“Slept in our clothes, afraid of linens and so dirty.” 1 of 5 stars

Pierview Hotel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #44 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Fullerton, California
“Slept in our clothes, afraid of linens and so dirty.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here after having a couple of cocktails with family as we didn't want to drive back to our families whom we were staying with during a short vacation.

In short, the room was uncomfortable dirty. Housekeeping obviously did not take ever modest steps to pretend to clean the room. I didnt trust that they would have cleaned the linens. My wife and put out sweatshirts over the pillows, removed the comforter and napped a few hours in our clothes before heading back out.

The front desk person insisted on imprinting our card and running it through the machine. This is fraud waiting to happen. He also did not seem to have any clue how to complete a check-in promptly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
judycoleman1, Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your stay at the Pierview Hotel. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Your concerns will be addressed with the appropriate departments. I can assure you the rooms are cleaned on a daily basis. I apologize if you feel your room was not clean enough to your liking. As for the front desk doing a imprint of your card that is so we have record of your stay. There is no fraud involved, but I am sorry you feel that there is. We strive very hard to make sure all of our guest have a pleasant experience at our hotel. At the Pierview hotel you cannot beat the location with the sugary white sand beach, right on the Gulf of Mexico. Close to many places to shop and exciting night life that with the upgrades that are being made to the hotel will make this a one of a kind location. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to make your next stay a more pleasant one.

Respectfully, Staff of the Pierview Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have stayed at the Pierview many times, each time the staff and front desk has treated me with kindness and has welcomed my visit and has invited me back. I like the September and October months, because it is the area's down season. Rates are low and the front desk is willing to negotiate a price. This trip was no different, we had checked other local inns and cabins for prices, since Pierview was a familiar place, we tried and stayed! The front desk clerk was friendly to our cuase, I told her the local prices and said that we want to stay two or so weeks. She made me a "deal". This deal lasted 15 days, until Judy did not want us there any more, she up the rate and did not give me a reason! She is not a very nice manager nor does she know how to treat a long term guest. Shame on you Judy! We could have gone inland and rented two rooms, but since the rates are low, why not on the beach? She reprimanded her clerk, maybe fired her? My point is, she accepted the rate for two weeks, she reviewed the status of the hotel, EMPTY, why did she wait at the last day, double my rate, and not even a thank you for staying? I gave that Hotel $1600 for an empty season. I have said nice things about the small room that would have made a oversize dog house, and I didn't even complain about the parking issue when a woman wanted the handicapped parking spot and called the police, on a busy Friday night. Maybe Judy needs to find a New Job or maybe yet Retire? I was charged for a Newspaper and a safe. The safe was never used and the Newspaper was never delivered to my room. that cost me $5 a day, it is called a resort fee! One last issue: The Pierview still imprints your credit card, each time I have visited, when I get home my card has been breached and the Bank issues me a new one! STOP IMPRINTING CREDIT CARDS, your customers don't like it! Rick Mullins

Room Tip: Don't get the little dog house over the front desk
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
judycoleman1, General Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Mr. Mullins Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor although that is not exactly what happen or maybe we just saw it differently. I never became involved in this situation until I heard you yelling at Sheila my desk clerk because she asked you to pay your bill. In the 12 years I have been with the Pierview hotel we have never allowed a guest to stay for 14 days and not pay their bill until they left. That is not how we or any other hotel I know of does business. The language you used toward Sheila and myself was to say the least shameful. You were treated with the same respect and kindness as you had been previously and the same as we treat the rest of our guest so I am sorry you felt you were treated differently just because you were asked to pay your bill. As for the newspaper it was on the front desk counter everyday for the taking had you chose not to take one that was your decision. I don't know where you got the idea your rate was doubled but that did not happen, one of the days you were there was a holiday and yes you did have to pay the holiday rate. To put you at ease my desk clerk was not reprimanded or fired but it was brought to her attention. And the last issue if your card had been breached we would have been one of the people the bank would have contacted and so we could have researched it and we never were contacted for any of those problems. So I truly am sorry you feel you were so mistreated at our hotel that was never our intention. We are a business just as yourself and we needed to be paid for the service that was given.

Respectfully

Judy Coleman, Pierview Staff
Cape Coral, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We booked a last minute room to see one of our favorite bands at a neighboring hotel. It's been a while since we visited the Pierview and I was skeptical reading the reviews but also noted that the manager has been remarking about updates being done to the property so for the rate we figured let's try. The pool had been completely resurfaced and was clean and refreshing. Our room was clean although we did not get one of the updated ones as they we all occupied clean was good. The front desk staff was polite and knowledgeable about the nights entertainment on the beach. Overall it was a good stay. I'm looking forward to returning to an updated room. Nice to see progress is being made with the new ownership, Rome wasn't built in a day!

Room Tip: Beach front Suites cost extra but are worth it!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
judycoleman1, Revenue Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for posting a review regarding your stay at the Pierview Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were treated well by the staff. As you stated we are working on many upgrades to the property and hope soon all upgrades will be complete.

The location of the hotel is a gem in itself, with the white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico and the many attractions within walking distance of the hotel. We have many fine food restaurants as well as some great nightly entertainment. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in the area or just need a weekend away.

Staff at Pierview Hotel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Disgusting, filthy, i wanted to throw up, cockroaches, pubic hair on the floor and bed upon arrival, hair in the sink and full of grease dried coke and dust half inch thick below our beds.
Beds rusty, syntetic sheets with cigaretteburns and partly shredded.
Same price as the Hilton andMarriott in New Orleans down town,

Like a brothel in India

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
judycoleman1, Revenue Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at the Pierview Hotel. I am sorry you had such an unpleasant stay. But, I do disagree with you on your comments regarding the condition of your room. Had your room been this bad I cannot imagine why you would not have come to the front desk to report it and be moved to another room at no cost to you. All of your concerns will all be addressed with the hotel staff. We have within the last few months gotten new owners and they are in the process of doing many upgrades to the property which all take time.
The location of the pierview is one of the best on the beach within walking distance to any restaurant or drinking establishment and just mere feet away from the beautiful white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico.

I do hope once our remodel is complete you will give us the opportunity to make you stay a more pleasant one.

Pierview Hotel Staff
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place is like two extremes. There are many positives and many negatives and nothing in between.
POSITIVES:
Location Location Location. You can't beat it! On the beach just steps from the pier and downtown area with all the shops and restaurants.
Great Tropical Look. It's painted in bright Caribbean colors on the outside with cool wooden scroll work accents.
Friendly Staff. Nice people at the front desk, very accommodating and helpful. Also the maintenance guy was really nice.
Quiet Rooms: Even on floor one and being close to the main road, we heard very little noise,
Fridge and Microwave in the room,. Gotta love having that option for leftovers and all.
NEGATIVES:
The Room: We had a tiny room on the south side. Like a travel trailer kind of tiny. It was also very run down and in desperate need of a renovation.
The Parking: Very small and cramped when you could find a place; however, they were willing to reimburse for parking if we had to pay to park somewhere else.
The Pool: Tiny for that size of a facility.
I walked away having mixed feelings and am not sure if I would return. On the other hand though, I had a great stay in FMB!

Room Tip: The backside rooms, facing south and not on the beach, are really small. You should splurge and get...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
judycoleman1, Revenue Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at the Pierview Hotel. As you stated being on the beach with the beautiful white sand beaches cannot be beat. That and being within walking distance to many of the fine restaurants and gift shops make this a perfect location. We are in the process of making improvements to the rooms it has been difficult with the season and now that we have slowed down we have been working diligently to get the rooms updated before season begins.

I understand your concern regarding the small rooms, however we cannot do to much to improve that. That's is how it was when the owner purchased the hotel. Parking unfortunately is a problem at times but as you stated if you have to park off property we will reimburse you and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to make your next stay a more enjoyable one.

Staff of Pierview Hotel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We drove and got a poolside beach walk for 79 $. The rooms are ok. The floors tile with a room safe, fridge, coffee maker. The beds downgrade my review as they are uncomfortable spring matresses with makes nimal bedding. The bathroom is ok with an updated sink but the tub is oldand needs updating. There was dust and dirt behind the nightstand.

• Stayed August 2013
judycoleman1, General Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. The issues you mentioned will be discussed with the staff and I do apologize for the inconvenience to you. We are in the process of doing some upgrades to the property and remodeling the bathrooms is at the top of the list. You cant beat the location of the hotel with the beautiful white sand beaches and as you mentioned all the fine restaurants and shopping near by. We do hope you will give us another chance to make your next stay a more pleasant one.

Respectfully, Judy Coleman
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel is not bad for the price. We were able to book a room last minute for $89 a night that overlooked the pool. The hotel is older, but it is located right on the beach and is close to shops, bars, and restaurants. There is a bar/restaurant right next door that has a live band and places to sit outside on the beach. Top O' Mast is a few steps further down and so is the pier. During the day, there are stands set up for jet ski rentals, kayaks, and parasailing.
The room was dirty. The floor was sandy and the toilet and tub had not been cleaned thoroughly. However, the A/C worked, the bed was comfy, and it was convenient for a weekend get-a-way. Check-in time is not until 4p.m., but our room was ready early and they let us check-in upon arrival. The lady at the front desk, Sheila, was very nice. There is not a lot of parking and the spaces are small.

Room Tip: The rooms with an ocean view appeared to be larger and nicer, but probably cost a lot more. Rooms ov...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
judycoleman1, General Manager at Pierview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Pierview Hotel & Suites. As you can see we are in the process of doing many upgrades to this wonderful beach property. Please rest assured that we are in the process of making product improvements as well, and we do hope you will come back and see the changes that we are making. As you stated you cant beat this hotels location on the wonderful white beaches; this coupled with our on going improvements will make this a one of a kind location. We do hope you will come back and see us on your next trip to the area.

Been to Pierview Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!