor. Location is good.,you can walk to everything. Outdoor furniture need help.

Room Tip: Ask to see rooms first.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
judycoleman1, General Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post your review regarding your stay at the Pierview Hotel. We are in the process of doing some upgrades to the room and hope to have it completed soon. We got new owners in December and with so many upgrades needed season came upon us so soon.
I apologize there was not management on site for you to speak to, but rest assured the front desk is very capable of handling any issues that may happen and if not you can always leave a number and I will most certainly call you back. The location of the Pierview is without a doubt the best on the beach. That along with the white sugar sand beaches and Time Square just minutes away make this a one of a kind location.
We do hope you will come back and visit us again soon.

Respectfully,
Pierview Hotel Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed 5 times now. I think as you get older you demand more. Nothing has really changed yet. Just a few updates including the wacky chairs on the balcony. The new paint job is grt and gets lots of admiring glances but why did the rooms not all get updated first. Just my view. Hoping next yr that at least the mattresses have been changed as they are pretty grim. The view and the few steps to the beach would still make us come back. Only one cockroach in the room but I am hoping that this is because we were on the ground floor overlooking the beach. As another person has said please just change the chairs around the pool as most are broken. Hoping next yr that the suggested updates are made as I am quite happy to pay a bit more

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
judycoleman1, General Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you Nick for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at the Pierview Hotel. Well you will be happy to know we did replace the pool chairs and our goal is to have the remodel done by next season. We did as many a we could this year but unfortunately season hit fast. We got new owners and he has been working diligently to get repairs done to the hotel. We do get the hotel treated on a monthly basis but unfortunately being on the beach sometimes we cant avoid getting bugs. But we do our best to eliminate them. As you stated we are in a prime location the white sandy beaches right on the Gulf of Mexico and within walking distance to many fine dining restaurants and nightly entertainment. That with the friendly staff make this a one of a kind location. We look forward to having you back to see us again next year or sooner if possible.

Respectfully, Pierview Hotel Staff
Sebring, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

You will love staying at the Pierview. It is perfectly located on the Gulf, with a pool, and table and chairs to watch people on the beach. Right next door is a great sports bar. Just a quarter of a block down are shops and more restaurants. Once you park your car you really don't have to drive again until you leave.

The staff is friendly and helpful especially Sheila who mans the desk most days. The room staff and maintenance man will glady do anything to make your stay more welcoming.

The newly painted hotel is beautiful and the rooms have been updated with more improvements to come. Our Mah Jongg group (29 ladies) goes to the Pierview every Oct. for a girls retreat.(five years and counting) We have a great time.

Although the rooms aren't large and the bathrooms could use a little updating, we still love the Pierview. Each year some new improvements are added. Just a warning. There is no elevator for the second and third floors. Most of us stay on the ground floor and love being in the midst of everything.

The price is very reasonable. Millie Grime

Room Tip: The rooms that face the patio are my favorite. Step out of your room and sit at one of the four umb...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
judycoleman1, Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Millie, Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at the Pierview Hotel. We always look forward to having you and your friends stay with us at the Hotel and will do whatever it takes to make your stay a comfortable and pleasant one, I also know the staff enjoys having you there. As you stated the hotel is in need of work but the new owner is doing what he can unfortunately some of these projects will take some time. As you can see we have started with some, we remodeled the pool area, painted the building and are in the process of working on the rooms a little at a time. With the location of the Pierview right on the beautiful white sand beach of the Gulf of Mexico and the many fine food restaurant's and nightly entertainment make this a great location for your visit. WE look forward to having you back with us as we have in the past few years. See you again in October.

Respectfully, Pierview Staff and Management
New Port Richey, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is the biggest dump there is on the beach, but here are two of the most disrespectful things that can happen to guest.

1) allowing a non-hanicapped person to park his truck in a mark hanicapped spot that works there everyday on the beach renting jet ski - I am a hanicapped person and could have used that spot, went to the front desk and informed them of the issue, and it was no big deal to them it happen everyday and that is [--]

2) 6 OF THE 8 pool loung chairs are broken, went to the front desk and informed them of the issue, I was told is been like that for 6 months, so deal with it, if you sat in the chair you would fall right through it, and after just having major spine surgey no thanks.

Bottom line clean up the dump or close it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at the Pierview Hotel. Your concerns were brought up to the staff. However I am getting different versions of what really happen. I do understand someone was parked in the handicap area and upon you telling that to the desk clerk they immediately went and found the person and had him remove his vehicle. It was a big deal to us and that is why we took immediate action to correct the problem for you. As for the pool furniture you were told that we were in the process of getting new, but unfortunately it did not arrive until after your stay. I can honestly say none of my hotel personnel would tell you to deal with it. They know that would be totally unacceptable to the owner and management alike, Again I do apologize to you for the fact that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the Pierview Hotel. We have been under new ownership and they are doing there best to remodel the hotel to make it a comfortable and enjoyable hotel for everyone who visits.

Respectfully, Pierview Staff and Management
Fullerton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here after having a couple of cocktails with family as we didn't want to drive back to our families whom we were staying with during a short vacation.

In short, the room was uncomfortable dirty. Housekeeping obviously did not take ever modest steps to pretend to clean the room. I didnt trust that they would have cleaned the linens. My wife and put out sweatshirts over the pillows, removed the comforter and napped a few hours in our clothes before heading back out.

The front desk person insisted on imprinting our card and running it through the machine. This is fraud waiting to happen. He also did not seem to have any clue how to complete a check-in promptly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your stay at the Pierview Hotel. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Your concerns will be addressed with the appropriate departments. I can assure you the rooms are cleaned on a daily basis. I apologize if you feel your room was not clean enough to your liking. As for the front desk doing a imprint of your card that is so we have record of your stay. There is no fraud involved, but I am sorry you feel that there is. We strive very hard to make sure all of our guest have a pleasant experience at our hotel. At the Pierview hotel you cannot beat the location with the sugary white sand beach, right on the Gulf of Mexico. Close to many places to shop and exciting night life that with the upgrades that are being made to the hotel will make this a one of a kind location. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to make your next stay a more pleasant one.

Respectfully, Staff of the Pierview Hotel
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have stayed at the Pierview many times, each time the staff and front desk has treated me with kindness and has welcomed my visit and has invited me back. I like the September and October months, because it is the area's down season. Rates are low and the front desk is willing to negotiate a price. This trip was no different, we had checked other local inns and cabins for prices, since Pierview was a familiar place, we tried and stayed! The front desk clerk was friendly to our cuase, I told her the local prices and said that we want to stay two or so weeks. She made me a "deal". This deal lasted 15 days, until Judy did not want us there any more, she up the rate and did not give me a reason! She is not a very nice manager nor does she know how to treat a long term guest. Shame on you Judy! We could have gone inland and rented two rooms, but since the rates are low, why not on the beach? She reprimanded her clerk, maybe fired her? My point is, she accepted the rate for two weeks, she reviewed the status of the hotel, EMPTY, why did she wait at the last day, double my rate, and not even a thank you for staying? I gave that Hotel $1600 for an empty season. I have said nice things about the small room that would have made a oversize dog house, and I didn't even complain about the parking issue when a woman wanted the handicapped parking spot and called the police, on a busy Friday night. Maybe Judy needs to find a New Job or maybe yet Retire? I was charged for a Newspaper and a safe. The safe was never used and the Newspaper was never delivered to my room. that cost me $5 a day, it is called a resort fee! One last issue: The Pierview still imprints your credit card, each time I have visited, when I get home my card has been breached and the Bank issues me a new one! STOP IMPRINTING CREDIT CARDS, your customers don't like it! Rick Mullins

Room Tip: Don't get the little dog house over the front desk
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
judycoleman1, General Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Mr. Mullins Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor although that is not exactly what happen or maybe we just saw it differently. I never became involved in this situation until I heard you yelling at Sheila my desk clerk because she asked you to pay your bill. In the 12 years I have been with the Pierview hotel we have never allowed a guest to stay for 14 days and not pay their bill until they left. That is not how we or any other hotel I know of does business. The language you used toward Sheila and myself was to say the least shameful. You were treated with the same respect and kindness as you had been previously and the same as we treat the rest of our guest so I am sorry you felt you were treated differently just because you were asked to pay your bill. As for the newspaper it was on the front desk counter everyday for the taking had you chose not to take one that was your decision. I don't know where you got the idea your rate was doubled but that did not happen, one of the days you were there was a holiday and yes you did have to pay the holiday rate. To put you at ease my desk clerk was not reprimanded or fired but it was brought to her attention. And the last issue if your card had been breached we would have been one of the people the bank would have contacted and so we could have researched it and we never were contacted for any of those problems. So I truly am sorry you feel you were so mistreated at our hotel that was never our intention. We are a business just as yourself and we needed to be paid for the service that was given.

Respectfully

Judy Coleman, Pierview Staff
Cape Coral, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We booked a last minute room to see one of our favorite bands at a neighboring hotel. It's been a while since we visited the Pierview and I was skeptical reading the reviews but also noted that the manager has been remarking about updates being done to the property so for the rate we figured let's try. The pool had been completely resurfaced and was clean and refreshing. Our room was clean although we did not get one of the updated ones as they we all occupied clean was good. The front desk staff was polite and knowledgeable about the nights entertainment on the beach. Overall it was a good stay. I'm looking forward to returning to an updated room. Nice to see progress is being made with the new ownership, Rome wasn't built in a day!

Room Tip: Beach front Suites cost extra but are worth it!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
judycoleman1, Revenue Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for posting a review regarding your stay at the Pierview Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were treated well by the staff. As you stated we are working on many upgrades to the property and hope soon all upgrades will be complete.

The location of the hotel is a gem in itself, with the white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico and the many attractions within walking distance of the hotel. We have many fine food restaurants as well as some great nightly entertainment. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in the area or just need a weekend away.

Respectfully,

Staff at Pierview Hotel

Been to Pierview Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!